***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

How does one go about doing a leg sleeve? I have a bunch of images (not japanese) that I know I want but I'm not sure how to fill the space around them. Any suggestions? I'm thinking top of knew to ankle for starters.

i got my first tattoo last month and my friend edited a time lapse video of my sessions. He did way more with it than I expected.
No lie, I want something like that on my leg. You traveled for this guy? Where are you originally from and what other artists did you consider for the job? Im from NY.

No lie, I want something like that on my leg. You traveled for this guy? Where are you originally from and what other artists did you consider for the job? Im from NY.
I'm from the bay area so traveling to hawaii for a tattoo wasnt that much of a pain. I was looking at a handful of artists. My brother actually went to this artist first and when i saw his tattoo in person i was sold.

Here in the bay area in san jose, there's humblebeginnings (http://www.humblebeginningstattoo.com/) Orly at humble just recently tattooed Colin Kaepernick. I considered going to Orly a few years back. Sef did my friend's tattoo. I dont know anyone personally that went to Mel but she does good work as well.

There's also http://www.earthboundtattoo.com near monterey,ca and Tha Kuya in San Diego

My bro's friend's artist's ig @alipatefetuli

Also @pacificsoul_steve and anyone at house of ink in hawaii is good.

sorry dont know of any artist east of cali

Last edited:
Not super big on poly tats but when it looks right......it looks right. Bong is cool with Lucky and all those Hawaiian tattoo artists. Seems like it was worth the time and effort to get it done there. Kind of makes it more authentic. Props.

Indeedsir.....Very cool. That came out awesome.

I got 49 days until my next session finally. Hopefully do like 5 hours if I can. Can't wait!

All the work that comes out of Skull and Sword looks great. I really want something done by Henry Lewis but I'm a broke college student lol
Also, I live right across the street from War Horse. George's portfolio is really awesome. As are all the other artists there. The names that come to mind are Miah and Paul Bosch.

My biggest things holding me back from getting something asap are money and not knowing if I can get my idea clear enough to have it sketched out.

Last edited:
i got my first tattoo last month and my friend edited a time lapse video of my sessions. He did way more with it than I expected.

Dope! I'm planning to go to Maui in May and thought about getting something out there.  I gotta do some research. How much did that cost?

By the way, is anyone familiar with some shops to check out in Denver?
I may be going there in a little bit and might have some spending money...

bout to do round 3 this weekend. I don't have an updated picture of my first shading cause it was only half my butt and it looks funny. So hopefully I'll get the other half done this time.

My boy Skinny from Ace Custom Tattoos in Charlotte NC did some work on my leg yesterday. I still have around 8 hours. It was a good start yesterday. Here's my leg and some of his work on Instagram. If you're ever in Charlotte go to Ace Custom Tattoos. Rodney Raines, Chris Stewart, and Skinny are very talented.

Finished one from Henry that a few people were feelin earlier in the thread, looks bad ***. I'm only about three weeks out from my appt; I was really close to canceling because I found out my girlfriend is pregnant a few weeks ago and need to start saving, but I think I'm going through with it anyway to at least get it started.
I think I'm going to take enough for a 3-4 hour session, how long do you guys usually sit on one session? It is my first but on my bicep and I'm not sure where to rate my pain tolerance at this point lol

^^^^I just saw that on his Insta. First tattoo? Talk about going for it.

And 3-4 hours for a sessions is cool. I did 5 hours and it seemed like it took forever. Just with the breaks and the initial start to even get started.

I just sat for 4 hours to finish mine. Pain was fine, but it is boring and uncomfortable to sit that long. I won't do more than 3 hour sessions from now on unless it's to finish a piece.

I'll post pics after it heals. Really happy with the work.

Had my final session today which was basicly a touchup session. Here is the end result:

It was a fun process that I went trough starting in September untill today. Kind of a weird feeling that it's all done. But I think I'm done with ink (as of now). 
laugh.gif

Dope AF :pimp:

What does that tat mean to you though? If you dont mind

Had my final session today which was basicly a touchup session. Here is the end result:

It was a fun process that I went trough starting in September untill today. Kind of a weird feeling that it's all done. But I think I'm done with ink (as of now). 
laugh.gif

Dope AF! :pimp:

Last edited:
Just to clarify that is not my tattoo at all lol just reposting some of Henry's latest work.

I don't know if that was someone's first tattoo, I was just asking because its my first so I wanted an idea of how much cash I should bring.

@henrylewis77 he tattoos in the city at skull and sword (Grime's shop), chill dude from the brief meeting I had with him. Ill post my tattoo when I start it next month

Last edited:
Yo, so I'm pretty big into fitness and whatnot.

Right now, I'm sorta in my 'off season' and have developed a bit of a beer gut.

I plan on losing the gut in the next month, but should my fluctuation in weight/size worry me with my tattoos??

I'm planning on getting the right side of my stomach tattoo and that for sure is going to be the area that changes the most pretty much on the month to month basis...

Dope AF!
pimp.gif

Thank you sir!

The tattoo stands for the short life on earth and to make the most of it because it's not eternal. The clock inside the hourglass is my time of birth which turns into sand that flows through the hourglass. The sand escapes from a crack on the buttom part so that it can't be turned around, unlike a real hourglass. The flowers are decorative, but you may notice that they are more full at the top and some leafs have fallen. This also represents life and death.The roses on my tricep are meant to blend in with another tattoo that I have on my inner bicep.

Yo, so I'm pretty big into fitness and whatnot.

Nope. Not at all.

Right now, I'm sorta in my 'off season' and have developed a bit of a beer gut.

I plan on losing the gut in the next month, but should my fluctuation in weight/size worry me with my tattoos??

I'm planning on getting the right side of my stomach tattoo and that for sure is going to be the area that changes the most pretty much on the month to month basis...

Back
Top Bottom