***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Might get Eric to do my rib piece, I want father time statue style.

Other than that, looking for a neck jammer coming this month, more like collar bone but it will go on my neck a bit.

Might get Eric to do my rib piece, I want father time statue style.

Other than that, looking for a neck jammer coming this month, more like collar bone but it will go on my neck a bit.
Let me know how that goes. Been wanting to get a piece by there too. 

This is some if the work I've had done.

Has anyone had experience bringing a drawing you want to an artist, how did you instruct them, how do you get them to edit any mistake you may have made on your drawing?

Has anyone had experience bringing a drawing you want to an artist, how did you instruct them, how do you get them to edit any mistake you may have made on your drawing?

It's a balance from both parties. My 2nd tattoo was like that. Brought something in and he advise to do it differently when I just wanted as is. I let him do his thing and he pitched it back to me and I dug it. I had him color it to my liking though but you can definitely tell the tattoo artist what to do if they are open to it. Some artists do like little feedback from the client but those are more specific to people that just want stuff done their way. No one would go to say Nikko Hurtado and tell him to do a tattoo a different style than he's used to. You get a Nikko tattoo to get a Nikko tattoo.

Nice. That looks like it would hurt. I don't think I can mess with that spot.

I finally am craving for a tattoo. Sadly it can't be a big one and something within a small budget. Thinking about a lower arm jammer. One of those geometrical tattoos that seem to be a little trendy now like below:

11176080_568293599939705_228799056_n.jpg
11856863_661025390666345_1766052787_n.jpg
10990588_1588295291404478_510650634_n.jpg

I got those images from 2Spirit Tattoo which is in SF. Roxx is the main person but her other artist seem decent enough. Check out there work if you've never seen it. Definitely something different than the norm.

http://2spirittattoo.com/

What are you guyses thoughts on the "statue" style that seems pretty popular right now? Is it a trend or has it been around for awhile now? Seems like a lot of artists are influenced by Jun Cha now that I look up a lot of tattoos. I've been considering a religious themed piece, but thinking about staying away from the "statue" style tattooing. Is there a specific style name for it?

I put down a deposit for an artist named Miguel Ochoa, got a consultation coming up and first session in December. Pretty excited but nervous at the same time.

Can anyone identify what type of angel this is?? Thanks in advance.

Also, here is some of Miguels work!

Last edited:
Its black and grey basically and thats been around forever. People are just seeing it now cause of social media.

I think I meant the use of more "statue" tattoos rather than just black and grey work. Seems like a lot of people have been getting "statue" tattoos like Bernini's work or the Pieta Mary, etc.

Got the line work for my new sleeve done in a single session yesterday. Pretty stoked.

Dope! How long that took? Man youre arm hates you today I bet. :lol:

Finished Thursday.... Might be my last one, the pain was was wild. My foot and calf is still swollen [emoji]128546[/emoji]. I doubt it will be my last one though lol.

28ajpmx.jpg

Got the front of my leg done, well outline only and it was a piece of cake. Didnt really hurt at all. Now my neck? Yeah that sucked. :lol: Looks great.

Dope! How long that took? Man youre arm hates you today I bet. 
laugh.gif
Six hours and yeah my arm is a bit swollen, but not too bad.  It's been over six months since I've had anything done, so I had forgotten how lovely line work is on the sensitive spots.

My whole Japenese sleeve with chest panel altogether was 16 hours so I def believe that for 6 hours with all the lines. Youre looking at atleast 20+ hours altogether with coloring and stuff.

That was 6 hours? Amazing. I did a 5 hour set and I swear it didn't even show.
Yeah, he was on it the whole time.  Crazy amount of detail.
My whole Japenese sleeve with chest panel altogether was 16 hours so I def believe that for 6 hours with all the lines. Youre looking at atleast 20+ hours altogether with coloring and stuff.
I figure about the same time wise.  It's going to be strictly black and grey like my left arm, so shading the characters and the background work will start in 2 weeks.  

I guess I have to clarify. My 5 hour set was shading and coloring. I guess that really does take the longest to do but still, I think my outline took 4 hours and that wasn't even a full sleeve.

Im trying to figure out who did this leg tat bc i would love something similar on my arm.

Back
Top Bottom