OFFICIAL UA CURRY 1 : CHARGED BY BELIEF. PLAYOFFS RELEASE 5/22 /// MVP'S 6/13

I hope you aren't gonna play in them.  I can't imagine going .5 up from TTS in these.

Out of curiosity, why didn't you get them when they were easily available?
I actually do. I did some brief cutting and shooting around and they weren't too bad which I know if different from the rigors of a real game, but I'll let you know what happens. 

I honestly didn't think they'd go that fast, maybe I'm just naive, but I really thought that these were going to sit for a bit. That being said, I'm really glad that UA is moving units and picking up some respect as a performance ball shoe. 

Nice find. Use code 20PERCENT for 20% off. Dope!

Tempted to get a second home pair but I'm gonna chill for another colorway

Saw some underdog pics on eBay. Very nice color way, but I want to see some lows first. I'm not blown away by the SC1 thanks to it's predecessor.

Saw some underdog pics on eBay. Very nice color way, but I want to see some lows first. I'm not blown away by the SC1 thanks to it's predecessor.
Yeah I feel like the ClutchFit Drive set the bar too high for the Curry One. If the Curry One came out first, I feel like everyone people would be praising it and using it as a basis of comparison.

That's not to say the Curry One isn't an excellent shoe, but it seems like it's hard to outdo the CFD. UA is at the top of its game right now!

My thoughts exactly.  More of the same good stuff with the SC1.  I haven't read or heard anything negative about them so far, just like the CF Drives.

But I think we could be living in the glory days of UA basketball at the moment.  I know that sounds crazy considering it's only Curry's first shoe, but if the SC2 is $140 as rumored, then we'll be saying goodbye to that $120-125 price range forever.  I'm sure UA will continue with team shoes, but who knows about the cost.

A price hike for the leagues most popular player is eventually going to happen. But for UA's team shoes, I don't see a huge increase in price because most of them end up on sale. Spawn, torch, etc. The cf drive was the first UA I've seen to not go on sale right away. Probably because of curry

Last edited:
UA could have charged $140 for the SC1, let's be honest.

With the intro of Anafoam and Charged, two "new techs", they could have gone $140 easy.  I'm glad they didn't of course.  I don't think Charged is that different and certainly not better than just plain Micro G.  I do like the Anafoam upper, but the Clutchfit upper is just as good for me.  Now $140 isn't unreasonable for a sig. shoe compared to Adidas and Nike.  That's why I dig UA so much though, because they pretty much gave other companies the finger by saying "$150?  $180?  200?  Here, $120 for our guy's shoe and it plays just as well, if not better.  Eat it."

My take on it is this: if $120 gets you a shoe as near perfect as the SC1/CF Drive, then as a consumer, why pay $140?  I'm speaking rhetorically here because I'm a Curry fan and will probably get the SC2 regardless.  I just hope when it comes out and we play in it, that we don't look back and say the SC1/CF Drives were a better value.

Nike/JB taxing nowadays $200-225 for their best and going up every year. UA, if they keep their prices low, will be the go to for me for future on court kicks. CFD2's, SC2's and maybe Spawn 3's but I will enjoy these SC1's for now.

Last edited:
Nike/JB taxing nowadays $200-225 for their best and going up every year. UA, if they keep their prices low, will be the go to for me for future on court kicks. CFD2's, SC2's and maybe Spawn 3's but I will enjoy these SC1's for now.
you're right. However we don't know if UA's prices stay low. Nike charges more because they know that they can. So if UA becomes more popular, prices might go up too.

Jordan XX line has been steadily increasing by about $10. The AJ2010 was retailed at $170 for not a great shoe. 

Even if UA followed that model, it'd still be under $200 for Curry 7-8, but yeah, love the low entry point, but wouldn't be surprised if they eventually meet the Kobe or KD price point

Pushing the boundaries of the price is a bad idea for UA.

JB can get away with anything because of Jordan.  Six rings, Finals MVP's, blah blah blah.  They have such a loyal cult following that people DIE over Jordan shoes.  Isn't that crazy?  That's the kind of problems we have in the U.S.  Health care and education for all?  No, let's make consumerism so addictive that people will literally kill each other for a pair of sneakers.

