OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

i remember when V(isa) went public, i ended up making a few grand (bought in at 58, sold at 72). is V pretty much a flat stock now? never got to MA levels.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

i remember when V(isa) went public, i ended up making a few grand (bought in at 58, sold at 72). is V pretty much a flat stock now? never got to MA levels.

IPO hype. Flatlined after it died down.
Big day today:

8:30 GDP Q2
8:30 Jobless Claims
10:30 EIA Natural Gas Inventory
4:30 PM Fed Balance Sheet
4:30 PM Money Supply

GDP report today will be the second of three estimates for Q2 2009. Should show a revision to -1.5% from the -1% figure from released last month. Joblessclaims will be important. Last week, the news was jobless claims rose "unexpectedly" for the second week straight. I don't know if they can calla third straight week jobless claims rising "unexpected" but we'll see what green shoots they come up with. Natural Gas inventory could be a bigplay because serious supply is priced in to NG and there's a growing diversion between NG and CO (crude oil).

^ good to know. yeah the IPO was one of the most hyped that i can remember. that's why i bought in so early.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Andrew630

telk finally shows some life

smh.gif
....i sold my shares 2 days ago for a loss, not abig loss, but one that could've been avoided. CTIC, my entry is averaged around 1.55/share. Exit will be whenever it decides to go up dramatically
grin.gif

what are the plays looking like for today? I may just stay up until open
laugh.gif

-J23C

AIG :example of what happens to a stock when not much is working to the long side so all the traders around just pile into what is working.

C is up a lot considering it's below its average volume...news drop on them or something, what's their deal?

Back
Top Bottom