Official Tax Season Thread? vol Splash Out m8

wealth.gif

Hey yall had to ask this
I saw this yesterday

I sold like maybe $3-4k worth of stuff on StockX last year, maybe 15-20 transactions

Does this mean I don’t have to show the irs the sales when I file taxes this month ?
Irs articles be so damn confusing
Stockx should send you the 1099k form of all the totals. If they don’t just ignore it.

Hey yall had to ask this
I saw this yesterday

I sold like maybe $3-4k worth of stuff on StockX last year, maybe 15-20 transactions

Does this mean I don’t have to show the irs the sales when I file taxes this month ?
Irs articles be so damn confusing

What this means​

This means that for 2023 and prior years, payment apps and online marketplaces are only required to send out Forms 1099-K to taxpayers who receive over $20,000 and have over 200 transactions. For tax year 2024, the IRS plans for a threshold of $5,000 to phase in reporting requirements.

This phased-in approach will allow the agency to review its operational processes to better address taxpayer and stakeholder concerns.

Taxpayers should be aware that while the reporting threshold remains over $20,000 and 200 transactions for 2023, companies could still issue the form for any amount.

It's important to note that the higher threshold does not affect the actual tax law to report income on your tax return. All income, no matter the amount, is taxable unless it's excluded by law whether a Form 1099-K is sent or not.

Sounds like they coming after the little guy, not the large corps like the said when getting all the funding for thousands of new IRS agents. Basturds actually was gonna take it from 20k to $600.

Biden said if you don’t vote for him you ain’t black.

That makes “blacks for trump” impossible dude

I'm obviously kidding I'm not voting for anyone who the klan put on the front page of their paper in support of. I would've paid this much no matter who is in office. I'm in a tax bracket no ones gives a f*** about. Too rich and too poor for any type of breaks. I need to do more with my "corporation".

Last edited:
I'm obviously kidding I'm not voting for anyone who the klan put on the front page of their paper in support of. I would've paid this much no matter who is in office. I'm in a tax bracket no ones gives a f*** about. Too rich and too poor for any type of breaks. I need to do more with my "corporation".

I was joking, I didn’t think you’d be trumped out for taking an L with taxes. :lol:

Trump raised the child tax credit from $1400 to $2000 but at the same time you can’t claim dependents from Canada or Mexico unless they’re directly US citizens or resident aliens. The claiming part might’ve been Obama so even earlier.

Trump raised the child tax credit from $1400 to $2000 but at the same time you can’t claim dependents from Canada or Mexico unless they’re directly US citizens or resident aliens. The claiming part might’ve been Obama so even earlier.

I'm having kids soon, I get the feeling it doesn't make any of this any better in the grand scheme of things, neither does being married lol

that doesnt speak to these new specific reporting requirements, but I see what you are highlighting here. They are actually doing what they said.

The new requirements are dumb which is why the IRS has delayed them for two straight years

There's a chance they never go into effect at all. The $5000 threshold for 2024 makes a lot more sense than $600

Lil puff piece to calm down the proletariat while the real robbery goes on 🥴

Well it's a lot more than they're going to collect from changing the 1099-K threshold :lol:

Anybody file yet and see any significant changes from last year in your return or otherwise?

Seeing some bubbling on TikTok about people not having anything change but their return turned to a “I owe now”

RIP

Anybody file yet and see any significant changes from last year in your return or otherwise?

Seeing some bubbling on TikTok about people not having anything change but their return turned to a “I owe now”

RIP

Well I had to pay like $500 last year and so far it looks like I'm getting $400 back. Trying to find ways to get that number higher

Yall filed yet?

Did mines on the 29th still pending

Feel like I’m waiting on a shipping confirmation 😂😂😂

Back
Top Bottom