Official Soccer Jersey Thread

^ a few years back, went down to dc for the man u and barca. My first euro club match, not a bad start imo, but no messi or xavi. :frown:
hoping I'll be around town in july for the man city and liverpool at yankee stadium or might be down in the dmv for man u and milan.

Last edited:
^ oh yeah, only about two weeks after the final.
Although not many germans or brazilians, so the rest will be pretty much done in june. Just fernidinho and cutinho..

I kid :lol:

Last edited:
Id say go for it. A lot of you won't get many chances to see these clubs might as well take your opportunities when they come. Yeah not every big name will be there but it's not like you will get many more chances that year to see European clubs play a game. Well worth it IMO.

I too have liked what I've seen from puma with the gooners home kits.

Id say go for it. A lot of you won't get many chances to see these clubs might as well take your opportunities when they come. Yeah not every big name will be there but it's not like you will get many more chances that year to see European clubs play a game. Well worth it IMO.
These are my thoughts exactly. I don't care about milan or man city at all but I still think it would be awesome to go.
Plus the tickets aren't that expensive and I don't have to travel anywhere

Last edited:
anybody ever been to one of those international champions cup games they do during the summer? I'm going to the ac milan v man city this year. Can't wait :pimp:

I worked at the Everton-Juventus match last summer at AT&T park last summer and it was fairly enjoyable. Probably because I was on the field, but nonetheless there was a pretty good turn out and pretty much all of both teams starts played the majority of the game. If they're tied at regulation they go straight to penalties so that's pretty cool.

Recent pickups

My 2 new City pickups
Sergio Agüero Manchester City Away shirt (ordered from WSS on 2/12 got it today at 12:30pm)

Joe Hart first choice Manchester City GK shirt (ordered from MCFC shop aka kitbag on 2/22 at 6 pm customized and express shipped from Manchester got it today at 1pm)

Also for those of you who were curious the Agüero is authentic name/number & badges the hart is all replica here is a side by side. The authentic is MUCH better and larger! (worth the extra $)

Lol I hear ya, I held up on buying it after the first Chelsea match but he's redeemed himself. Plus he's been with the club for ages, and GK shirts are :smokin

Lol I hear ya, I held up on buying it after the first Chelsea match but he's redeemed himself. Plus he's been with the club for ages, and GK shirts are :smokin

I have ac feeling you might need to get a new City jersey because I suspect Victor Valdes will end up at the Etihad...

Last edited:
LOL, you can forget about La Pulga... Plus if he leaves Camp Nou, Adidas will make sure it's an Adidas team.

Good evening fellas, looking to be bothersome again, hoping to get your help on something i never seen before, anyone who has the Arsenal 11/12 authentic long sleeve would be a great help here. I just bought this recently and i examined the pictures i had to work with pretty well but i never bothered to look at the collar, when i received it today, the first thing that jumped out to me was the odd wide collar on it, i looked through google of pictures of the jersey and also looked at pictures with players wearing it and none i saw that had this wide collar, the collar basically covers my whole neck as it was intended as a collar warmer for cold games but i never ever seen such type of jerseys be offered by nike these past few seasons. The first conclusion i wanted to draw was that it was fake but when i looked more at the rest of the jersey, it has the T bars, has the right cut, and the nike authentic tag seems to be spot, only other thing that i guess wouldnt be consistent with a player issue is that it dosnt have a printed wash tag, so at this point i dont if its legit or not, i wanted to find out first before i requested to get my money back for it.

What you have there is an authentic winter version player-issued jersey.  Arsenal had two versions of jerseys that season and what you have is one that was introduced and worn at the start of the second half of the season.  They did that for the away jerseys as well.  They never released the winter ones to the public so it's definitely a great collectible to have.  From what I remember, a lot of the players preferred the regular one but some did wear the the collared one every now and then.

Very interesting, would make sense of the nike authentic tag being so spot on, i was racking my brain wondering how the hell a bootlegger got the tag so perfect. Can you recall any players wearing them? ive been looking through a good amount of pictures and cant find one player wearing it

Just been lurking this forum for a long time
happy.gif
. I collect namely player issue or authentic jerseys. I own a lot of arsenal pi jerseys as arsenal fan and saw this post and registered to help you out. 

As far as i am aware of Arsenal never played in the shirt with the mock collar. maybe it looked that way because some wear a undershirt in the same colour. I see a lot of arsenal  collections from other people, ebay and other sources  and have never seen this version with printed labels of this shirt with the mock collar avalible even by collectors who own almost every pi arsenal jersey.  For this season 11/12 nike released to my knowledge 2 type of authentic jersey for arsenal; short sleeve home and this long sleeve mock version.  

So in terms of authenticy this means that it probably is authentic because this version was largely commercial avalible but only as 'authentic' pi version, also looking on the pictures it looks 100% legit to my eyes.

hope that it helped you out, please ask if any questions. 

anybody in here a vintage collector or have stuff from the 80s and early 90s?  If you're looking to sell some stuff hit me up

Very interesting, would make sense of the nike authentic tag being so spot on, i was racking my brain wondering how the hell a bootlegger got the tag so perfect. Can you recall any players wearing them? ive been looking through a good amount of pictures and cant find one player wearing it
I'm not an Arsenal supporter so I can't quite remember which games they wore it in but I do know that some did wear it.  I do know that some wore the away version in a league game versus Sunderland:

I distinctly remember Ramsey wearing one of those in that game.  Here's a better photo:

http://tinyurl.com/kyjzb7w

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom