Official Soccer Jersey Thread

Just got my first Puma authentic kit. Really like the overall cut/fit, absolutely hate the fused badge, and I'm iffy on the material.

Last authentic kit I purchased was from Nike a few years ago and I much prefer that execution.

I’ve been caught red handed lmao! Normally I like the replica bc the stitched badges but the sponsor on the green replicas are CRIMINAL
They know what they're doing. Just signed a $1 billion plus deal with Adidas for 10 years

IMG_2362.jpeg
IMG_2363.jpeg

I don’t understand why all these newer Jerseys are so long in the back lol esp adidas. Haven’t bought a Nike one recently

Anyone have experience with recent Kappa sizing? Looking into a Venezia kit.
I have the venezia from 2 seasons ago. Im normally a L in other stadium replicas but went xl and it fits about the same, but i have a bit of a gut so i sized up. I think for athletic builds it’s probably fine in your usual size

Anyone have experience with recent Kappa sizing? Looking into a Venezia kit.

Have the red from two seasons ago, and last year's away in longsleeve.

You'll definitely want to size up one, maybe two sizes depending on your physique. Normally a fit XL. Got the XXL and it's pretty darn slim (especially through the shoulders). Could contemplate having gotten a 3XL.

If it's the Kappa Pro Combat version, don't even consider anything less than sizing up 2.

Never quite understand why there’s so much variance in sizing. Granted, never had a career in the garment industry, but seems like a simple enough thing to keep consistent…

IMG_5103.jpeg

Wassap guys, dont frequent this topic as much. Havent bought a jersey in a long minute, especially from Adidas since a lot of my old jerseys are Nike or Puma. Reallt liking the new Manchester United kit, accidently ordered an XL instead of an L, my boy told me itll be oversized (I dont mind but I usually like my soccer jerseys more fitted) but he said it may be too long for my liking. Anyone had success of cropping jerseys? Or should I just return for an L (thinking itll be shorter and wont need the crop not necessarily width).

IMG_5103.jpeg

Wassap guys, dont frequent this topic as much. Havent bought a jersey in a long minute, especially from Adidas since a lot of my old jerseys are Nike or Puma. Reallt liking the new Manchester United kit, accidently ordered an XL instead of an L, my boy told me itll be oversized (I dont mind but I usually like my soccer jerseys more fitted) but he said it may be too long for my liking. Anyone had success of cropping jerseys? Or should I just return for an L (thinking itll be shorter and wont need the crop not necessarily width).
I'd just return it if they still have your size.

Does anyone have any thoughts on the adidas Argentina match day transfer on CFS? Obviously they’re a reputable retailer, but am I nuts for thinking there’s no chance that this isn’t legit?

Anyone purchased the green United jersey without a name a number ? How does it look with the open space ?

One of the worst developments in recent kits - I hate the open back. Not sure how much of it is league/broadcaster mandated, but feels like we're just getting "nudged" towards getting a nameset thrown on there so that it doesn't look weird.

Related to that, Puma has been doing Man City fans extra dirty by extending the shirt's pattern to the back bottom panel on the fan kits but extending it on the authentic kit (visible on the 22/23 away and third as well as the 23/24 away). Obviously another push to get fans to shell out an extra 50.

Just checked it out, and seems like Milan has the lower back section on both the fan and authentic kits. Other big Puma clubs (Dortmund, OM, Valencia...) don't seem to have any pattern extended to the back on either kit.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Has anybody recently purchased a kit off adidas with the player name on the back? I’m really interested in what font was used. Online shows a different font that no club uses.

Has anybody recently purchased a kit off adidas with the player name on the back? I’m really interested in what font was used. Online shows a different font that no club uses.

You can see this most easily with Prem clubs in cup competitions (aside from the FA Cup) – they'll use their club/brand namesets for cup stuff and their league-mandated nameset for league matches.

Similar to kit styles though, bigger clubs with richer brand deals will have a nameset that's designed specifically for them. For example, Man City's motif a couple of seasons was the 10th anniversary of Aguero's goal, so they had a "scoreboard" inspired nameset that no other Puma club used.

IIRC, national teams always wear brand namesets.

Back
Top Bottom