OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

I was accounting and finance

I started off in finance this year just liked the Econ courses better....
When you apply for a business related job what part of your resume do you think they look/care about the most...internships? GPA?

Originally Posted by SCuse7

When you apply for a business related job what part of your resume do you think they look/care about the most...internships? GPA?

Internships, GPA, and brand name are what most look at. Doesn't matter what degree you have if its from Princeton.

Also, don't know if you guys remember OP Naufal, but I'd recommend following him on twitter. He used to have a cool newsletter, but I guess he stopped that.

Originally Posted by secretzofwar

Originally Posted by SCuse7

Internships, GPA, and brand name are what most look at. Doesn't matter what degree you have if its from Princeton.

Also, don't know if you guys remember OP Naufal, but I'd recommend following him on twitter. He used to have a cool newsletter, but I guess he stopped that.
He was the truth.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
even though his prediction for gold didn't go up nearly as much as he thought.
laugh.gif

Chipotle 2012 version of Netflix??? Man.

As far as I can tell, my other posts are gone. Very happy with my PFE position. Now I'm up 13.6% and updating my stops accordingly.

Heard something interesting the other day from my cousin who's a physics major getting his PHD

As y'all may or may not know IB's recruit these physics guys to make the intricate equations to find stocks etc.. Anyways he said something like 60% of trades in the marketplace by institutions are placed then immediately canceled. The thing with that is the system doesn't take into account the cancellation so its basically a big manipulation scheme to push **** up or down.

Just thought it was interesting. I mean it makes sense, avg investors are moving the DOW up or down, its the institutional traders moving blocks of shares.

Does anyone else have insight or opinions on market manipulation like that?

Heard something interesting the other day from my cousin who's a physics major getting his PHD
As y'all may or may not know IB's recruit these physics guys to make the intricate equations to find stocks etc.. Anyways he said something like 60% of trades in the marketplace by institutions are placed then immediately canceled. The thing with that is the system doesn't take into account the cancellation so its basically a big manipulation scheme to push **** up or down.
Just thought it was interesting. I mean it makes sense, avg investors are moving the DOW up or down, its the institutional traders moving blocks of shares.
Does anyone else have insight or opinions on market manipulation like that?

Happens all the time. Nothing new really. That's why I don't watch level II.

Last edited:
Generally those "cancelled" trades are effecting pricing by pennies....most arent't doing it for manipulation purposes and the cancellation is the different between their algorithm and market open prices or security prices at the time. I'm basing this under what I know of a couple of my clients.

Sorry to hear that. That's why I suggest liquidating your stock position right before earnings, grab a few out of the money options contracts with "gambling money", and cross your fingers.

It's a long term position for me. I believe in their business model. I plan to hold onto it. I don't trade anymore like I used to years ago.

Took me awhile to find this.

Anyways, jumped into 625 weeklies @ 4.75 this AM. Stopped out at 5.75. Looking to get back in. Nice little profit though.

Tomorrow is the big day. One of my four favorite days of the year. I still haven't settled on what I want to do going into earnings. I'm selling my Jan 14 MCD 95s that just plain suck right now to free up more capital. I'm probably going to go for some 615/610 BCS (or in that range) plus calls in the 630-650 range as a total gamble. Personally, I think a disappointing earnings is baked in, and we're going to see a surprise to the upside yet again.

Tomorrow is the big day. One of my four favorite days of the year. I still haven't settled on what I want to do going into earnings. I'm selling my Jan 14 MCD 95s that just plain suck right now to free up more capital. I'm probably going to go for some 615/610 BCS (or in that range) plus calls in the 630-650 range as a total gamble. Personally, I think a disappointing earnings is baked in, and we're going to see a surprise to the upside yet again.

The risk/reward just doesn't cut it for me. The premiums are not as reasonable as they were last time. But good luck!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom