OFFICIAL STOCK MARKET & ECONOMY THREAD VOL. SCHOOL'S OUT

I have a noob question. What type of correlation is there between FAZ and the market? Cause it seems when the market is down prices go up and vice versa, except today where market is up and so is FAZ. I'm confused..

[h1]Direxion Daily Financial Bear 3X Shares
[/h1][h1]The fund seeks daily investment results, before fees and expenses, of 300% of the inverse of price performance of the Russell 1000 Financial Services index. The fund normally creates short positions by investing at least 80% of net assets in financial instruments that, in combination, provide leveraged and unleveraged exposure to the index. It is nondiversified.[/h1]

Originally Posted by finnns2003

Originally Posted by nicefro

ooag is asfx for the summer
You still in ASFX? I have like 4,000 shares, still don't know about it...
laugh.gif
lol no, just pointing out similarities in how the 2 ran.

Any feelings on APEI?  I've read that earnings estimates may increase and that it could see $53 soon.  Looking at the charts though I see the price falling in the short term based on the fact that it is extended from it's 20 dma.  The 20, 40 and 50 dma are layered in a pattern that looks bearish.  However, the RSI is signaling that volume is rather neutral and increasing.  There is also nearby resistance at $46.91, can anyone give me a second opinion on what you would do so I can get a better understanding of things.

Originally Posted by DB WEST

Any feelings on APEI?  I've read that earnings estimates may increase and that it could see $53 soon.  Looking at the charts though I see the price falling in the short term based on the fact that it is extended from it's 20 dma.  The 20, 40 and 50 dma are layered in a pattern that looks bearish.  However, the RSI is signaling that volume is rather neutral and increasing.  There is also nearby resistance at $46.91, can anyone give me a second opinion on what you would do so I can get a better understanding of things.

Being LONG ?  None of that matters !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You will probably witness headlines on Monday !

Ok so basically technical analysis is most important for short term trading and day trading and fundamental analysis is more important for position trades?

Ok so basically technical analysis is most important for short term trading and day trading and fundamental analysis is more important for position trades?

I wouldn't place too much particular emphasis on anything.  Whether it be fundamental analysis, or technical analysis because the market in this day and age is no longer the same.  Just take a simple look at the charts.  The gaps up/down are mutilating people !

But I am not in a position to preach, nor teach.  There are way better qualified individuals out there, not me.  I'm just throwing my 2 cents..

But I will just say that being 'long' is not good.

I really need help you guys.
I'm literally desperate at this time.
Longstory short, it's only my mother, little sister, and me and webasically have a month to get 4,000 or we lose everything we own.
She works 2 jobs and I work full time.

I know you never take advice without doing research and what not but I have to do something as the man of the family.
Can anyone help me? I have 700 saved up.

Originally Posted by finnns2003

ooag is asfx for the summer
You still in ASFX? I have like 4,000 shares, still don't know about it...
laugh.gif
lol no, just pointing out similarities in how the 2 ran.
Is it cooked? (ASFX) Cause if so, I'll sell this small position...

Wordisbarn, E-Trade did a reverse share split of 1-10. So for every 10 shares of ETFC, you get 1 share of ETFCD. Less shares now, of ETFCD.

LOL... I keep telling kids back then about ETRADE. That hsit is trash. Why bother/ I dont' give a rip if they reverse split, or whatever, it's not worth my time !

Also, stop buying shoes and work hard.. America is gonna take it on the chin next !

MFLI looks legit, I might cop some in the morning. How do you find all these sick small caps?

well i own a small part of MFLI, more than most do...and ECDC is one that i heard about from a friend...usually i hear about them from Investorshub.com.  they have a top 15 active boards, i check those to see what is being talked about, read up on some articles etc...make my decision to buy or not to buy after my DD

-J23C

Originally Posted by RunningFishy

LOL... I keep telling kids back then about ETRADE. That hsit is trash. Why bother/ I dont' give a rip if they reverse split, or whatever, it's not worth my time !

Also, stop buying shoes and work hard.. America is gonna take it on the chin next !
what do you recommend for someone with $1,000 of extra money on the side...what trading site should they pick?

Originally Posted by jordan23collecta

Originally Posted by weGOTthis

Do you guys research the companies at all? Or just dump your money into whatever sounds cool?

i look at the stars...then from what that tells me, i put the whole alphabet in a hat and draw out 4 letters...works like a charm

Awon,
ooag has had its run IMO...thats why i sold out of my entire position yesterday, but thats not saying I wont get back into this when I hear some good news..

-J23C

jordan23collecta wrote:
DB WEST wrote:
MFLI looks legit, I might cop some in the morning. How do you find all these sick small caps?

well i own a small part of MFLI, more than most do...and ECDC is one that i heard about from a friend...usually i hear about them from Investorshub.com.  they have a top 15 active boards, i check those to see what is being talked about, read up on some articles etc...make my decision to buy or not to buy after my DD

-J23C

You weren't kidding
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Good luck though, hopefully that works out for you.
pimp.gif

Anyways, I honestly wasn't trying to be an @!! or anything, I just wanted to see what kind of analysis fellow NTers preferred. 

Let's get this thing rolling again guys... I don't have money in stocks right now, but I'm looking to get back in very soon.

Back
Top Bottom