OFFICIAL THE WIRE THREAD.. ''The game is the game"

I think a lot of you are mistaking street smarts for intelligence.

In my opinion, you need street smarts and book smarts to be intelligent.

Situational awareness I learned from growing up in a cholo and blood infested area made my *** study more; in turn, made me more intelligent. :lol:

But on a serious note...I do believe street smarts plays a role in being intelligent.

Could be a false equivalence in many instances cause a lot of street smart guys are plain stupid, but my circle is an exception.

All knuckle heads growing up, a few jail stints and we're all professionals now.

still irks me that they paint Marlo as a super hero at the end.

He should have gotten smoked...a whole clip to the face.
yea marlo so soft and insecure not sure how he survived one year :lol:

he finally died in everyones minds when he showed up in that tupac movie with dreads lol

Ya'll do realize Slim ended the series on top right?

Also, Slim understood what apparently nobody with the exception of Partlow understood, that Omar was cost of goods sold, not an enemy........ This fact is exemplified most perfectly by the courtroom scene when Bird is on trial. His comment about the lawyer just being the same as him, he just uses a shotgun, while the lawyer has a briefcase.

Slim was also the only person not killed when run up on by Omar, because Slim understood that code meant something, and Omar respected that and knew this. Without regulation Banks/Businesses eat themselves.

Slim also tried to give Bodie advice, and Bodie was killed because he denied it.

Slim was intelligent enough to subdue his pride and be the number 2 guy until his time came, serving both avon and joe.

Last edited:
damn can yall quit with the smart intellectual analyzations
and lets talk about the crazy parts of the show

Definitely can't trust this negro in real life :lol::smh:

tenor.gif

You can break down Slim's character anyway you want but it all just seems to be pointing to why he didn't die like others. That he was street smart, had understanding of the game and its consequences.

Simply put dude was never a main character with a story arc or character arc nor much development. Dude was also pretty good of a motivation or ambition.

There's nothing compelling there Forman argument of him being more intelligent than String.

I've seen it overstated twice now.

Who actually said Stringer had "superior intellect" or was "extraordinarily intelligent"?

:lol: Legit seems that's being exaggerated to then talk about why he's not when he was simply called one of the most intelligent characters on the show, which he was. Problem a lot of yall are considering intelligence as who survived in the end which is a stupid prerequisite.

As for that scene, String was mad and wanted revenge. However, Clay Davis could've easily been got. Son wasn't doing it like that. Avon and Slim just aint want those problems and weren't down given String been acting like he was better than them and they never really understood the business side of things.

:rofl: @ day of the Jackal type *****

Again people mixing up intellect and street instinct :lol:

String slipped up and got himself clipped. No one's denying that.

People seem to be likening the Wire to a Royal Rumble for some reason. IQ goes beyond last man standing s**t.

Midway through Season 3, going have to go with Marlo being the "smartest". From what I remember with how the show ended, he was the best blend of Avon/Stringer in one.

Slim seemed to have no ambition to legitimize or moving up until the opportunity arose.

Back
Top Bottom