Official Stand Up Comedy Thread

Im sorry people have the dumbest reactions to that Louis CK and Chris Rock clip.

Louis had used the N-Word in his act multiple times, he did ENTIRE BITS using the N-word
he used it in radio bits with Patrice Oneal.

Everyone was aware of this,
the idea that Chris Rock is supposed to be hyperventilating when he uses it in an HBO special about their comedy is absurd.

people need to realize that 2012 was a long *** time ago,
and retroactive policing of comedy is a pointless waste of time.

Louis ck clearly has an issue with boundaries and was also clearly enabled by some powerful people

him doing something he shouldnt be doing repeatedly, shouldn’t be an excuse to give him future freedom(s).. just further speaks to his problems on the matter(s)

id hope that those who may have been previously inclined to provide a defense of Louis CK have had an opportunity to reevaluate that choice and maybe realize the dude pushes boundaries and is going get away with what he’s allowed to.. ain’t your job to take bullets for him

Had Tix To The Netflix Special Tonight And Got A Free Hoodie When It Was Over.

EAC0D5C1-1AFA-41D7-9104-B641A1C0F79F.jpeg

A4337F41-B9F8-4AF1-8EA3-6B2FA2E3DBB5.jpeg

It was good. Weak start with basic old man yelling at cloud stuff but eventually picked up. His energy was really good though compared to Tambourine, like he's reinvigorated.

His energy actually made me miss old Chappelle because I doubt he can tap back into it like Chris did with his smoker's voice and muscles.

Last edited:
Mixed kids ain’t nothing new to black people

zero clue why that dude feels the need to diminish what that woman was and still is going through

i do get why rebel Wilson wouldn’t understand the role she and her mother played in the reaction she got when actually meeting this person

I feel like stand comedy might not be for you.

seems like your conclusion is based on a narrow premise

but if “black man telling people what a black woman is going through ain’t racism” is your thing, do you

seems like your conclusion is based on a narrow premise

but if “black man telling people what a black woman is going through ain’t racism” is your thing, do you

I just think the number of hang ups and taboos you have around speech are going to inhibit your enjoyment of all but the most milquetoast stand up comedy.

But to each their own.

I just think the number of hang ups and taboos you have around speech are going to inhibit your enjoyment of all but the most milquetoast stand up comedy.

But to each their own.

hang ups up like not being a fan of white dudes throwing around the N word?

again, don’t feel like comedy is going die if white dudes can’t say the N word

but I wasn’t watching louis CK anyways.. But good for you being well versed in his use of the N word

Saw the first 20 or so mins. Enjoyed the "hypocrisy" segment. Had to turn it off though. I'll finish this week

I chuckled during The Meghan Markle segment. :lol:

hang ups up like not being a fan of white dudes throwing around the N word?

again, don’t feel like comedy is going die if white dudes can’t say the N word

but I wasn’t watching louis CK anyways.. But good for you being well versed in his use of the N word

Yes, Exactly
all those hang ups make it harder to enjoy comedy.

Back
Top Bottom