• Don’t worry about me

Votes: 41 18.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one talking about this?

image_uploaded_from_ios.jpg

I travel and am materialistic and both have their places in my heart. By the end of it, it's all in the eye of the beholder. I would be lying if I said I could wear any cheap shoes and be okay with it. To this day I still have to wear something that doesn't make me feel embarrassed. On the other hand, traveling is just so much fun and so much to appreciate. Overtime I am in a foreign country, I think that I am so lucky and wish people like my parents could experience these things. But then I think about it, my mom hates going to San Francisco even though she's 30 minutes away from it. What makes me think she would want to go to say Japan and see all that hustle and bustle. She's so much happier just being at home and living her life and that is totally fine. She's just as happy to do that just as I am happy to travel the world.

speaking of travel
supreme needs to come out with a passport holder

Remember a long time ago back in day, over zealous border agent giving me lecture to never write on, deface, bend/mutilate or cover the passport itself. Like no ****, Sherlock. So you might run into one of these clowns who'll tear away that nice holder.

No one talking about this?

image_uploaded_from_ios.jpg

Saw that Twit post. If dumbski actually said that about high retail, he really did not like the Rimowa price tag.

Should I jump on Supreme Champion Track Jacket now or wait it out? Price isn't bad, but could they get higher?

One of the first things that comes to my mind when I drop $430 on a parka is that I could have spent an extra day in Tahoe with that money, but the golden shimmer I'm going to have on the slopes for the two days I am there is worth more. I could have also donated the money to charity, taken my parents out to eat to thank them for the small fortune they spent on raising me, saved for retirement . . . The parka is a purchase to enhance something I'm already doing. There is certainly a higher and better use for that cash, but I'm not a perfect person, and I don't always make perfect decisions.

I'll flex on the slopes, call my parents to tell them I love them, donate old clothes to homeless shelters, and still be able to feel like I'm making an effort to be a complete person. The parka was not an end in itself, but a means by which I'll make myself feel like I'm getting away from the work and financial responsibility that consumes a majority of my life. It's the exclamation point on my declaration that, during this trip, all that mess is in the rear view.

I think the message going around today is that we shouldn't let owning material goods become the ends. Having a wardrobe full of fits to flex is good if wearing them allows you to fully express yourself, but if you are completely cutting out areas of your life that require time/attention to do so then you best reconsider your priorities.

One of the first things that comes to my mind when I drop $430 on a parka is that I could have spent an extra day in Tahoe with that money, but the golden shimmer I'm going to have on the slopes for the two days I am there is worth more. I could have also donated the money to charity, taken my parents out to eat to thank them for the small fortune they spent on raising me, saved for retirement . . . The parka is a purchase to enhance something I'm already doing. There is certainly a higher and better use for that cash, but I'm not a perfect person, and I don't always make perfect decisions.

I'll flex on the slopes, call my parents to tell them I love them, donate old clothes to homeless shelters, and still be able to feel like I'm making an effort to be a complete person. The parka was not an end in itself, but a means by which I'll make myself feel like I'm getting away from the work and financial responsibility that consumes a majority of my life. It's the exclamation point on my declaration that, during this trip, all that mess is in the rear view.

I think the message going around today is that we shouldn't let owning material goods become the ends. Having a wardrobe full of fits to flex is good if wearing them allows you to fully express yourself, but if you are completely cutting out areas of your life that require time/attention to do so then you best reconsider your priorities.

This is entirely thinking about it too much.

If you have the disposable money to cop, cop. If not and wanna spend money on something else, do so. Its that simple.

Dudes re-thinking life now with this whole Rimowa thing. :lol:

While on topic of Supreme store front
Cash4 & Dak*
~Lefty

Attachments

• 3C2D243D-12A6-4367-A2E1-5332A2FFD434.jpeg
    3C2D243D-12A6-4367-A2E1-5332A2FFD434.jpeg
    362.1 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back