Official tax refund thread vol. for the 2015 tax year

State always takes longer for me. Looked it up yesterday and they said 8-12 weeks, which is insane. Knowing my state, they're probably borrowing from some fund to pay folks back.

I havent filed in like 4 years, what kind of penalty am I looking at?
mean.gif

Like yo, what's the motivation behind not filing for that long? Because if you haven't filed in 4 years that **** was on purpose. That isn't one of those "I forgot" things. :lol:

What good do people think will come of that?

Penalties depend on how much you owed if you had filed on time, it's a percentage plus interest. If it would have been a refund, you would be penalized minimum $135 after 60 days. If it's been over 3 years, you lose rights to refund and owe penalties.

Has anyone else caught any discrepencies on TT vs. other platforms?

My TT state "refund" amount was higher compared to when I filed through my states Tax website (its basically a manual version of turbotax in website form). ie Fill in your w2, fill in box 10, and it'll repopulate based on additions and subtractions of other boxes. I'm not really sure who's right at this point.. $50 is $50 though

Last edited:
People that don't get big refunds usually not in a rush to file

I mean, yeah, I get that. But 4 years? :lol:

Has anyone else caught any discrepencies on TT vs. other platforms?

My TT state "refund" amount was higher compared to when I filed through my states Tax website (its basically a manual version of turbotax in website form). ie Fill in your w2, fill in box 10, and it'll repopulate based on additions and subtractions of other boxes. I'm not really sure who's right at this point.. $50 is $50 though

My state's tax site said I owed, while HR Block got me a refund. Needless to say, I went with HR Block since they have an accuracy guarantee. The state site is janky as hell though...mad glitches and looks like it was designed in the 80's.

one of my 1099 was incorrect and i got a corrected form. is it fairly easy to amend your tax return after it's been filed and i paid what i owed?
if i'm correct you can efile the amended return, right?

one of my 1099 was incorrect and i got a corrected form. is it fairly easy to amend your tax return after it's been filed and i paid what i owed?
if i'm correct you can efile the amended return, right?
You cannot efile amended returns.

TT is asking for a disclosure consent form for Tax Identity restoration protection service..should I sign for this?

Back
Top Bottom