Official Thanksgiving 2019 thread

solewoman

Staff member
This year is flying and the best holiday is almost upon us. Can't believe I'm reviewing my menu for Thanksgiving.

Looking at frying a turkey this year. Masterbuilt/Butterball got the fryer game monopolized for sure. I fried a turkey a few years ago and it was the best turkey ever. Went to do it again the next year and the fryer would not work. Turned out to be a common electrical issue with their fryers. Years after I just smoked them on the Traeger. I think I am going to cave in this year and buy another fryer :frown:

Anyhow, what's on yall's menu? any friendsgivings coming up?

My brother told me last week that i’m hosting this year. I don’t want to cook anything.

My family has started to switch it up as the traditional thanksgiving dinner is getting boring. We did a bbq/seafood thing last year. Bbq ribs with grilled lobster tails, shrimp and lobster. No one got iodine poisoning haha. Turned out pretty good.

That sounds good. I’ve been over thanksgiving type food now too.

This year is flying and the best holiday is almost upon us. Can't believe I'm reviewing my menu for Thanksgiving.

Looking at frying a turkey this year. Masterbuilt/Butterball got the fryer game monopolized for sure. I fried a turkey a few years ago and it was the best turkey ever. Went to do it again the next year and the fryer would not work. Turned out to be a common electrical issue with their fryers. Years after I just smoked them on the Traeger. I think I am going to cave in this year and buy another fryer :frown:

Anyhow, what's on yall's menu? any friendsgivings coming up?
Why do you need electricity to fry a bird? I just use a propane tank hooked to a burner.

Last year was my first time having fried turkey. Mannnn that stuff is GOOD:emoji_raised_hands::emoji_raised_hands::emoji_raised_hands:. Will probably do both this year. One in the oven and one in the fryer.

fried turkey is fantastic. my dad used to be the one to fry it up and it was good fun to watch him get excited about it.
it also saddens me a little because this will be the first thanksgiving since he passed but also, this will be the first thanksgiving since my daughter has been born. really hits home that life goes on and it's important to cherish the good times (and take more pics of my fam!)

My brother told me last week that i’m hosting this year.

tenor.gif

My family has started to switch it up as the traditional thanksgiving dinner is getting boring. We did a bbq/seafood thing last year. Bbq ribs with grilled lobster tails, shrimp and lobster. No one got iodine poisoning haha. Turned out pretty good.

that’s a dope idea.

Why do you need electricity to fry a bird? I just use a propane tank hooked to a burner.

I’m too scared to do the traditional route I use the electric fryer

This yr we are going to my parents, and moms is going all out. Prime rib, spiral ham, scalloped potatoes, stuffing, yams, yorkshire pudding. Then for dessert, pumpkin and pecan pie.

Def gonna be leaving with tupperwares full of leftovers. :lol:

Planning my menu now...

bourbon yams
Mac and cheese
Fried turkey
Greens
Rolls
Dressing

that may be it. Starting a tradition that me and my kid make a dessert. He loves watching me and his dad and helping. Last year we did cookies.

I invited my whole family over.

I told them, don’t bring any food.

I’m gonna surprise them with all Vegan food.

Don’t worry y’all, I got hands.

Back
Top Bottom