***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Cartoon's japanese half sleeve is actually quite nice but I hate how he does his waves. They seem so sharp when they shouldn't be.

Saw this picture on his website. Wonder if Horiyoshi taught him a thing or two about Japanese tattooing.

classic16.jpg

Cool pic, I didn't know Cartoon has a half sleeve japanese style. I tried looking it up but didn't see it. Interesting he'd have that style though.

Lol, he doesn't have a Japanese half sleeve, he tattooed one on someone and the pic is a page or so back.

I want to get a wrap around tat that covers my whole forearm but can't think of any ideas. Do you guys have any ideas? I know I don't want skulls in it. Also how much do you guys anticipate something like that to cost

not to sound like a d-bag...but if you're asking people what YOU should get...you're not ready for a tattoo.

Tattoos are something that lasts a lifetime...i think you should go back to page 1 of this thread and take a look around and try and get some ideas that stick out to you. There's a lot of good info and pictures in here.

I want to get a wrap around tat that covers my whole forearm but can't think of any ideas. Do you guys have any ideas? I know I don't want skulls in it. Also how much do you guys anticipate something like that to cost

not to sound like a d-bag...but if you're asking people what YOU should get...you're not ready for a tattoo.

Tattoos are something that lasts a lifetime...i think you should go back to page 1 of this thread and take a look around and try and get some ideas that stick out to you. There's a lot of good info and pictures in here.

Bro I have 4 tattoos already, I just really am looking for good forearm wraps and I have no real preference of what will go there.

Bro I have 4 tattoos already, I just really am looking for good forearm wraps and I have no real preference of what will go there.

Might just be a fad right now but I've seen a couple that have roses incorporated with them that look pretty dope.

I just got a quote from Ivan Natale.. sessions go from 1200-2000 dollars.. each session has a minimum of 4 hours and a max of 6 hours..
Thoughts?

Pretty pricey just cause if you do the math, it's about $300-$333 an hour. The highest I seen in my parts was about $250 (I think) and that was for Grime at Skull and Sword. The only way I can justify it is if he does it all in one sit. That price for say a half sleeve is worth the price and some tattooers do work way faster then others. I guess that is the only real reason to have a high rate like that so to justify making money better. My tattoo artist Lango just raised his rates from $180-200 but thank god I am still on the $180 pay range since I started last year.

Just a questions.....why a forearme sleeve first more so then a upper arm? The reason is I sort of did that first and kind of regret it but only cause I figured out I wanted to get sleeved afterwards. I did the forearm cause I thought it was orginal. Later on.....it just looked odd, epspecially since when you wear a shirt, people think you are full sleeved when you really aren't.

Might be a bad example but I referenced Brandon Boyd from the band Incubus on a forearm tattoo:

brandon-boyd.jpg
brandon_boyd_07.jpg

Fong I think it's because it is the only place on my upper body currently that is blank and can have a fresh start for a sleeve.

Fong I think it's because it is the only place on my upper body currently that is blank and can have a fresh start for a sleeve.

Oh....I see. Well in that case, do you have pics of your upper arm? Do you want it to flow with the rest or just be totally seperate type sleeve?

Emily Rose Murray
What is this style of tattoo called? Just a portrait?

That Emily girl has a really unique style. I love her work even though most feel feminane, even though she has a dark style. I don't think there really is a word to describe her style. It's like a old meets new style. Like new age flash? Don't even coin that phrase. Shout out to Picasso Swerve for showing me who she is. Too bad she is in Australia.

FONGSTAR Do you have any recommandation on some dope tatoo artist in NYC?

I only know Invisible Tattoo and Kings Avenue. Ask some of the east coast heads on here about better locations. I sort of only know my area.....sad to say.

After threading through these pages, got me convinced into getting a tattoo. How you guys feeling this one? And I've been thinking about switching the words to, "The World Is Yours". The picture represents the deconstruction of the world and the idea that you must look past the broader picture, and into in more depth the definitive nature of things as broken down pieces.

This is great. I love traveling and I'd love to do something like this. I've always wanted a tattoo with something to do with the world.

Oh....I see. Well in that case, do you have pics of your upper arm? Do you want it to flow with the rest or just be totally seperate type sleeve?

I'll try to take a pic of my upper arm. It would be cool if it flowed, but I wouldn't be pissed if it didn't flow. Currently I know that I don't anything with skulls, dragons, tribal art, or anything greek themed.

Anyone here get work from David Sena? I just scheduled an appointment with him in July.

Going big for my first tattoo. Planning on getting a 3/4 sleeve.

Made an appointment for June 4th to start my tarantino movie tattoos. Starting With Oren Ishii and later I will finish off with Mia Wallace.

Can't wait until my back is lasered off. Starting over with a bird caged in my left rib. Chilling on that swing that hangs frim bird cages.

I just feel embarrassed that I have this ****** back piece. :smh: the new tat will embody the message i wanted to say with the ****** up tat.

I will also have to remove these small leg tattoos that healed incorrectly.

This will be expensive but I just want to be proud of mg body, and everything on it. Been going to the gym too.

Im getting a tattoo removed and getting somethigng over it, It was one of the worst pain ever having that laser hit my skin
mean.gif
 And imma hev to go at least 2 more times.

Wait til you find out what you want honestly.

This is Adam Hays, out of Red Rocket Tattoo. My guy is Kyle, he tells me to go to Adam for some stuff, since he's the most talented artist there. I might actually do it for a full back piece. A tiger would be dope. This is some of his recent back work.

It's crazy that you posted those two pics - I hung out with Adam a little bit while he was here in TO last week doing a guest stint at my buddies' shop (it's where the pics were taken; the guy with the fresh skull / dragon back piece is a friend of mine).

To anybody in NYC looking for a good place to get tattooed, I highly recommend Red Rocket (which is where Adam works): great spot, even better people. Kings Avenue is also a safe bet, but Mike and Grez, their best artists in my opinion, have quite the wait list.

Planning on getting a 3/4 sleeve in a week.I will probably get something that wraps around my arm. Can someone recommend me a good Tattoo artist in Atlanta? Not trying to pay more than 700 though.

It's crazy that you posted those two pics - I hung out with Adam a little bit while he was here in TO last week doing a guest stint at my buddies' shop (it's where the pics were taken; the guy with the fresh skull / dragon back piece is a friend of mine).

To anybody in NYC looking for a good place to get tattooed, I highly recommend Red Rocket (which is where Adam works): great spot, even better people. Kings Avenue is also a safe bet, but Mike and Grez, their best artists in my opinion, have quite the wait list.
Yeah hes a chill dude. I go to Kyle who works in the same shop, he's an excellent all around tattoo artist. Adam is "the" guy at the shop though, the most talented one, not taking away from anyone else though of course.

Im getting a tattoo removed and getting somethigng over it, It was one of the worst pain ever having that laser hit my skin :smh:  And imma hev to go at least 2 more times.
Are you light skinned or dark skinned? Color of tat? How many times total?

I will have to have a few done. No anasthesia. I saw in LA ink the girl had that option.

I am going to have to get a few tattoos removed too :frown: :smh:
Still well worth it to me

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom