OFFICIAL UA CURRY 1 : CHARGED BY BELIEF. PLAYOFFS RELEASE 5/22 /// MVP'S 6/13

Candy Reign's look good on Notre Dame's feet. :smokin

Loud and Bright, just how i like my hooping shoes.

Steph Curry finally got his own signature shoe.  Under Armour Curry 1.  $120 retail.

Officially unveiled 1/8/15.  First release (Home colorway) and an All-Star colorway set for 2/13/15, All Star Weekend.  Apparel line and accessories also on the way.

Six colorways slated to drop so far.  Thread will be updated with confirmed release dates.

B63VSCkIUAAucj7.jpg:large

TECH:

Credit for the following info to streetinsider.com (full page can be seen here:  http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+...en+Curry's+First+Signature+Shoe/10151109.html)

Charged Cushioning: The ultimate advancement in energy. The new cushioning system absorbs impact and converts it into a responsive burst to give your first step and change of direction unmatched explosiveness.  

Anafoam: After studying a pressure map of the foot to identify where to distribute support, EVA foam and mesh were molded together to anatomically fit essential pressure points.

Additional performance benefits include:
  • An external heel counter that eliminates sliding and keeps your foot locked in place.
  • A midfoot TPU shank underfoot for maximum stability.
  • A multi-directional herringbone outsole delivering superior traction and control.
  • A padded mesh tongue with synthetic suede offering protection and increased breathability.
Each Colorway Tells a Story.  The colors tell their own story about Stephen's life on and off the court. The "Home" and "Away" colorways represent his love for the Bay area, his team and their fans. The Curry One "Home" features a Royal upper with Taxi and White accents. 
  • The "Home" and "Away" colors feature the quote "I CAN DO ALL THINGS" on the inside tongue. The lace loop at the bottom of the tongue has "4:13," representing one of Stephen's favorite Bible verses, Philippians 4:13, that reads: "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." 
  • Lace tips on the "Home and Away" feature respectively the acronym "MMTB" for "Make My Team Better," and "LEAD."
(credit for pics to sneakernews.com)

Home - 2/13/15, All Star Weekend

ua-steph-curry-one-home.jpg

Purple/Yellow - 2/13/15, All-Star Weekend

default.jpg

Away - 3/1/15 (according to UA Head of Footwear)

ua-steph-curry-one-black-yellow-camo.jpg

The Underdog

ua-steph-curry-one-black-red-grey.jpg

MI30

ua-steph-curry-one-black-white.jpg

Father to Son

ua-steph-curry-one-hornets-30-30.jpg

Candy Reign (sour patch kids inspired)

ua-curry-one-candy-rain.jpg

Visit UA.com/CurryOne for launch details.

Steph Curry finally got his own signature shoe.  Under Armour Curry 1.  $120 retail.

Officially unveiled 1/8/15.  First release (Home colorway) and an All-Star colorway set for 2/13/15, All Star Weekend.  Apparel line and accessories also on the way.

Six colorways slated to drop so far.  Thread will be updated with confirmed release dates.

B63VSCkIUAAucj7.jpg:large

TECH:

Credit for the following info to streetinsider.com (full page can be seen here:  http://www.streetinsider.com/Press+...en+Curry's+First+Signature+Shoe/10151109.html)

Charged Cushioning: The ultimate advancement in energy. The new cushioning system absorbs impact and converts it into a responsive burst to give your first step and change of direction unmatched explosiveness.  

Anafoam: After studying a pressure map of the foot to identify where to distribute support, EVA foam and mesh were molded together to anatomically fit essential pressure points.

Additional performance benefits include:
  • An external heel counter that eliminates sliding and keeps your foot locked in place.
  • A midfoot TPU shank underfoot for maximum stability.
  • A multi-directional herringbone outsole delivering superior traction and control.
  • A padded mesh tongue with synthetic suede offering protection and increased breathability.
Each Colorway Tells a Story.  The colors tell their own story about Stephen's life on and off the court. The "Home" and "Away" colorways represent his love for the Bay area, his team and their fans. The Curry One "Home" features a Royal upper with Taxi and White accents. 
  • The "Home" and "Away" colors feature the quote "I CAN DO ALL THINGS" on the inside tongue. The lace loop at the bottom of the tongue has "4:13," representing one of Stephen's favorite Bible verses, Philippians 4:13, that reads: "I can do all things through him who strengthens me." 
  • Lace tips on the "Home and Away" feature respectively the acronym "MMTB" for "Make My Team Better," and "LEAD."
(credit for pics to sneakernews.com)

Home - 2/13/15, All Star Weekend

ua-steph-curry-one-home.jpg

Purple/Yellow - 2/13/15, All-Star Weekend

default.jpg

Away - 3/1/15 (according to UA Head of Footwear)

ua-steph-curry-one-black-yellow-camo.jpg

The Underdog

ua-steph-curry-one-black-red-grey.jpg

MI30

ua-steph-curry-one-black-white.jpg

Father to Son

ua-steph-curry-one-hornets-30-30.jpg

Candy Reign (sour patch kids inspired)

ua-curry-one-candy-rain.jpg

Visit UA.com/CurryOne for launch details.
Charged is like a firmer Boost cushioning so you can skip on getting Boost until new models come out later this year while you play with what you got now.

I would've passed on the Dark Matter had the Underdogs released sooner. It's a love at first sight colorway. One more week!
Funny you brought up boost because I was just going to ask how they compared to the micro g and charged since I just bought the rose 5 boost today (only $75 so I figured I would try them out). Every since the release of the Black Ice I have been a huge UA fan and have only worn them to play ball in. I went from black ice to bloodline to charge bb to anotomix spawn to CFD and now I am getting the Curry One in the Underdog colorway but since my wife was buying the rose 5 and it was buy one get one half off I figured I could try out the boost and see what the hype was about.

kaz109 kaz109 You will like your UAs more. The Boost was good but nothing groundbreaking. The upper and the fit on the Rose were subpar (imo). You got a good deal for them so not bad to pick them up to try for yourself.

Hey guys. I believe it may have been touched on previously but just want to confirm if accurate....the CFD and the Curry have similar ankle support if not a but slight advantage would go to the CFD? In my area, neither shoe is available and I was strongly considering trying a pair out. The ankle support is my major concern. I would have assumed that the curry would have had a firmer support collar considering his ankle issues but I don't want to assume. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

JS"

Hey guys. I believe it may have been touched on previously but just want to confirm if accurate....the CFD and the Curry have similar ankle support if not a but slight advantage would go to the CFD? In my area, neither shoe is available and I was strongly considering trying a pair out. The ankle support is my major concern. I would have assumed that the curry would have had a firmer support collar considering his ankle issues but I don't want to assume. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

JS"
I would say the Curry 1's collar is a bit firmer, but neither to me is extremely stiff and restrictive.  That's one of the advantages of the shoes, they provide support, but don't restrict movement excessively.  Also, Curry wears braces on both ankles, so I don't think the ankle collar matters as much to him compared to someone who doesn't.  Then again, he wears shoes like the Clutchfit highlight.

Bottom line to me:  the fit and support of the CF Drive/Curry 1 overall provides a nice, balanced feel and gives you good feedback on foot strikes.  You got a TON of college players and pros wearing the Drive, Drive Low and Curry 1.  That says a lot.  But if you land in a way that you end up rolling your ankle, the Drive/Curry 1 and pretty much any shoe will not prevent the injury.  Just one of the sad facts of basketball life, like jammed fingers and charlie horses.

I would say the Curry 1's collar is a bit firmer, but neither to me is extremely stiff and restrictive.  That's one of the advantages of the shoes, they provide support, but don't restrict movement excessively.  Also, Curry wears braces on both ankles, so I don't think the ankle collar matters as much to him compared to someone who doesn't.  Then again, he wears shoes like the Clutchfit highlight.

