Official TMNT thread, return of the classic giant figures

When you cast Meagan Fox as your lead, your movie is in trouble
mean.gif
this man knows....girl is cute but her acting is 

matter of fact, i'd rather have april o'neil play april o'neil.

Last edited:
Erie Reyes is that dude, I remember every kid in the hood thought we were Keno after Ninja Turtles 2. I remember him from Last Dragon though, Johnny's little brother.
When I was in martial classes I used all his interviews and read an interview some where that his father was like a fight choreographer for movies and T.V. and got him most of his early roles. Had him training since he was in diapers.

After Ninja Turtles 2 I wanted to be him though 
laugh.gif

Erie Reyes is that dude, I remember every kid in the hood thought we were Keno after Ninja Turtles 2. I remember him from Last Dragon though, Johnny's little brother.

When I was in martial classes I used all his interviews and read an interview some where that his father was like a fight choreographer for movies and T.V. and got him most of his early roles. Had him training since he was in diapers.

After Ninja Turtles 2 I wanted to be him though :lol: .

His dad was the guy with eye patch in Surf Ninjas and he was one of the dudes he beat up and did a flip off of in The Last Dragon.

ya need to cut it out, the first movies didnt have oscar winning actors or performances, they were fun, dorky movies with dope fight scenes and action, Nolan has spoiled alot of you to believe every movie should follow the dark knight steps, as long as they stay true to the ooze and Bay doesnt turn them into some sort of aliens from out of space like mentioned earlier in the thread, im cool with Megan as April, what type of performance did the original April put up that you guys making it sound like she has some huge shoes to fill?

ya need to cut it out, the first movies didnt have oscar winning actors or performances, they were fun, dorky movies with dope fight scenes and action, Nolan has spoiled alot of you to believe every movie should follow the dark knight steps, as long as they stay true to the ooze and Bay doesnt turn them into some sort of aliens from out of space like mentioned earlier in the thread, im cool with Megan as April, what type of performance did the original April put up that you guys making it sound like she has some huge shoes to fill?
Actually that's what I like about the first movies, that we didn't know the actors. I watched the first movie a few days ago. It was refreshing to see unknown actors. They will forever be set in stone when it comes to the TMNT movies.

Megan Fox as April kind of reminds me of the part in Goldmember with all the big stars playing the characters from the movie. Example, Tom Cruise played Austin Powers(can't post the actual name used lol).

steez, did you read the original tmnt comics?  **** was dope and super dark.  i'd love to see that happen.  i know bay won't do that but still.  i liked the original april because she brought sort of a grounded look at april the comics used.  she wasn't some useless tampon of a damsel in distress the turtles had to save every time like almost every other iteration.  she had guts, tenacity and intelligence but was still caring.  i not saying it was an oscar winning performance but it was pretty good.  

steez, did you read the original tmnt comics?  **** was dope and super dark.  i'd love to see that happen.  i know bay won't do that but still.  i liked the original april because she brought sort of a grounded look at april the comics used.  she wasn't some useless tampon of a damsel in distress the turtles had to save every time like almost every other iteration.  she had guts, tenacity and intelligence but was still caring.  i not saying it was an oscar winning performance but it was pretty good.  
Thing is, it didn't have to be a Oscar winning performance to appeal to the intended audience. Just so happen that she did good job.

Answered your own question, chief.
Smanging somebody and hiring as an actress are two totally different things brethren
At least to a tmnt fan who grew up on the cartoons and movies
You basically hire her as eye candy for the general public, but tmnt is a beloved franchise for alot of 80s babies, so this is going to back fire
And yes she is milf, she had a kid by old boy from 90210, you do know what that stands for( directed to the person that rebuttal on a different page)
And the graphic novel was on some gritty NYC ish( which if anybody remembers NYC wasnt "Disneyland" now back then
That's when all the turtles wore red bandanas and Casey jones was a psycho( wonder if they are introducing him)
But being that Michael bay is behind it, there will be alot of jokes,arbitrary explosions and cgi to fast to keep up with lol

You have a few good points. But the original Ninja Turtles were dark and similar to the Dark Knight treatment. It starts off with the Turtles on a killing spree if I remember correctly. Merked a whole gang of kids that were shooting at them. "Purple Dragons".  I was introduced to the Turtles as pizza loving kid turtle cartoons. I didn't read the comic until I was an adult, last year actually. So when I look back in retrospect the first film was true to origin and was able to infuse both canons of the turtles into a nice script.

Meagan Fox as April might work although the April in the comic wasn't sexy. They enhanced her by a large margin in the cartoon. Judith Hoag looks like the original April from the comic. 

The alien plot? I'm still on the fence with supporting it. I mean there was Dimension X but the Turtles were derived by Ooze so them being actual aliens from Dimension X would be stupid and ruin the legacy. 

What you don't hear a lot about is Mousers ...which are the robots in the original comic that tried to kill April creating the turtles first encounter with April.

Last edited:
hollywood cares very little about staying true to comics, IE Iron Man 3. As long as they stay within the lines of the OG films im happy, I want that Raid Redemption style of fighting with the gritty humor of the turtles i loved as a kid, Anyone could play April as far as im concerned....i think Megan will do ok.

btw, this is straight from michael bay

There was that quote saying that we’re making [the Ninja Turtles as] aliens. We’re not. It’s the ooze! It’s from the original source material. These are from the original writers, and I never went out to correct myself in the press. I do listen to the fans and I do want this to be authentic. I think they’re going to be really happy with this movie. When I see the digital stuff, the turtles look great. But I’m getting away from your question. Your question was...

http://news.moviefone.com/2013/04/26/michael-bay-pain-and-gain-interview_n_3163480.html

I'm gonna try find the film crew during my lunch break tomorrow. I heard it's only a few blocks away from where I'm at.

Deadline is reporting that actor William Fichtner (The Dark Knight, "Entourage") has joined the cast of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. His role hasn't been disclosed but is being described as "iconic stature" within the mythology of the series, leading many to believe he will be playing the villainous Shredder.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=104079

Back
Top Bottom