Anyway, tangent aside, UA doesn't have that kind of hype yet.  SC1's are still probably widely available in stores, regardless of how fast/slow they sell out online.  People were using bots on Nike.com and maybe still are?  Checking out on UA.com for me is relatively easy.  The site doesn't crash.  I could even go back hours after release time and my sizes are still there.  I kind of like that.

UA going up to $140 for the next SC is a big thing to me.  I don't think it's their most expensive bball shoe yet, but I think it will be their most expensive signature?  I don't think any of B. Jennings' shoes reached that level, but correct me if I'm wrong.  One of the most attractive features of UA bball is the price point.  $120-125 gets you a lot of shoe, figuratively speaking.  As much as I like D Rose and the Rose 5, and KD and his line, I'm waiting for that price to drop.  I don't even think about picking up Kobe "elites" nowadays, and I haven't seriously considered Lebrons since the IV, which was a terrible performance shoe to me.  UA is bound to start flirting with that $150-160 price tag, and I'm sure sales will be directly related to how Curry is doing, but I think sales will still take a hit.  I think a lot of us would just wait or use coupons and it would be enough for me to look at what other companies are putting out first.

Pushing the boundaries of the price is a bad idea for UA.

JB can get away with anything because of Jordan.  Six rings, Finals MVP's, blah blah blah.  They have such a loyal cult following that people DIE over Jordan shoes.  Isn't that crazy?  That's the kind of problems we have in the U.S.  Health care and education for all?  No, let's make consumerism so addictive that people will literally kill each other for a pair of sneakers.

Anyway, tangent aside, UA doesn't have that kind of hype yet.  SC1's are still probably widely available in stores, regardless of how fast/slow they sell out online.  People were using bots on Nike.com and maybe still are?  Checking out on UA.com for me is relatively easy.  The site doesn't crash.  I could even go back hours after release time and my sizes are still there.  I kind of like that.

UA going up to $140 for the next SC is a big thing to me.  I don't think it's their most expensive bball shoe yet, but I think it will be their most expensive signature?  I don't think any of B. Jennings' shoes reached that level, but correct me if I'm wrong.  One of the most attractive features of UA bball is the price point.  $120-125 gets you a lot of shoe, figuratively speaking.  As much as I like D Rose and the Rose 5, and KD and his line, I'm waiting for that price to drop.  I don't even think about picking up Kobe "elites" nowadays, and I haven't seriously considered Lebrons since the IV, which was a terrible performance shoe to me.  UA is bound to start flirting with that $150-160 price tag, and I'm sure sales will be directly related to how Curry is doing, but I think sales will still take a hit.  I think a lot of us would just wait or use coupons and it would be enough for me to look at what other companies are putting out first.

Bottom line is every signature line starts off cheap, once they got a loyal fanbase, the price increases a bit each year bc they know it'll still sell.

For example: Jordan's, Kobe's, Lebron's, KD's.

Curry's have been selling out faster than expected so I wouldn't be surprised at all if UA ups the price on the Curry 2

Last edited:
Yeah, I think that's why we were all so pleasantly surprised the SC1 was $5 less than the Drive.

Played in them again tonight, another 7 games.  Gonna switch back to the Drive next time to get a head to head comparison going.

Any clue as to where in the NYC area the SC1 "away" and/or "underdog" are being sold? Saw some ebay listings and that's where seller is located

Went to Brand House in Soho. Almost nothing in the royal.  Needed size 12, only had 12.5.  Ended up finding them on UA.com 2 days ago. 

Yall might as well hold off for the FinishLine exclusive color.... White based upper, blue/yellow midsole.. speckle/faded midsole....  honestly i like this color this best (not just because its my exclusive)    4/18 launch ... 

-Fresh 

@rodrigofresh  thanks for the info.  does it look like this?

Under-Armour-SC30.jpg

Last edited:
About the price raising id love for them to try it. They would just be shooting themselves in the foot

Adidas went 160 but quickly went back down to earth at 140 the next year

People buy under armour because its more bang for the buck

An alternative from the high priced gimmick filled sig lines of nike

I think
If they do raise the price by 20 to 40 bucks it will benefit the consumer. Shoe will go on sale faster and exclusions will be lifted quicker

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom