OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

If SPY gets above the cloud and holds, we probably make new highs. If it fails and heads back into the cloud, I might try to anticipate a move lower under the cloud. That 189-190 level has been support. Lot of the indicators were oversold and have reset so this could just be another dip scenario. Watching that 195-196 level closely.

SPY volume is weak and not a lot of great bullish setups in individual charts. My scans aren't as plentiful as they were a month+ ago. Patiently waiting in cash in the swing and long term accounts. I will not fudge my UVXY/TVIX trade this time

Watching SPY Monday with the cloud again for little more confirmation. SPY looked toast this morning, but that's a decent tail it's put in.

updating this with SPY at the close

If there's a lower high or 197 peaks, I may try to get a few puts. Higher high and I may look to buy weak opens in select names. Markets don't go straight up or down so who knows, we may test 198 before there's another rug pull.

Last edited:
What are some of the brokerages that y'all use?

I've had TD since 2008 but that fee of $10/trade is a nuisance. Any cheaper alternatives that y'all would recommend?

Thanks!

What are some of the brokerages that y'all use?

I've had TD since 2008 but that fee of $10/trade is a nuisance. Any cheaper alternatives that y'all would recommend?

Thanks!

Scottrade, $7 per trade, or $7 + $1.25 per option contract

Last edited:
Late, but:

> Aug 18

after

URBN - Urban Outfitters

> AUG 19

before

CMCM - Cheetah Mobile
DKS - ****'s Sporting Goods
HD - Home Depot
MDT - Medtronic
TJX - TJX Companies

> Aug 20

before

HAIN - Hain Celestial
LOw - Lowes
SPLS - Staples
TGT - Target

after

HPQ - Hewlett Packard
LB - L Brands
PLKI - Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen

> Aug 21

before

DLTR - Dollar Tree
HRL - Hormel Foods

after

ARO - Aeropostale
BRCD - Brocade Communications
CRM - Salesforce.com
GME - GameStop
GPS - Gap
INTU - Intuit
MRVL - Marvell Technology Group
ROST - Ross Stores
SHLD - Sears Holdings

> Aug 22

before

FL - Foot Locker

I've got a put fly on for MDT 63-61.50-60.

ARO has their old CEO coming back stock bouncing a little AH. Interesting how they report.

Took a couple of SDS Dec $26 calls. Stop is at it's recent swing low of 24.54. Will only add to a winner. Not interested in fighting this if the market keeps ticking higher.

ARO has their old CEO coming back stock bouncing a little AH. Interesting how they report.

Took a couple of SDS Dec $26 calls. Stop is at it's recent swing low of 24.54. Will only add to a winner. Not interested in fighting this if the market keeps ticking higher.

I have a feeling they know it'll be a piss-poor report and they announced this move to give the stock a little bump from now til the ER to lessen the blow.

sum***** has gone up 40 bucks since the first time i saw it in IBD months ago.

on topic of brokers, check out SpeedTrader and see what they offer commission wise. Also call your current broker, quote the prices the competition offers and see if they could give you free trades or lower your price. Works best if you trade a lot tho but worth trying.

Bought some BBRY calls the other day because of the gearing action on the chart. Some perk today :pimp: Not much size though 2 Jan 8s and 3 12s.

Grabbed a July 2015 125 AAPL call and a December 110 call. Don't like going out of the money too much, but I feel like that July one could be a winner. Small risk here.

I cut my MDCN position in half to free up some cash. Really has been a turd lately.

Wound up taking BBRY off with SPY dumping here to cut back on my portfolio's long exposure.

Last edited:

I have a feeling they know it'll be a piss-poor report and they announced this move to give the stock a little bump from now til the ER to lessen the blow.

Welp.

Took more MDCN off to free up some cash to day trade. Down to 1000 shares at a 1.40 average. Have lost some interest with this name tbh which means it probably doubles in two weeks.

TURV is another weed play I've been watching a little. Based in Colorado I believe. No rush to get in. May wind up cutting my MDCN position in half and going with 500 shares of each company. May just wait till I grind out some gains and have more cash free to accumulate a little.

Back
Top Bottom