***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

I guess I never did post my octopus rib piece.

Going back on the 13th to get a pair of Koi done on my left leg.

wat up guys new too this thread

im here because im getting my first tat next Thursday. its going to be on my chest...

on my right chest it will say "Die Now with the crying skull face and the other pec will say Live later with the skull face

the guy is charging me $480...is that normal for what Im getting? he also said he will do the background of my chest for free.....I wasn't going to get a background shadow but he will do it for free if I want....basically my whole chest covered

Last edited:
Sounds terrible, especially if hes saying he'll do background for free. Should be hourly, if he can squeeze background in then fine. Seems like he doesnt even know what to do with his own tattoos. The idea is meh but hey its your tattoo.

Well he said he will do the background the following two weeks after he does what i want. He has done my brother's tattoos and my friend. I seen his work. He offered the background for free because he is friends with my brother

Well he said he will do the background the following two weeks after he does what i want. He has done my brother's tattoos and my friend. I seen his work. He offered the background for free because he is friends with my brother

Jpegs for reference?

wat up guys new too this thread

im here because im getting my first tat next Thursday. its going to be on my chest...

on my right chest it will say "Die Now with the crying skull face and the other pec will say Live later with the skull face

the guy is charging me $480...is that normal for what Im getting? he also said he will do the background of my chest for free.....I wasn't going to get a background shadow but he will do it for free if I want....basically my whole chest covered

Where are you getting it done at?

Those tattoos are weak and his portfolio is creepy. Not one tattoo stands out. He's scared to go bold. Go somewhere else man. Don't skimp on a chest piece. Especially for a first tattoo. Go to the best shop around and make friends.

Had my first session on my sleeve done. Top half is a coverup.

Saw the progress pic that looks very clean.

I'm looking at a samurai tattoo, maybe with him on one knee but getting up. Kind of meaning even when you're down you're not defeated or giving up. Early stages of my planning.

Last edited:
Saw the progress pic that looks very clean.

I'm looking at a samurai tattoo, maybe with him on one knee but getting up. Kind of meaning even when you're down you're not defeated or giving up. Early stages of my planning.

Thanks man. Hopefully it'll be done within the next two months.

I always like the idea of the samurai and at first just wanted the mask. However the artist refused to do just a single mask with a bunch of other "symbols " because he said it's not the kind of work he does. He took my ideas and made them into one full piece. As soon as he started speaking about what he envisioned I was like "hell yea"

Only problem is I haven't been tatted in about 3 years prior to starting my full sleeve and know I don't see myself stopping.

#Inkmywholebodyidontgiveamother****

Anybody following Jun Cha's instagram??

Dude building hype for his new studio like it's a Yeezy release :lol:

Out of all the artists i follow though his branding is superb. There's a gang of dudes at his level but he has separated himself with his attention to detail.

Also if there are any artists/aspiring artists in the thread i believe he is taking on apprentices so i would look into that **** asap!

^^^^I honestly haven't check for his stuff in a while but just saw his IG and man, the dude is still good.

I had to get my deposit back from an artist who just didn't peak my interest, and quite frankly, made my experience sketchy from the night I met him. Long story short, I go back to see the mockup he "drew" and it's just a straight tracing of the reference pic I showed him.

Anyhoo, I'm going with this guy to get my Thriller wolf torso piece

http://mattbuck.tumblr.com/

Hasn't been tattooing long, but this guy is a ******* artist!

Wow. Dude can really do any style. That's pretty cool plus his art is good. You got a winner.

That Matt Buck guy is legit bro. Smart move on switching up.

Sounds obvious but the best tattooists imo always come from that fundamental fine art skill set.

A lot of artists i feel jump straight into a particular style of tattooing through emulating whats already out there. That's why there's so much neo trad work out there at the moment. In terms of execution it's relatively simple so i guess that's why a lot of new artists jump on that wave.

Nice a blinkin a blinkin , I plan on doing my calf too and I see we the same complexion and although I wanted some color yours is making me think about not doing it. How was the pain though?

Most of my tattoos are black and grey. I like the old school vide it gives the piece. But here's my koi half sleeve to show how the color stands out on your/my skin tone.

http://s417.photobucket.com/user/khodge2/media/E54290EE-A03F-4010-AEF1-DFCABE59187A.jpg.html

I'd definitely say get the color done if you really want to. It shows up really well if the artist uses the right shade.

As far as my calf, it was a unique experience. Everyone told me the shin would be torture, but in my case, I barely felt any pain at all. The actual calf muscle and the area going towards the back of my knee had me damb near in agony. The letter "d" in the word "Onward" was possibly the worst tattoo pain I've ever felt. :lol: :x

All in all it was worth it. I've always wanted my legs done. To be honest though, I have no plans to get my right leg inked now. :lol:

Last edited:
Just saw this on my cpu and yea you a shade lighter than me 
laugh.gif
, I was on my phone and it looked like we were similar. I have color on me already and it looks great but the black and grey looks awesome. I was afraid of the shin too. Thanks for the info

Got the urge to start and finish my sleeve.. I essentially have my upper arm covered.. except for the inside of it... (Delaying it as much as possible :lol: :\ )

But I might set up a consolation here soon and figure out what pieces I'm looking to get done..

whiteboirockjs07 whiteboirockjs07 sick!! I love those kinds of tattoos, wish I could get one, but I'm of the high melanin kind, so I'm not sure how possible that is.

In other news, my consult for my Thriller werewolf with Matt Buck went swimmingly. It's extremely relaxing and exciting knowing an artist is at the helm of your body art. He sketched an idea while we mined it over and the composition was better than I imagined.

The previous guy I sat down with took a week to call me back for a viewing of the sketch that turned out to be nothing more than a tracing of the reference photo I showed him
600full-thriller-screenshot.jpg

I'm disgusted thinking about it. Like, I wanna blow up his spot, but I'm probably in the wrong and he might have some artistic ability. But if he does, **** him for being lazy as **** with me. I for sure wasn't leaving my deposit to go towards a different uninspired piece.

^obviously feel free to share at your own discretion, but it'd be cool to know who that is so we can avoid him. I legit am mad for you. We're talking about permanent body art. Not everybody is trying to get whimsical one off tats.

Back
Top Bottom