***Official Tattoo Thread: Inked-4-Life Vol.2***

Artist out here will clown you and put you on blast for using things to mask pain

they probably clowning numbing creams and such, which I’d never do. My artist is the one that told me to smoke and/or have a beer a few hours before our sessions. He’s been in the game since early 2000’s. I trust he knows wth he’s doing. I’m not saying promote it, but it’s my ritual for sure, don’t care what nobody say or think.

some people come in visibly high and drunk which is hopefully a NO GO for anyone considered a professional.

every single time i get tatted.

got an outline on my chest.. felt everything SMH. don't even want to shade it in anymore :rofl:

i swear my arms and leg did not hurt this much

Arms and back weren’t that bad. Chest and collarbone area, hoooly **** I felt it almost the entire session. Did the outline years ago, still gotta go back for the fill in
3E79DD8A-6355-47B4-9F1E-D8E0192B3065.jpeg

Numbing cream is frowned upon?

my artist told me grab some before I hit my inner if I plan on finishing it in one session

Numbing cream is frowned upon?

my artist told me grab some before I hit my inner if I plan on finishing it in one session

so now you know what they think of you... just kidding :rofl:

my buddy owns a shop, most of his artists have it at their stations but don't suggest it unless the person is really afraid of the pain/can't sit through the session.

supposedly it doesn't last that long, 1-2 hours at most.

I used it on my sides and my chest and stomach. It works but when it wears off that pain is real. Never heard of it being frowned upon ever

It’s true, when the numbing cream stops it hurts 10 times more than normal. For that alone I would not recommend it unless you’re getting something teeny tiny

I thought things like pain killers would act as a blood thinner and make it worse, if not I might give it a go. The last set of line work on my arm had me tapping out.
I’ve taken painkillers before sessions before and no issue. Ymmv

every single time i get tatted.

got an outline on my chest.. felt everything SMH. don't even want to shade it in anymore :rofl:

i swear my arms and leg did not hurt this much
I thought my chest was the worst thing ever (Star Wars movie poster), but then my dumb *** decided to get my head tattooed..The back and sides hurt so bad I almost passed a couple times (4 hr session of my family motto in Latin)..Went back a month later for the touch up/white highlights and could only make it about 20-30 minutes..Ask the artist if the white would really make that much of a difference..He said it'll make the piece more legible when my hair grows back..I told him I'm going bald and don't plan on having hair..We didn't do the white highlights..

The-Kiss.jpg

Wanted NT's opinion regarding copying tattoos. There's this artist that tattooed this painting on one of his client. I was looking to get the same thing but was hesitant to ask since I'm not sure if it's regarded as copying. I assumed it's not because it's a painting in a museum and not something the tattoo artist himself created but I just want second opinions.

What were you getting done?

I have a feeling a LOT of these celebrities with this tats all over have taken pain killers as well. I wouldn't take em.
Chest/ribs. I was young/dumb and wasn’t taking them because of the tattoo necessarily :lol:

The-Kiss.jpg

Wanted NT's opinion regarding copying tattoos. There's this artist that tattooed this painting on one of his client. I was looking to get the same thing but was hesitant to ask since I'm not sure if it's regarded as copying. I assumed it's not because it's a painting in a museum and not something the tattoo artist himself created but I just want second opinions.

I don't consider that copying. You're referencing the painting, not the tattoo. I'd assume that's how most if not many tattoos are. People have a reference and the tattoo artist goes from there.

I'd never use a picture of another tattoo as a reference tho.

I thought my chest was the worst thing ever (Star Wars movie poster), but then my dumb *** decided to get my head tattooed..The back and sides hurt so bad I almost passed a couple times (4 hr session of my family motto in Latin)..Went back a month later for the touch up/white highlights and could only make it about 20-30 minutes..Ask the artist if the white would really make that much of a difference..He said it'll make the piece more legible when my hair grows back..I told him I'm going bald and don't plan on having hair..We didn't do the white highlights..

Post up pics of your tats, sounds dope

The-Kiss.jpg

This painting would be such a sick tattoo

The-Kiss.jpg

I've seen this tattoo done a few times.

From Elliot Hulse (fitness youtuber)

1630017380733.png

I've personally never cared for the 1 for 1 execution of it because of how busy the art is but I think it can be done well if if the artist style complements it.

I hope my 2cents helps.

Have both sleeves done, chest, outline on back and my shin and never used any creams or painkillers. Wish I did though cause my artist who did my Japanese sleeve was amazing but he worked quick af and was heavy handed. Top of my shoulders where the bone is was terrible.

Don't think i'd get a chest tattoo or a stomach one. I'm one of the rare Asian guys with a lot of body hair. My shoulders and upper arms are bad too. Most clear spots would be my forearms.

Back
Top Bottom