***Official Sweeney Todd***

Johnny Depp and Tim Burton are back! What is this, number 10? This times Johnnys a barber who kills people, and his girlfriend turns their body into meat pies.

I can't wait to see it. I missed the midnight showing. Johnnys my favorite actor(the other being Denzel). Hope the singing is good.

As I've always said: There's nothing in this world better than choreographed musical rape

I watched the original opera in my theatre/art appreciation class, it was dope. I really hope it lives up to its origins.

i ain't down with musicals like that, but this should be cool

tim burton + johnny depp = quirky, entertaining & unique films

lol @ falcon

Best duo in film, too bad Danny Elfman didn't do the score for it. I'm most def gonna check for this at this insane theater that just came in by me.

i dont like johnny depp cuz hes anti-american so i will not be seeing this movie... plus it looks really corny

Originally Posted by RatherUniqueB

Best duo in film, too bad Danny Elfman didn't do the score for it. I'm most def gonna check for this at this insane theater that just came in by me.
it was scored by one of the greatest writers in the history of lyric theater, Stephen Sondheim.

Elfman is great, but he has nothing on Sondheim.

Johnny Depp used to sing for a side project of the dude from Butthole Surfers.

I have a man crush on Johnny Depp, so I will be in the theater to watch this film.

My sister was in Sweeney Todd when she was in High School, so I vaguely remember the story.

I saw it when they had a free screening a couple of weeks ago here in NYC> Great movie. Second favorite musical behind Idlewild.

I was straight lol when I realize his gf in the movie was the chick from Fight Club.

so I guess no one saw it....anyways the flick was hot. Deep did a pretty good job with the acting and singing, alan rickman continues to climb the ladder on myfav actors list, I usually hate Helena bonham carter but she was pretty good in this. I have no idea why there was so much talk about sacha baron cohen playingthe rival barber, dude was in 15 minutes max. The songs were pretty good, gore was pretty good, and pacing felt a bit uneven. In the end its in my top five ofthe year though. Burton solidifies his spot in my top 3 directors after the last couple of so so projects. 4/5 stars

saw it tonight...had no idea it was musical...liked it though....got my money's worth...but then again i got in for free

i dont like johnny depp cuz hes anti-american so i will not be seeing this movie
Wow.
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Anyways, hopefully I'll be able to see this on the weekend.

saw it today. it was ok. the ending was too predictable. don't want to ruin it for anyone, but i doubt you'll be surprised about what happens. theblood and gore caught me off guard. i guess it was alright, nothing to rave about though imo

the musical part was the reason I'm not planning on watching at all. Maybe if I am forced to someday but that's the only way I'll see it. Not causeof the people involved, only cause I'm not a musical type of movie-goer.

i watched this movie earlier it was worth the $7.50. Good story , some songs are annoying though.

I actually Loved this film and I never say that about any musical. I've only seen about a handful in my Life but I never enjoyed one the way I did thisone. Probably because of the movies darkness which are never shown in musicals and yes, the blood caught me off guard as well. I'm convinced Johnny Deppcan be any character he wishes.

Originally Posted by Cr8tiveRec21

I watched the original opera in my theatre/art appreciation class, it was dope. I really hope it lives up to its origins.

man, I watched it back in the 5th grade during music class. so dope
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom