Official: Toys R Us has the Buy 2 get 1

Originally Posted by biff lawson

i need new running partners anyone in NYC down for tomorrow
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
I got you man. Send me a PM

Originally Posted by nycknicks105

So, my experience was a lot different than you guys. So I go to the TRU around the city and im looking to buy Fifa 11, NBA 2k11 and Madden 11. They didnt have NBA or FIFA so I ended up getting red dead and Medal of Honor.

As I buy it, dude forgets to give me a gift receipt. So he voids the transaction and ends up ringing it up again and gives me three separate gift receipts. I end up gettin Read Dead for free and then i find NBA 2k and i replace the madden with the 2k. Now, i end up getting NBA 2k for free like i originally wanted, but when i got home I realized that i didn't get gift receipt for each item. I got one for all three in one gift receipt.

I go to a TRU and then I use the gift receipt that had all three games (NBA, Medal of Honor, Red Dead) and i return MoH and Red Dead. I get the store credit, but as im trying to now get Mafia II and other 2 games, the assistant manager walks up to the counter and just stands there watching. I panic and end up not using the store credit.

I feel so paranoid, that im now thinking of using the store credit to buy medal of honor and red dead and just return everything.
frown.gif
Son I'm sort of in the same boat but I gotta get this figured out...I'll post my dilemma tomorrow when I can and see if NT can help

The return policy @ target is you get store credit up until $75 then it's only exchanges

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

Originally Posted by bredin808

have to work today so i put my goons on the street...today is third day of the sale so they will def begin to take notice of strange occurrences...

on a totally unrelated note managers usually come in there around 12pm...

those managers don't like jokes...

another weird thing i notice that has nothing to do with this thread is that, there is usually a shift switch at 3-3:30pm....

i went to get some stuff in the morning...came back around 4pm there were different people...

i never worked retail so i was just shocked
This dude so intricate with his plans he even got the staff's schedule figured out
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Some Best Buys allow game returns without a receipt, I returned 3 games I bought from Walmart back to best buy.  It will be crazy if one of y'all returned enough games to scoop up a 3D tv
nerd.gif
.  I doubt Best Buy will allow you to return 10+ games without a receipt, though.  You can always try. 

One question, if you ask for gift receipts do the workers give u separate gift receipts? Or have they caught on to the scam already and put all the games on one gift receipt? 
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I got a Macbook out of this last year....So yea, with luck...anything is possible[/color]
im +600 in 2 days from this. my wife works at bestbuy so i just tell her to print me reciepts. i buy from toyrsrus. and then use her reciepts to get cash back at bestbuy.
pimp.gif

looking to cop 2 sony or samsung LED tvs by this time next week

Originally Posted by The Infamous

Originally Posted by JordanDon23

Originally Posted by bredin808

have to work today so i put my goons on the street...today is third day of the sale so they will def begin to take notice of strange occurrences...

on a totally unrelated note managers usually come in there around 12pm...

those managers don't like jokes...

another weird thing i notice that has nothing to do with this thread is that, there is usually a shift switch at 3-3:30pm....

i went to get some stuff in the morning...came back around 4pm there were different people...

i never worked retail so i was just shocked
This dude so intricate with his plans he even got the staff's schedule figured out
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Some Best Buys allow game returns without a receipt, I returned 3 games I bought from Walmart back to best buy.  It will be crazy if one of y'all returned enough games to scoop up a 3D tv
nerd.gif
.  I doubt Best Buy will allow you to return 10+ games without a receipt, though.  You can always try. 

One question, if you ask for gift receipts do the workers give u separate gift receipts? Or have they caught on to the scam already and put all the games on one gift receipt? 
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I got a Macbook out of this last year....So yea, with luck...anything is possible[/color]
im +600 in 2 days from this. my wife works at bestbuy so i just tell her to print me reciepts. i buy from toyrsrus. and then use her reciepts to get cash back at bestbuy.
pimp.gif

looking to cop 2 sony or samsung LED tvs by this time next week
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I dunno why....But thats just screaming to get caught...Cause what is she printing receipts out of the system from (which i hope you dont) [/color]
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by Caliphthegiant

toys r us in the LA area are cleaned out of 2k11, Fifa and madden ...smh

Did you only go to one TRU?

Montebello and Alhambra both had plenty of copies of all three.

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

Originally Posted by Caliphthegiant

toys r us in the LA area are cleaned out of 2k11, Fifa and madden ...smh

Did you only go to one TRU?

Montebello and Alhambra both had plenty of copies of all three.
gotdamn. i was hoping to pick up 2K11/Fifa/MOH, but def not trying to drive all the way out there.

which TRU's are you referring to, Caliph?

Originally Posted by Drunken Cow

Originally Posted by Eranoitckik

Originally Posted by BdeaZy

Originally Posted by jailblazer

worked at 1 toys r us, 2nd one shut me down

oh well here we go again tommorow

what?

Worked at one Toys R Us

Second shut him down

Oh well he will try tomorrow

wink.gif
Any more vague? What work and didnt work?

I went my rounds today, im pretty sure they're gonna start recognizing me by wed/thursday.

step by step process. Intention? Is there more to buying 2 games, and getting 1 free? whassup?

Would someone please PM me if they're willing to let an NBA 2k11(xbox 360) go for a discount, Not working for me in the 818.

did this work for anyone in torrance? (socal) also how long does it take for a gift receipt to activate? if i bought the game at 11 and had a friend come return the 2 for store credit at like 12 would that work?

I got some extra $. I'll try to come up tonight. Sad thing is, I didnt renew my xbox 360 last month because I thought I was done with video games. LOL

So maybe I'm slow or something... are dudes getting one game free and selling it for profit? Or is there a bigger scam at hand? I don't understand all the buying and returning and whatnot... somebody DM the details... (biff, this means you)

Originally Posted by vtotheinay

did this work for anyone in torrance? (socal) also how long does it take for a gift receipt to activate? if i bought the game at 11 and had a friend come return the 2 for store credit at like 12 would that work?
Dude . . . it's a receipt. It's a piece of paper, when has there ever been any sort of receipt that needed to be activated?
roll.gif

Even giftcards and iTunes cards are good to go as soon as you complete the transaction.

Activate
roll.gif
roll.gif

Money87 wrote:
Be careful for gift cards that don't activate for 6 hours. $&@$ up my whole day
^ that was my fault I misread the guy's post earlier it said the gift card didnt activate for 6 hours i thought it said receipt but apparently not all giftcards are good to go on the spot like you said

yah it said right on the bottom "doesnt activate for 6 hours" I was tight but i more than made up for this inconveniecne today

Back
Top Bottom