***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

I do not understand tipping somebody who sets their own prices
Why set your prices and then expect people to pay you on top of that? Why isn't the price inclusive of a "tip"?

BIG FACTS !! You know how much your shop takes, just charge me whatever you actually want to make and call it a day.

I usually tip $50min/$100max on full day sessions no matter their rate. Applies to mutiple sessions as well if not done in one sitting.

Not going to lie on my first 2 pieces from my artist I didn't even tip.

He just mentioned he was a huge fan of AM1's and is a size 14. I worked at Nike at the time so I grabbed him like 3 pairs of AM1's off swoosh.

He was more than happy with that.
That’s wassup. Artist remember you when you tip, especially if it’s non monetary.
Gave a 1/2 of doe doe After 1st session. Homie gave me player price next session

Ah man....my flight is booked and I am ready to go!

Honestly though I don't think I can do it as well. I've looked it up and I don't think I can find one person who can do a 10-12 hour tattoo. Realistically I might just do the max I can do and pay for a full day of work and then just head back to Vegas another time. Thankfully the flight isn't that expensive and long from the Bay Area.

Thought this video was cool. The guy is pretty good and at least giving some NBA stars some good tattoos.

You probably got the tat already but like I said before, you’ll be fine. It’s not that brutal. Your chest piece will most likely be more painful

You probably got the tat already but like I said before, you’ll be fine. It’s not that brutal. Your chest piece will most likely be more painful

Yeah. I am done. I am not trying to over exaggerate when I say this but I think that was the most painful thing I have ever experience. I did about 9 hours total with breaks and what not. Once the needle dropped, pain was sort of there and it just either heightened or went back to a base pain. But the areas near the back of the knee and back of the thigh hurt so bad and I wasn't even in total bad areas of my thigh like the inner part. I would have tapped out if I lived close but since I flew in, we sort of had to make it work which I am glad we did.

Here is the tattoo. Done by Andy Pho and Skin Design. Super cool guy and even took me back to the airport since it was on the way home for him. Such an odd experience with it being just full pain but good conversations as well. Can't wait for this to heal since it will look totally different when it does.

2vmc19g.jpg

That’s beautiful, man!
The placement is a little odd if you’re not going full leg sleeve but again still very nice!

That’s beautiful, man!
The placement is a little odd if you’re not going full leg sleeve but again still very nice!
Dude. You’re right. We went over this before we laid out the stencil. He said that he’d lay it out so I could do a thigh sleeve and I told him I wasn’t going to do it but he did it this way anyways. It’s odd cause it works from the side it not from straight forward. I don’t think it totally works either or side, so you kind of have to fill the whole leg.

Being expected to tip a percentage seems wild...

I’m throwing you a 20 regardless of time spent :lol:

Go buy lunch on me fam... That chair rents on you doe :pimp:
I don’t mind tipping the artists that kick up to an owner, but I get mine done by the owner so I have a harder time with tipping him.

I tip my dude nice because he usually hooks it up a little bit and he always comes in to eat at my girls place she serves at and he tips her good.

But on a tattoo that the guy is charging 500 an hour *****.

I got ragged on during this past Mother's day BBQ at my sister's house for the only one out of my 5 siblings for not having a tattoo. I think it's time.

Yeah. I am done. I am not trying to over exaggerate when I say this but I think that was the most painful thing I have ever experience. I did about 9 hours total with breaks and what not. Once the needle dropped, pain was sort of there and it just either heightened or went back to a base pain. But the areas near the back of the knee and back of the thigh hurt so bad and I wasn't even in total bad areas of my thigh like the inner part. I would have tapped out if I lived close but since I flew in, we sort of had to make it work which I am glad we did.

Here is the tattoo. Done by Andy Pho and Skin Design. Super cool guy and even took me back to the airport since it was on the way home for him. Such an odd experience with it being just full pain but good conversations as well. Can't wait for this to heal since it will look totally different when it does.

2vmc19g.jpg
Lol damn bro. I’m surprised it hurt more than the chest. Glad you went through it though. Tat looks dope!

2vmc19g.jpg

Congrats man, wish I could see the new ink but it just says

My back was far worse than my leg. Tatted from ankle right up to my crotch area and none of it hurt more than my lower back

My back was far worse than my leg. Tatted from ankle right up to my crotch area and none of it hurt more than my lower back
Are you comparing bad pain to really bad pain? I hear the lower back and even lower stomach is a real pain in the butt. For me, back seems super painful but I have a sort of boney back anyways.

I still can’t imagine the back of the knee. I was about 2 inches away from there and it hurt like crazy and it felt like I was right on there. I would think inner thigh would suck too. Actually, I think all of my tattoos had severe pains to a degree. None of them have beent that easy.

Any artist in the Tampa, FL area? Moved from
NJ last year and feel like it’s been tough trying to find a new artist

Are you comparing bad pain to really bad pain? I hear the lower back and even lower stomach is a real pain in the butt. For me, back seems super painful but I have a sort of boney back anyways.

I still can’t imagine the back of the knee. I was about 2 inches away from there and it hurt like crazy and it felt like I was right on there. I would think inner thigh would suck too. Actually, I think all of my tattoos had severe pains to a degree. None of them have beent that easy.

I mentioned this in the thread years ago: I will go to my grave insisting that the back of the knee is the worst. The tattooing is bad enough but the healing process is even worse; your joint is going to swell up like a mofo, making bending and walking incredibly difficult. Which - surprise! - your knee tends to do on the regular.

Lower back (the "tramp stamp" area) is a distant second, and was hardest to sit through when I got my back done. I get that females like that spot because it's not the most immediately visible (but still allows the tattoo to be shown off with the right kind of clothing... or lack thereof), but man, it's definitely not fun.

Back
Top Bottom