OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

COUP opening at $16 :lol: out their minds, watching to see if GRPN bounces as a result.

CARA had my fill attention now, waiting on a good time to get in

Last edited:
I still have zgnx! I'm still up from what I bought it at but a lot less profit than when it hit $5 recently. The company should have just released the abuse deterrent formulation first. All te negative press and talk of abuse and addiction isn't helping obviously. Sold my RENN today and locked in solid gains. Still riding high in my HA position. Looking for my next buy!

Looks like you're not afraid to play with biotechs. I recommended ATHX a fews ago at $3.50 and it made a brief stint back up to $4.0 before dropping back down these past two days with the whole biotech field getting a clobbering.

It's got a lot of catalysts upcoming and I'm looking for it to break its 52 week high next week after earnings on Thursday. This is probably the last time you'll see it under $4.00 in my opinion.

Do your DD, but I think you'll like it!

:lol:. I just bought in and didn't buy alot . I don't have a whole lot to play with. DON'T JUDGE ME!

:lol:. I just bought in and didn't buy alot . I don't have a whole lot to play with. DON'T JUDGE ME!

I'm judging you pleighboi.

Day trading isn't for someone with smaller capital. Transaction fees are going to eat you alive. You should be INVESTING instead. Throw money at something and let it grow. If 25% of your cost basis is transaction fees :x

I think I remember you saying you're with Vanguard and me saying you should look into ETFs instead since there's no transaction fees and the expense ratios are low. Highly recommend you do that.

Last edited:
For the Roth IRA contributors here, are you guys actively managing your accounts? Is there any reason to contribute earlier in the year vs the end of the year? I have the ability to max out now, but would rather keep it liquid if there's no benefit in doing it now vs later.

I'm judging you pleighboi.

Day trading isn't for someone with smaller capital. Transaction fees are going to eat you alive. You should be INVESTING instead. Throw money at something and let it grow. If 25% of your cost basis is transaction fees :x

I think I remember you saying you're with Vanguard and me saying you should look into ETFs instead since there's no transaction fees and the expense ratios are low. Highly recommend you do that.

Oooooh, Nah, I'm not day trading broham. I'm slowly building Roth IRA, I just started it and have been gradually adding to it. That's why I was asking about ways to diversify.

Im actively managing my Tradking Account but letting Valic handle my 457b. I'm just trying to build

Himax down today but I still like it....at worst it is great several months down the line with the Oculus Rift in addition to Google Glasses.  New article about Sony possibly making a Rift style product: http://www.t3.com/news/sony-rift-playstation-vr-headset-news-rumours-price-and-release-date.Himax makes a chip for the revolutionary Oculus Rift and I think there is a good chance that they would supply Sony with component parts if they do make a Rift style machine.

Samsung is reportedly trying to make their own glasses called the "Galaxy Glass."  Speculation is that if they make their glasses, Himax will have a contract for that.

Clearly...Google Glasses is another reason to be bullish on them.  

Turning out to be another ****** Friday. Might be correction time.

For the gamblers:

MONDAY

after

URBN - Urban Outfitters
TREE - tree.com

TUESDAY

before

AEO - American Eagle Outfitters
DKS - ****'s sporting goods

after

CZR - Caesars Entertainment
DMND - diamond foods
PAY - verifone

WEDNESDAY

after

KKD - krispy kreme
WSM - william sonoma

THURSDAY

before

DG - Dollar General
GOGO - gogo inc
HZNP - horizon pharma
NGS - Natural Gas Services Group
PLUG - plug power

after

ARO - Aeropostale
SEAS - SeaWorld Entertainment
Ulta - Ulta salon

FRIDAY

before

LEAP - Leap wireless

GOGO & PLUG :nerd:

ARO puts anyone?

Came across BRDT from someone I follow on Twitter.

http://www.ibreedit.com/#!about/cjg9
http://www.benzinga.com/news/14/02/...ana-strategically-with-breedit-ceo-oded-sagee

Sounds like they're an Israeli based company that handles breeding data for seeds. Don't know much else about it but the stock's gone from a dime to .61 since the new year basically. Only 4 clients as well so who knows how legitimate this one is.

I'm not a fan of Sea World one bit. Can't support that imprisonment and exploitation.

thoughts on fannie mae (FNMA)? price almost doubled in a two months span. High volume and some big investors coming out publicly.

thoughts on fannie mae (FNMA)? price almost doubled in a two months span. High volume and some big investors coming out publicly.

I took my profits at 5.25. If the stock holds 5 level there is a reason. That's all I'm saying on that :wink:

Decided to play PLUG Monday to Wednesday...sell before earnings, and if they beat earnings buy at market open on Thursday.

Back
Top Bottom