Official Super Bowl XLVI Thread: New England Patriots vs New York Giants (Rematch) Feb 5th

Originally Posted by Mr Marcus

We was a Welker drop from winning...Brady did his job...I blame Welker for wearing that reebok camouflage hat te other day....drops killed us...u don't own a qb who throws 16 straight completions...the blame is solely on the receivers

Negative. They were a Wes Welker drop away from having a first down. You still have to march which seemed to be a problem...

We was a Welker drop from winning...Brady did his job...I blame Welker for wearing that reebok camouflage hat te other day....drops killed us...u don't own a qb who throws 16 straight completions...the blame is solely on the receivers
That's great. Aaron Rodgers can say the same thing about his receivers in the divisional round. The 49ers can say the same thing about Kyle Williams in the NFC Championship. Deal with it. You lost. Brady and the Pats are 0-2 since spygate. Giants are the champs.  

We wouldve been on the 20...even a field goal would've put pressure on Eli...the defense got relaxed for y'all drive cause we wanted y'all to score so we could have the last possession which was still a fail but %#%@Honestly I just want Kraft to open his wallet a lil so we can have a legit defense...we made it here with one of the poorest rosters in the league...thats a fact...yu think your Alex smith could go anywhere w/ Welker and branch? @@!! no...nobody could except Brady....give him a weapon or 2 next year and it's 07 all over again....Y'all can %#%@ on Brady but he's a hof qb and y'all are a bunch of pizza faced looking virgins

Fact is that we made 2 super bowls since then....only the steelers and giants can say the same yu *!++$%

Pats also had a cake walk of a schedule since they beat the GMen, and had as easy road this playoffs. (best QB they faced was probably Mark Sanchez, and that was the worst QB the GMen faced during that same span). They had a lot to prove this game, fell short.

%%*# happens.

But I'm done talking, GMEEENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD NIGHT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We wouldve been on the 20...even a field goal would've put pressure on Eli...the defense got relaxed for y'all drive cause we wanted y'all to score so we could have the last possession which was still a fail but %#%@Honestly I just want Kraft to open his wallet a lil so we can have a legit defense...we made it here with one of the poorest rosters in the league...thats a fact...yu think your Alex smith could go anywhere w/ Welker and branch? @@!! no...nobody could except Brady....give him a weapon or 2 next year and it's 07 all over again....Y'all can %#%@ on Brady but he's a hof qb and y'all are a bunch of pizza faced looking virgins

Right because your Mr. Marcus you are not a virgin at all. 
eyes.gif
Smh. Take your loss with some dignity.

Originally Posted by epox12

Right because your Mr. Marcus you are not a virgin at all. 
eyes.gif
Smh. Take your loss with some dignity.

roll.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif

And I'm a Steelers fan. Could care less about either team. Just stating a fact.

49er fans kill yaself...Brady got here w/ ****** receivers and a tight end...not many qbs could do that

Congrats to the giants...hell of a game...I'm salty but it was a good game so I tip my hat...Welkers drop killed us and I knew Eli was gonna make us pay...

Brady is still the god and I hope we get a legit tall wr this off season...2 midgets as our 2 main receivers just isn't cool...gronk was the only guy we ha who could stretch the field a little and he was hurt

While my qb is shooting 60% in the super bowl the
Majority of yall ain't been there 2 times anyway...so die slow...and if u got anything to say ill fade you and josh Powell hur household
I wouldn't necessarily say A.Hernandez + Grownkowski to be midgets, but I guess you're implying Woodhead and Welker?  I see nothing wrong w/ the Patriots offense.  What they lacked, was the 'deep' threat.  When Moss was still there, they had a really comfortable time w/ everything else.  I had thought Chad Johnson would've provided this, but he didn't.  Bill needs to get back to the drawing board w/ this and see what he can do in improvising an offensive unit.  They'll have lots of years ahead w/ their line up.  And dont' forget ben jarvis, who is mr. reliable on many occasions.

The truth still, is that the Patriots need to invest in a defensive core, especially in the 2ndary.  Sterling is a great asset as a rookie, but they will need more pass rush, more defensive talent, which has been their down fall.

