OFFICIAL UA CURRY 1 : CHARGED BY BELIEF. PLAYOFFS RELEASE 5/22 /// MVP'S 6/13

I'm just going to admit it.  I copped the pack and I am a sucker.  I don't feel entirely good about my purchase.
I paid $400 for Batmans, only because I was at the Game 6 watch party and those where on the feet of Curry when they won it all, for me has sentimental value.

I'm keeping the Splash parties I don't really like since I don't want to break up the pack.

I'm just going to admit it.  I copped the pack and I am a sucker.  I don't feel entirely good about my purchase.
I paid $400 for Batmans, only because I was at the Game 6 watch party and those where on the feet of Curry when they won it all, for me has sentimental value.

I'm keeping the Splash parties I don't really like since I don't want to break up the pack.
Don't feel bad dude. If I was you I would have paid 400 for that pack too, based on sentimental value. 

I think most people planned on playing basketball in their pairs, so 400 dollars for 2 pairs is a stretch.

Last edited:
Honestly, while $200 a pair compared to $120 a pair was a big jump....$400 for a champ pack is going to look like a bargain compared to what UA sig shoes will retail for in 3-5 years, with the caveat that Under Armour popularity continues to grow. I'm not happy with the price either, but the market is what it is.

Idk how hard this was to purchase relative to other highly-anticipated releases, but I finally successfully purchased a pair (never attempted with a bot). Between the early linkers (I use those links so you can get the affiliate $, sign of my appreciation), the reputable news guys (like FlashSole), and others in between, I have to thank the NT community for providing the knowledge to help me improve my chances.

In hindsight the $400 price probably helped my chances to a degree as well. I like the SP more than the DubNation so this definitely makes up for whiffing on the Dubnation.

my wife.....no, anyone i know would/should disown me if i bought $400 sneakers because someone wore them when they won a championship.....hell, i would be embarrased at myself.

Honestly, while $200 a pair compared to $120 a pair was a big jump....$400 for a champ pack is going to look like a bargain compared to what UA sig shoes will retail for in 3-5 years, with the caveat that Under Armour popularity continues to grow. I'm not happy with the price either, but the market is what it is.

Idk how hard this was to purchase relative to other highly-anticipated releases, but I finally successfully purchased a pair (never attempted with a bot). Between the early linkers (I use those links so you can get the affiliate $, sign of my appreciation), the reputable news guys (like FlashSole), and others in between, I have to thank the NT community for providing the knowledge to help me improve my chances.

In hindsight the $400 price probably helped my chances to a degree as well. I like the SP more than the DubNation so this definitely makes up for whiffing on the Dubnation.

Unless Stephen Curry wins more championships UA can consider this year with shoes as hitting the lottery. The 2's are not a better looking shoe than the 1's, and if the Warriors don't have as good of a season as last year, people are going to be less inclined to pay more for a Curry 2 pack. These were called the "Championship Pack" meaning the first shoes Curry won his championship in. If Curry doesn't win a championship this upcoming season what pack will they sell? His all-star/play-off shoes he wore and price them at $500? Yeah good luck with that.

just based off that i would have bought and got rid of the splash parties with the quickness

but i too slept through the release

had i not i would hve copped. i have no self control recently...

Nobody is disputing the Batman's are a better looking shoe than the Banners. People are saying $120 for Banners beat $400 for Batmans.
Oh yeah, thats the main reason I didnt even try for the pack.

id trade that Sp  solo release for a Batman solo Release

I think overall UA tried to cash out on the overall situation. They know they have Steph Curry - one of the top players in the league right now. I, too, felt like this was overpriced, but as a die hard warriors fan, growing up in the bay area all my life, and seeing my team win was good enough for me to cop. Steph Curry is on trend to be one of the best players during my time and this champ pack represents a piece of history. UA is definitely targeting that one time splurge market with these packs and for the loyal fans that love the warriors and Curry. After reading all these comments on whether it's a good cop or not, it really depends on how you want to view it. Some think they saved their money and some really appreciate the meaning and value of what the champ pack represents.  

Just saying if the white lows (Friends and Family) pair was $200 retail, I'd cop.
I really hope those are dropping on Nov 3rd instead of the SPs since it's already in the champ pack. Doesn't make sense to drop the SPs twice...

I really hope those are dropping on Nov 3rd instead of the SPs since it's already in the champ pack. Doesn't make sense to drop the SPs twice...
While that would be nice. Earliest we'd see 'Friends and Family' is 2016, if at all. 

maybe UA wanted to remove the chrome heel cups to distinguish from the reps 
roll.gif

http://www.currysplashparty.com/under-armour-curry-one-splash-party-birthday-p-1420.html

just received my box.. have to admit...both pairs are really sick in person. batmans are crazy! Hopefully someone wants to split the pack and sell the batmans haha! gotta double up on these (I'm a size 9.5 just in case any of you are willing to sell~) :D

So did anybody notice the pics on UAs site for the separate SP product page that the heel cup changed from chrome to metallic silver now?

Just picked mine up and honestly I like them. Maybe it's just because it has special meaning to me (Warriors, Bay Area) but regardless of that I'm happy I copped. I didn't want them at first either, but ended up pulling the trigger that morning lol

Back
Top Bottom