Official space thread vol.....Astronaut status

6.5 billion times larger than our sun...

You cant even comprehend that size man, its crazy.

Really makes you feel small out here in the universe.

Existential nihilism b... There's no other way to perceive our existence

20190411_182830.jpg

Something in Deep Space Is Sending Signals to Earth in Steady 16-Day Cycles
Scientists have discovered the first fast radio burst that beats at a steady rhythm, and the mysterious repeating signal is coming from the outskirts of another galaxy.

[NASA x SpaceX manned launch LIVE stream, 27 May 2020 ]

I hope Elon Musk zips his tip once a week for the rest of his stupid life, but human progress as expressed by the exploration of space is so much bigger than my personal, perfectly valid feelings.

I wish we didn't have to privatize space so much

This is a scary idea for me.
The rich people right now only want to put things in space because they can get government contracts to pay them to put things in space.
But exploration right now isn't profitable. No rich person wants to build a Hubble or WFIRST to discover things. But if some one like Bezos decides he just wants to blow a few Billion on a satellite and try to discover aliens and keep their secrets for himself or sell that information....that's where i get iffy

obviously that's not happening soon, on that scale, but its scale-able. Maybe its not aliens but maybe its certain information that he can gather and make money off. What it takes for life on other planets, what the dark matter/energy is made of, finding certain galaxies etc

The rich people right now only want to put things in space because they can get government contracts to pay them to put things in space.
But exploration right now isn't profitable. No rich person wants to build a Hubble or WFIRST to discover things. But if some one like Bezos decides he just wants to blow a few Billion on a satellite and try to discover aliens and keep their secrets for himself or sell that information....that's where i get iffy

obviously that's not happening soon, on that scale, but its scale-able. Maybe its not aliens but maybe its certain information that he can gather and make money off. What it takes for life on other planets, what the dark matter/energy is made of, finding certain galaxies etc
Rich people want to go to space because they do t care about the earth anymore

giphy.gif

all that just to not launch? wtf lmao

haa yup that´s spaceflight for ya.

you think you´re annoyed, now put yourself in the moon boots of the astronaut who has to untangle themselves from the launch chair, get back on the elevator, drive back to base, take AAAAAAALL that stuff off...

...then come back on the 31st and take another swing. :lol: :lol:

Back
Top Bottom