Official Travis Scott x Jordan Thread ...

Drake, to me, just isn't "cool". He's a dope entertainer, I'll give him that. But when I think stylish, cool, unique...Aubrey is the last person that comes to mind.

His OVO brand is trendy and plain so anything associated with it, Jordan/Nike included, gives off that vibe.

Perfectly summed up 100% right here.

Mediocre how? I think the simplicity is what made them cool. IMO, TS did too much.

The quote above breaks it down perfectly. Simplicity is cool, but how many models are you going to do all white and black shoes with tiny gold accents? He did it for 3 models and 3 unpopular models at that (10s, 12s, 8s). Also, in the past 6 years the sneaker culture has shifted to more slim, simplistic, silhouettes which is why the 1s have boomed in mainstream popularity. You can wear them anytime, anywhere, all ages young or old. Those models Drake did JB collabs with are big *** bulky basketball models. It just didn't work. Of course when they first dropped there was the initial hype because it was a Drake x JB thing.

In general Drake is just not a guy that sets fashion trends or people look to when it comes to style. When he first came out after signing to Wayne? Yes.....but that was only because he was a new artist the industry had never seen before. Whatever he touched at that time became trendy and people followed (CDG Play, Redwing Boots etc). As the years went on and he grew into a superstar folks began to see he just doesn't have "IT" when it comes to style and trends. Even his F&F, P.E. Jordans were mainly weak too. The Kentucky 8s were the only good ones done. The Lil' Wayne vs. Drake tour AJ 3s were wack, those all gold OVO 3s were wack, a few others I can't recall off top.

Drake and his team when it comes to these collabs aren't really immersed when it comes to sneakers and it shows. Travis and his team are and that shows. They picked the right models, colours, etc. Drake doing a Murakami collab didn't look, feel natural. If Travis did one it would make more sense.

Both are superstar artists with access to many resources, brands. One just knows the right stuff to pick out. The other picks it just because.

Felt like fedex was going to jack my pair today. I had two pairs of shoes out for delivery today on two different fedex trucks which was odd. My TS1’s was out for delivery at 11:18am and at 2:06pm it was back at the fedex facility. Called fedex several times and they said it was on the way still which was a lie. Didn’t want to take any chances so I kept on calling them. I was finally able to pick them up before they closed for the day.

upload_2019-5-14_19-49-18.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-5-14_19-49-18.jpeg
    upload_2019-5-14_19-49-18.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 4
Never understood why Nike feels like they need to advertise through the mail. If anything this is giving the consumer more reasons to file a claim

First the swoosh this past holiday season and now the "JUST DO IT" tape :smh:

Next we'll get see thru packaging

Makes you wonder... they are NOT dumb or oblivious in the least. They do this for a reason, and I don’t think it’s marketing.

Perfectly summed up 100% right here.

The quote above breaks it down perfectly. Simplicity is cool, but how many models are you going to do all white and black shoes with tiny gold accents? He did it for 3 models and 3 unpopular models at that (10s, 12s, 8s). Also, in the past 6 years the sneaker culture has shifted to more slim, simplistic, silhouettes which is why the 1s have boomed in mainstream popularity. You can wear them anytime, anywhere, all ages young or old. Those models Drake did JB collabs with are big *** bulky basketball models. It just didn't work. Of course when they first dropped there was the initial hype because it was a Drake x JB thing.

In general Drake is just not a guy that sets fashion trends or people look to when it comes to style. When he first came out after signing to Wayne? Yes.....but that was only because he was a new artist the industry had never seen before. Whatever he touched at that time became trendy and people followed (CDG Play, Redwing Boots etc). As the years went on and he grew into a superstar folks began to see he just doesn't have "IT" when it comes to style and trends. Even his F&F, P.E. Jordans were mainly weak too. The Kentucky 8s were the only good ones done. The Lil' Wayne vs. Drake tour AJ 3s were wack, those all gold OVO 3s were wack, a few others I can't recall off top.

Drake and his team when it comes to these collabs aren't really immersed when it comes to sneakers and it shows. Travis and his team are and that shows. They picked the right models, colours, etc. Drake doing a Murakami collab didn't look, feel natural. If Travis did one it would make more sense.

Both are superstar artists with access to many resources, brands. One just knows the right stuff to pick out. The other picks it just because.

12s are unpopular? In what world lol

He really not jumping on that $680.

I’d be done if my size was that price.

I guess it depends on city....here 12s are sitting.

In big conversations over the years on Twitter when the Top 5 AJ models comes up I rarely see 12s mentioned. It's usually always 1, 3, 4, 11 and whatever wild card for the 5th.

I don’t think there is a 5th at the moment. 1, 3, 4, 11 are the only ones that matter. And really, 1 and 11 are the only ones done right.

The next question will be: where do these TS1 rank on the all time list of 1s and all time list of Collabs..?

Collabs: Frags, Unions, CJ1s

All time they'll be down on the list. Too many classics ahead of them. Just the 2001 run of AJ 1s alone USA and Japan only drops pass them easily.

Collabs: Frags, Unions, CJ1s

All time they'll be down on the list. Too many classics ahead of them. Just the 2001 run of AJ 1s alone USA and Japan only drops pass them easily.

Those 3 collabs can be high on any collab list in general, not just 1s.

Went down to get my tee and saw a Nike box chilling but if wasn’t mine smh. Son doesn’t have to worry about fedex jacking tho. multiple cameras at entry and lobby.

Did OBD announce winners yet? Their site said:

"The deadline to enter the raffle is May 11 at 9:00 AM CMT, and the winners will be contacted on Thursday May 11 exclusively via email with information"

Not sure if they meant Saturday May 11 or Thursday May 16

Did OBD announce winners yet? Their site said:

"The deadline to enter the raffle is May 11 at 9:00 AM CMT, and the winners will be contacted on Thursday May 11 exclusively via email with information"

Not sure if they meant Saturday May 11 or Thursday May 16
nobody has the answers been asking all day lol

Back
Top Bottom