I was thinking the same thing, when I saw the clock.  I had thought perhaps, they should let New York score, then come back and win it on the offense.

I won't get personal like most of the pretenders and amateurs, but I do agree with you about the Patriots needing to improve their defense.  Regardless, what they've accomplished means a lot, and I think a lot of people do not understand this.  They have those two young tight-ends that are capable of doing so much damage and they have a bright future.  I felt that the Giant's defense really hindered Brady, as he was unable to go w/ his hurry up offense. 

What remains to be seen is whether or not Kraft and the organization is willing to pursue some players, or maintain a core.  I recall a few years back where the franchise basically would choose rookies and no bodies in order to save money. 

While my qb is shooting 60% in the super bowl the
Majority of yall ain't been there 2 times anyway
laugh.gif

Manning completed 75%, and more importantly, didn't throw any picks.

What I don't understand though, is why or how Bellichick could even consider allowing the Giants to walk in for the GAME WINNING touchdown. You gotta trust in your D and hope they force a fumble, intercept, or possibly block a fg attempt.  The 4th quarter was so full of fail for the Pats and I enjoyed every second of it.

Had no doubt that even if welker catches that ball all they get is a field goal. Giants still march down the field and win with a td. Gmen wide receivers made plays down the stretch and the pats choked. It's funny cause pats own the jets but the giants officially own the pats lulz. No doubt in my mind that the pats never wanna play the gmen ever again

All I can say about this game is that when and if the Jets ever win a Superbowl again, it's going to the best night in the entire history of modern day sports.

Spoiler [+]
Jelly and mad all put into one
frown.gif
mad.gif

Congrats to all the level-headed Giants fans out there.

As long as the rules handcuffing defenses stay the way they are, we will continue to see teams come from the brink of the ****ter to win the Superbowl. I guess it's a good thing. But the regular season continues to matter less and less. 

Brady has to be furious about this one, the Giants simply have his number and have taken that 'invincibility' aspect away from him

I fail to see how the Hicks fumble and Bradshaw non-fumble are the same play. One was negated by a penalty and the other was a "forward progress stopped" play. No penalty = fumble and pats ball.

To be honest I thought the refs were going to call roughing the passer on the Blackburn INT (which was borderline pass interference)

But we win, so.... FeelsGoodMan

Originally Posted by DaJoka004

As long as the rules handcuffing defenses stay the way they are, we will continue to see teams come from the brink of the ****ter to win the Superbowl. I guess it's a good thing. But the regular season continues to matter less and less. 

Giants earned everything they've won and had to win outright to get in, and they did so and made all the big plays in every game, and did so last night as well. GMen have been injured all year and played a rough schedule.

Get over it, Eagles would not have won anything the way they make mistakes on a weekly basis.

In all honesty TOM BRADY has played well enough in Both superbowls for his team to win. That drop from Wes lost us the superbowl. Period
All year are secondary hasn't been #!!@ and until some new VETERAN pieces are added or atleast another Great pass rusher this team won't win. The O is completely fine Gronk, Hernandez, Wes, Branch are great with Brady behind center

Who the hell cares about A. Smith
roll.gif
Bra out most explosive receiver is on a 450k contract...nicks and Manninghan are still very young and IMO not at their peak performance, and we had one of the worst rush offense's all year long up until the playoffs, when it became average....if any QB deserves credit, it's Eli....What is it going to take for dudes to give this man his respect??...another ring?...

Fact is that we made 2 super bowls since then....only the steelers and giants can say the same yu *!++$%

The Colts went to two... do they not count? 

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Seymore CAKE:
Flanders nixxed my anti brady thread
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif
As much as my long-winded self carries on, have you ever seen me do something (lock, merge, ban, warn, anything) without at least giving a small explanation?
laugh.gif

weebay-shocked-face.gif

Damn... Who Got Me?!?!?!
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Deuce King

Congrats to the giants...hell of a game...I'm salty but it was a good game so I tip my hat...  

ibkvW21PNihR0g.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
have some class man.....he wanted it for his wife that passed...
tired.gif

and 
laugh.gif
 at underrating nicks and salsa boy not being good receivers...nicks is bigger then any of our receivers...we used our tight ends as our down the field receivers  
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom