Official Soccer Jersey Thread

Finally got it

Spain's 2010 World Cup away jersey just pure [emoji]128293[/emoji]

picked up a few things this past two weeks - a home/away kit from a Malaysian state team, Valencia 14-15 away, Brazil WC2014 third, Bayern 14-15 home player issue and boys kit, and Utd's 1985 FA Cup final kit from this season's retro range...

Oh yeah I forgot to respond to the post if you could get any jersey which would it be and for me it would be a Long sleeve Germany away from the world cup with a Boateng nameset.

All of Umbros United kits in the 90s were fire. That 99 United Home shirt is the GOAT kit, and my grail. The first jersey I had as a kid, glad I own one as an adult too.

Can anyone tell me which is the correct color trophy patch that goes on this jersey
New-AC-Milan-Home-Kit-13-14.jpg

Some pictures it looks like the silver one, other pictures it looks like the dark one. I found this picture which is clearly the silver one
AC-Milan-Home-Strip-2014.jpg

But they also wore one during serie a play, and that's what I want to model mine after since I already have the serie a patch on it

Can anyone tell me which is the correct color trophy patch that goes on this jersey
New-AC-Milan-Home-Kit-13-14.jpg

Some pictures it looks like the silver one, other pictures it looks like the dark one. I found this picture which is clearly the silver one
AC-Milan-Home-Strip-2014.jpg

But they also wore one during serie a play, and that's what I want to model mine after since I already have the serie a patch on it
Dark grey patch is the one they used throughout the season.

Ok I need help! So I bought official number set from 2012-13 season for this jersey. Took it to a local soccer store and they tried applying it and it was unsuccessful. They tried 300 degrees F for 10 seconds a few times but it just wouldn't stick. Maybe the number set was just too old or they didn't apply it correctly? Now it looks like the jersey is ruined. Is there any way that I can still salvage this jersey? I know I can take off the number but should I try to reprint it? Btw I purchased the set from eBay user footballkitdirect.

Ok I need help! So I bought official number set from 2012-13 season for this jersey. Took it to a local soccer store and they tried applying it and it was unsuccessful. They tried 300 degrees F for 10 seconds a few times but it just wouldn't stick. Maybe the number set was just too old or they didn't apply it correctly? Now it looks like the jersey is ruined. Is there any way that I can still salvage this jersey? I know I can take off the number but should I try to reprint it? Btw I purchased the set from eBay user footballkitdirect.
[emoji]128562[/emoji] looks like no chichadios nameset on that jersey

Looking to get the Arsenal home shirt replica for this year. Anyone know how they fit? Same as last year? 

Haven't posted to NT in a while and lurk this thread often, but i saw this and felt it needed some insight. I actually deal w/ Simon from footballkitdirect whenever there's something I can't get from the shop i work at. We have two heat presses at our shop and I once messed up a nameset a long while back that I had ordered from him. From now on I make sure to message him and ask him for the exact temp, time, firmness, and when to peel (cold, hot, cool, warm etc.) to ensure I don't screw anything up again. Most of the older PS Pro type namesets such as the Chicha you have here requires the shirt to be completely cooled down and to have been sitting and rested for a bit to prevent the number coming apart/ not completely sticking to the shirt as it did here. Alot of the times I see this happen the backings are peeled off too early, which for most of the current namesets is fine, but the older ones are more prone to this occurrence.

That being said, I came across a technique that may help you in your current situation. I took the Di Maria off of my 14/15 United kit a few months back (not because anything went wrong, just because you know why), so it does work. Take an iron and let it heat all the way up and lay the jersey on an ironing board as if you were about to get some wrinkles out. Slightly press down near an edge of the damaged number w/ just the tip of the iron pressing up gently and slightly nudging the edge of the number each pass. You'll start to see the number start to lift off and keep nudging forward and you can start to peel off the pieces that start to lift to make it easier. Make sure you're not leaving the iron on the shirt or else you'll most likely ruin it, just quick passes nudging the closest part still attached to the jersey. Once you get the number off you can order the same number or see if you can prove it was defective somehow (though i don't think this was the case) and get a replacement to put right over the old glue remnants. Make sure to preheat the jersey on the second time around before you put the new nameset on to get the left over glue prepared for the glue from the new nameset which should cover it up just fine. I'll attach the link to the video where i saw this method (He does a few methods, I believe the method i spoke of, and the one I found was most effective, is the last method he uses) as well as the Di Maria jersey which i used the same method on. 

