OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

If you want play stocks based on earnings, you should've gotten in weeks/months ago. It's not such a good idea to buy 2 weeks before earnings come out.It is already priced in to the current pps. Investors buy in weeks/months before and sell into the news.

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

If you want play stocks based on earnings, you should've gotten in weeks/months ago. It's not such a good idea to buy 2 weeks before earnings come out. It is already priced in to the current pps. Investors buy in weeks/months before and sell into the news.

word...common misconception that earnings are going to boost a stocks price. unless the earnings totally blow out the prediction, there probably wont be toomuch to gain.

ACTC did well...ASFX had a flat day.

Originally Posted by CruThik3

I I wonder if GS is going to dump before equity earnings or right after.

They'll do when you're least expecting it. They've pushed us higher with these crazy upgrades and then will dump into the rally.

whao! gold did so well today. freaking awesome. broke through that dreaded 1020 range with ease and just kept on going. stopped at 1043ish.

lilchico

based on the gold price chart do you see a little triangle forming?

Originally Posted by LiLcHiCo4LiFe

If you want play stocks based on earnings, you should've gotten in weeks/months ago. It's not such a good idea to buy 2 weeks before earnings come out. It is already priced in to the current pps. Investors buy in weeks/months before and sell into the news.

I definitely agree, I just think C might be some sort of exception to this rule, I mean just the sheer volume that it trades at everyday and the sheepmentality people have had with this stock this year makes me thing that earnings will dictate a sizable swing depending on their outcome.

what's your play on LVS? anyone selling out before this anticipated "correction"?

gonna keep an eye on NG !

Originally Posted by teddy jam

what's your play on LVS? anyone selling out before this anticipated "correction"?

gonna keep an eye on NG !
i wanna grab more at this price level or a slight dip. i dont think we will see it below 5 ever again unless something happens.

^ I'm holding a couple stock (I can't mention) ahead of earnings to see how they perform.

$ may bottom out soon and give gold a break.

Wake me up when the market moves.

The 34% stake holder of C wants to sell.

Anyone play VRSK's IPO...for better or worse?

I think Banco Santander can make some money given Brazil's good fortune of late.

Not necessarily day trading.

Originally Posted by rsdplaya

what sites offer no minimum to open an account? i know tradeking does...any others?

i should say, which have no account minimum to open an account...and which ones are best that offer that?

woooo gold broke through 1050. hope it has double digit gains everyday from now on. im hoping for around 20ish a day but i think thats too much. ng is gonna goup!

Originally Posted by nicefro

where are teh asfx holders?

im here, and this %@+@ is giving me a heart attack. i stacked up a little more this morning.
if we dont see anything happen by tomorrow or monday...something is seriously wrong.

ASFX continues to tumble, even after a conference call yesterday with investors...
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom