Official Stock Market & Economy Thread

wow shoulda listened to you about SRS and SKF last week. Do you think I can still get in some call option on them? If so should I go with Jan or Feb?

Like everyone pointed out, good !**%!*$ call on SRS and SKF...
glasses.gif

I'm working with diff ETFs though--but question--what exactly is the main difference between Powershares, Proshares, and Rydex (emphasis on Rydex becausei'm looking to get in whith RFN).

Is that a good move or not...

Furthermore what are your thoughts on FXP

superantigen- idk the difference between the different ETF issuers. RFN looks good. FXP is good too but there are better ultrashorts, namely SRS and FAZ.
xishinexi- don't chase plays, you gotta buy the options ahead of the big moves. maybe wait for a boucne around s&p 850 and then get february srs callsor something.
nicefro- 8000 prolly next week, i think we'll bounce around 8350.

GS gonna get destroyed.

DKY-you're like a prophet man.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I have some $$$ coming in and I'm definitely going to be contacting you in the near future.
Do you have BBM? If so just say yes and I'll PM you.

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

superantigen- idk the difference between the different ETF issuers. RFN looks good. FXP is good too but there are better ultrashorts, namely SRS and FAZ.
xishinexi- don't chase plays, you gotta buy the options ahead of the big moves. maybe wait for a boucne around s&p 850 and then get february srs calls or something.
nicefro- 8000 prolly next week, i think we'll bounce around 8350.

GS gonna get destroyed.

Why was volume protecting it a couple months ago near $100 I think (maybe 90, etc)...I thought it was odd.

bearish stocks to short/buy puts: SPG, VNO, BXP, PRU, ALL, MET, HIG, GS, JPM, BAC, WFC, C, SHLD, X, CF, POT, MOS, TRA, LCC, AMR, DAL, CAL, GOOG, AAPL, BIDU,SOHU, ISRG
bullish stocks to buy/buy calls: SRS, FAZ, SKF, TWM, DXD, SDS, EFU, RFN

feel free to list any stocks you want me to give my opinion on.

DKY- requested. My BB bugs out sometimes though so let me know if you received it.

DKY

What do you think about these stocks in the short term future?:

CTRP, INFN, NTGR, USB

And what's your opinion on Jim Cramer?

kayway- i'd suggest only stock right now, but in time the market may coil up again so that you can buy options at a low risk
mrmundaynite- CTRP is a gret short going to $15 and lower, beautiful 50dma breakdown on strong volume. INFN is in a symmetrical triangle and if it breaks downbelow its 50dma on strong volume, it's also a terrific short. NTGR going back to single digits, great textbook downtrend, it seems to like the 100dma as asell point and it is indeed breaking down there right now. USB is going down a lot more from here. Jim Cramer is an idiot who never made very much money andshould definitely not be followed.
dstaxx- got your bbm, but not your request.

DKY - my wife and I are currently putting a combined $800 a month in 401k plans from work. would you advise to leave it in a low risk portfolio or just stopcontributing in it?

I know that it lowers our tax bracket just a little bit, but what do you think??

dunkman- i dont know how much the nominal losses youll incur in your 401k will be offset by your tax benefit, but if you stop contributing and use that moneyto start a personal trading account and follow a few of my picks, i'm confident you'll be much better off that way than both alternatives. buyingstocks is obviously much safer and is also not time-sensitive, but if there's a very strong play developing, options can be a good way to risk more for anamazing return. people who followed my advice on SRS and commercial real estate stocks the past few trading days are up huge.

Hey DKY-

Thanks for your help and your informative analysis on stocks/options. I had a few stocks I want to go long on these stocks and I want to get your input on goodentry points what I should be looking at, and what your time frame is on a turn-around/ buying opportunity. Some of these stocks are from the same sector so ifyou could point out your favorites of the bunch that would be great:

SCHN, X, AKS, TCK, FCX, NFX, BUCY, GG, IAG, ESEA, ASH, AUY, FRO, FLR, ENER, LINE, MO, WFC

Great insight on SRS and SKF. If I bought these as equities, what will I get taxed, charged, and so on. I am not very familiar with ETFs.

first of all, i think these are probably all pretty good shorts until the market bounces at its november lows (which im expecting, if it doesnt-- gotta jsutsit tight for the bottom).

once the market has bottomed, then stocks can be considered to go long. don't fight the trend.

i like X the best for steels, but SCHN and AKS are great too. good picks for when the market puts in an intermediate term bottom, which im expecting sometimenext month. TCK i'm not much of a fan of, I'd avoid. FCX still has a lot of room to fall, but I'm very bullish on gold's prospects once themarket bottoms, so this will be a great turnaround candidate. BUCY doesn't impresss me too much. GG and IAG are two of my favorite gold stocks, in fact Iwill be going long them once I think the market is ready to rally again. ESEA i'd avoid and ASH is a GREAT short, it's goign to single digits verysoon. AUY is a quality gold stock, but I like stocks like GG IAG JAG RGLD GOLD AU ABX better. If FRO can bounce at 25, i'd say it is a decent pick. FLRcould do well with Obama's infrastructure spending, but gotta wait for the chart to show bullish signs AFTER the sell off ends. ENER is my favorite solarstock and will be terrific once oil puts in a bottom. LINE i've never heard of but looking at its chart it's not a very big mover so I'd avoidpersonally. MO is trash, I'd avoid. WFC is a solid bank, but it really needs to hold the $20 level or it could spell a lot of trouble soon. I'd avoidfinancials at all costs really. When the market bounces, commodity and energy stocks should lead the way.

ASH is really a terrific short, thanks for pointing it out. Might turn into a great long eventually, but right now it's a stock I'm considering playingmyself on the short side.

Originally Posted by Dey Know Yayo

kayway- i'd suggest only stock right now, but in time the market may coil up again so that you can buy options at a low risk
mrmundaynite- CTRP is a gret short going to $15 and lower, beautiful 50dma breakdown on strong volume. INFN is in a symmetrical triangle and if it breaks down below its 50dma on strong volume, it's also a terrific short. NTGR going back to single digits, great textbook downtrend, it seems to like the 100dma as a sell point and it is indeed breaking down there right now. USB is going down a lot more from here. Jim Cramer is an idiot who never made very much money and should definitely not be followed.
dstaxx- got your bbm, but not your request.
qtf! all he knows how to do is yell.

Thank DKY---

man... thanks for the advice.......
i know u posted your blog on the gold thread..... could you post it again, i couldnt locate it on that thread.

Do you think SRS too late in the game to put an option in? at what Strike price would be good?

Back
Top Bottom