VIDEO:

JERSEY:

Haven't posted to NT in a while and lurk this thread often, but i saw this and felt it needed some insight. I actually deal w/ Simon from footballkitdirect whenever there's something I can't get from the shop i work at. We have two heat presses at our shop and I once messed up a nameset a long while back that I had ordered from him. From now on I make sure to message him and ask him for the exact temp, time, firmness, and when to peel (cold, hot, cool, warm etc.) to ensure I don't screw anything up again. Most of the older PS Pro type namesets such as the Chicha you have here requires the shirt to be completely cooled down and to have been sitting and rested for a bit to prevent the number coming apart/ not completely sticking to the shirt as it did here. Alot of the times I see this happen the backings are peeled off too early, which for most of the current namesets is fine, but the older ones are more prone to this occurrence.
     That being said, I came across a technique that may help you in your current situation. I took the Di Maria off of my 14/15 United kit a few months back (not because anything went wrong, just because you know why), so it does work. Take an iron and let it heat all the way up and lay the jersey on an ironing board as if you were about to get some wrinkles out. Slightly press down near an edge of the damaged number w/ just the tip of the iron pressing up gently and slightly nudging the edge of the number each pass. You'll start to see the number start to lift off and keep nudging forward and you can start to peel off the pieces that start to lift to make it easier. Make sure you're not leaving the iron on the shirt or else you'll most likely ruin it, just quick passes nudging the closest part still attached to the jersey. Once you get the number off you can order the same number or see if you can prove it was defective somehow (though i don't think this was the case) and get a replacement to put right over the old glue remnants. Make sure to preheat the jersey on the second time around before you put the new nameset on to get the left over glue prepared for the glue from the new nameset which should cover it up just fine. I'll attach the link to the video where i saw this method (He does a few methods, I believe the method i spoke of, and the one I found was most effective, is the last method he uses) as well as the Di Maria jersey which i used the same method on. 

VIDEO:

JERSEY:

Thank you for the reply! I have lurked this thread for a while and just posted a few times myself. I did message him for instructions and followed them but now I believe I may have peeled it too early. I waited just about 5 minutes and thought that was enough. I have communicated with Simon and he is great to work with. He will be sending me a replacement at no cost! I was successful in removing the number by using a blow dryer to warm it up and little by little peeling it off. Now the jersey has all the glue residue left over so hopefully I will be successful on my second attempt. Do you think I should try and remove this residue or will the new number and name set glue right over it?

Thank you for the reply! I have lurked this thread for a while and just posted a few times myself. I did message him for instructions and followed them but now I believe I may have peeled it too early. I waited just about 5 minutes and thought that was enough. I have communicated with Simon and he is great to work with. He will be sending me a replacement at no cost! I was successful in removing the number by using a blow dryer to warm it up and little by little peeling it off. Now the jersey has all the glue residue left over so hopefully I will be successful on my second attempt. Do you think I should try and remove this residue or will the new number and name set glue right over it?
If it's just the glue, I would cut my losses and like I said earlier, just preheat the shirt by pressing it for about 4 to 5 seconds before you press the new nameset on top. Try to align the new nameset as best as possible atop the left over residue, there might be some peeking out an edge here and there but it shouldn't really be too noticeable.

One more question. How long do you think I should wait to peel off the plastic after I press it again? Last time I waited about 5 minutes. Thanks in advance!

One more question. How long do you think I should wait to peel off the plastic after I press it again? Last time I waited about 5 minutes. Thanks in advance!
Honestly, I would press it and just let it sit for a while like maybe hang it up even in the shop for a while after it's pressed and look around for a bit while you wait maybe like 15 mins just to make sure... Then peel it carefully from the bottom right corner gently and see how easily it starts to peel. If there are any places where it gets a little tougher to come up gently wedge a finger between the backing and the nameset and slightly pull. That should work. Afterwards when the backing is all off maybe tack it (press it for a few seconds) with a teflon sheet between the number and the hot plate of the press. 

In honor of el clasico being tomorrow I copped the Barca 08-09 home shít is [emoji]128163[/emoji][emoji]128163[/emoji][emoji]128163[/emoji]

Size M

Definitely my favorite barca home of all time.

I had the same problem and Simon was nice enough to send me a free replacement. This time I actually waited for a week before I peeled... But it still failed. We just all have to admit that these are too old to be printed. I suggested him to take them off the shelf.

Honestly, I would press it and just let it sit for a while like maybe hang it up even in the shop for a while after it's pressed and look around for a bit while you wait maybe like 15 mins just to make sure... Then peel it carefully from the bottom right corner gently and see how easily it starts to peel. If there are any places where it gets a little tougher to come up gently wedge a finger between the backing and the nameset and slightly pull. That should work. Afterwards when the backing is all off maybe tack it (press it for a few seconds) with a teflon sheet between the number and the hot plate of the press. 

Here's what my shop taught me:
Prints that are in good condition can be peeled off from plastic backing even before heating/applying. He usually checks at a small corner to make sure.
Aged prints like the ManUtd cup sets are so stuck onto the plastic backing and at the same time the glue has already lost its adhesion. That's why most would fail.
I had a OWEN that barely worked and 2 GIGGS that failed.

I had the same problem and Simon was nice enough to send me a free replacement. This time I actually waited for a week before I peeled... But it still failed. We just all have to admit that these are too old to be printed. I suggested him to take them off the shelf.

Back
Top Bottom