Bottom line to me:  the fit and support of the CF Drive/Curry 1 overall provides a nice, balanced feel and gives you good feedback on foot strikes.  You got a TON of college players and pros wearing the Drive, Drive Low and Curry 1.  That says a lot.  But if you land in a way that you end up rolling your ankle, the Drive/Curry 1 and pretty much any shoe will not prevent the injury.  Just one of the sad facts of basketball life, like jammed fingers and charlie horses.
those are under armour sponsored schools and those are two premier ua models lol. but nba players wearing them is better illustration of your point

those are under armour sponsored schools and those are two premier ua models lol. but nba players wearing them is better illustration of your point

He asked about the CF Drive and Curry 1, which is why I talked about them. I agree though, they are premier UA models and to go even further I'd say premier models on the market period.

Thanks for the replies guys. I don't tape my ankles nor do I wear braces. In my experience the more firm/stiff a shoes collar, the better upper ankle support is...for me. I know the heel cup or counter plays a lot to it and I don't want to get into that because the debate typically doesn't end well as people are very passionate about it lol. Thanks again for the insight.

JS"

I'm going to try to get the Underdog pair this week but I can only do so online. If I wear elite socks and am a 9 on most Nikes, do you guys recommend TTS? It's a snug fit for the Kobe 9 em.

He asked about the CF Drive and Curry 1, which is why I talked about them. I agree though, they are premier UA models and to go even further I'd say premier models on the market period.
I meant that the college kids don't have a choice if they play for a UA sponsore school

I meant that the college kids don't have a choice if they play for a UA sponsore school
I wouldn't be mad at all right now, given that I get to rock a superstar's signature shoe and the fact that it's one of the best performers on the market right now

Yeah I know what you meant, but I don't think that's technically true.  Of course they have to wear a UA shoe if they go to a UA sponsored school.  But here's a parallel.  Not everyone on Kentucky or Duke is wearing the newest Hyperdunk or Lebron 12 or Kobe X or KD VII.  If you take a look at Notre Dame, almost everyone was wearing the Curry 1.

My point to the original person is that the Curry 1 and CF Drive are both excellent overall.  That would be true whether pros/college players were wearing them or not, but the fact that many players at both levels not only wear them, but play well in them, should allay most of our concerns/worries.

I'm going to try to get the Underdog pair this week but I can only do so online. If I wear elite socks and am a 9 on most Nikes, do you guys recommend TTS? It's a snug fit for the Kobe 9 em.
You'd probably be okay with a 9 in the Curry 1 if the Kobe IX EM is snug.  If you are 8.5 in any Nikes, you might want to go that route, but 9 shouldn't be a problem.

The Currys are phenomenal shoes. Wish traction could have been a little better on not ideal court conditions but the charged foam or whatever was solid for the first time taking them out. I could tell near the end of the 2.5 hr window the shoes were getting more soft and adjusting my feet, same with the upper.

Definitely going to keep playing in these, love em so far. The one thing I will say is that I went TTS and my 12, with orthotics, still felt a little roomy. Might double sock to feel real snug, but I didn't have any slippage or sliding within the shoe from heel to toe or anything.

So after playing in my pair for a little bit, I went a half size up from my true 10 to a 10.5 because that's the only size I could find, the only issues I've been having is some pinching from the flex spot in the upper, but I'm assuming that's from the extra material and room that came from going up a size. But the great thing about full length foam cushioning, is that it doesn't matter too much if you go a size up or down, you should still get the most out of your experience.

So after playing in my pair for a little bit, I went a half size up from my true 10 to a 10.5 because that's the only size I could find, the only issues I've been having is some pinching from the flex spot in the upper, but I'm assuming that's from the extra material and room that came from going up a size. But the great thing about full length foam cushioning, is that it doesn't matter too much if you go a size up or down, you should still get the most out of your experience.
Man I can't imagine going up half a size in these.  I went with my smaller size and it's perfect.  TTS would have been a tad too long.  Up half wouldn't work for me.

Back
Top Bottom