OFFICIAL - UEFA EURO 2008 TOURNAMENT

Could get real interesting here at the end!

Podolski
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Really, I'm tired of players flopping in any sort of conflict...Like dude went down like he got shot and Bastian only pushed him in the chest. Oh well,this hurts because Bastian has been playing well, and would have been important against Austria.

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Really, I'm tired of players flopping in any sort of conflict...Like dude went down like he got shot and Bastian only pushed him in the chest. Oh well, this hurts because Bastian has been playing well, and would have been important against Austria.

yeah, it's one of those things you can't do though.. you throw your hands at somebody like that, even if you miss or barely nudge them, you'regoing to get in some trouble. it was completely a retaliation thing, which makes it worse, too.. the second guy is always the one who gets caught in thosesituations.

Id like to support my new favorite players - do they make authentic "kits", the same exact ones worn on the field? Are the $80 ones on worldsoccershop.com the real deal? Thanks
http://www.subsidesports.com/uk/store/index.jsp?curid=2&

Subside is probably the best place to look. Tons of stuff, good prices, and a massive sale section. A bit of advice, If you're looking at picking up a clubteams' shirt, wait a couple months as a lot of clubs are in the process of geting new kits. But if you're going for a national team kit go for it.

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

Really, I'm tired of players flopping in any sort of conflict...Like dude went down like he got shot and Bastian only pushed him in the chest. Oh well, this hurts because Bastian has been playing well, and would have been important against Austria.

yeah, it's one of those things you can't do though.. you throw your hands at somebody like that, even if you miss or barely nudge them, you're going to get in some trouble. it was completely a retaliation thing, which makes it worse, too.. the second guy is always the one who gets caught in those situations.

Absolutely. I mean you cannot do that, but it's just perplexing how a grown man gets pushed in the chest, and falls down clutching his head and face,writhing on the ground in agony. It is a common occurrence, and I feel that FIFA should step in and start giving cards for players faking injury severity. Thebeautiful game should not be marred by such clown-like behavior.

It's bad enough that in the run of play someone gets "fouled" on their ankle and falls down grabbing their face/arm/leg and screaming inagony. But when it's an actual incident like say a shove or something, it is just that much more obvious that a grown as$ man could not be hurt so badly bya shove...
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Craftsy21

yeah, it's one of those things you can't do though.. you throw your hands at somebody like that, even if you miss or barely nudge them, you're going to get in some trouble. it was completely a retaliation thing, which makes it worse, too.. the second guy is always the one who gets caught in those situations.

Absolutely. I mean you cannot do that, but it's just perplexing how a grown man gets pushed in the chest, and falls down clutching his head and face, writhing on the ground in agony. It is a common occurrence, and I feel that FIFA should step in and start giving cards for players faking injury severity. The beautiful game should not be marred by such clown-like behavior.

It's bad enough that in the run of play someone gets "fouled" on their ankle and falls down grabbing their face/arm/leg and screaming in agony. But when it's an actual incident like say a shove or something, it is just that much more obvious that a grown as$ man could not be hurt so badly by a shove...
tired.gif

i agree - but in today's game, you either follow suit and play the fake it game, or you don't get rewarded the way other teams do. It'sdefinitely on Fifa to make a change there, i LOVE anytime i see a yellow come out for people flopping, wish they'd do more of that.

Croatia thoroughly outplayed Germany, it was the worst I've seen Germany play since Euro 2004. Ballack was completely useless today, Klose never got anyservice, Lehmann was his usual bummy self.

Luckily for Germany their next match is against Austria.

As it stands right now, it'll be Portugal vs. Germany in the QFs.

Yea, no excuses Croatia took it to us today and deserved to win. Germany played extremely poorly. I'd like to see Austria win here today, then Germany todefeat them in the next game to advance.

To me it doesn't matter what round you play teams in. Sure it would make it easier to win the group and avoid Portugal until the semis (if we can make it),but you gotta beat good teams eventually to win a tournament like this, so I say bring on whoever. Worry about advancing, and play whoever you are matched upwith.

If we play Portugal in the quarters, hopefully they will get some flashbacks to the 3rd place game in WC 06
pimp.gif

But again, there should be nothing taken for granted, Germany just need to make sure of advancing, and to do so they need to play far better than they didtoday.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Croatia thoroughly outplayed Germany, it was the worst I've seen Germany play since Euro 2004. Ballack was completely useless today, Klose never got any service, Lehmann was his usual bummy self.

tired.gif
tired.gif
@ Ballack for not controlling the midfield whatsoever. Bad touches, slow torelease, no service. He better find where his A-game is. Lehmann got unlucky on that second goal with the ricochet off of his player (Podolski?), it messedup his angle. Nonetheless, he still makes so many mistakes. Where is the Ghost of Khan when you need him?

JensLehmannOliverKhanITV.jpg

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

Alright, you are right, there are probably 8 definitive, undeniable teams that are better than Czech Rep. Look at what Carlos Tevez (from NT) said,
I'm on the side that says the Czech Republic are over-rated. Their defense is absolutely atrocious, if they didnt have arguably the best keeper in the world, they'd easily allow atleast 2 goals every match. Switzerland had their chances against the Czechs on Saturday but Cech was great as usual. Remember that match vs. Ghana in 06? If Cech wasn't in net, that game would've marked the end of Czech football
laugh.gif

Argentina, Brazil, Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Holland, Portugal are the top 8 teams in the world, after that it's a complete toss-up.
That is about the best you can sum it up. After #8, it is a huge toss up, there is a LARGE gap in team talent. But, that said, anyone could win anytime.

I think the Croatians def. fit into that group, esp. if you include Eduardo.

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

Croatia thoroughly outplayed Germany, it was the worst I've seen Germany play since Euro 2004. Ballack was completely useless today, Klose never got any service, Lehmann was his usual bummy self.

I've always found Ballack severely overrated. He takes far too many shots (considering 1 out of every 20 is on goal), insists on taking free kicks,etc.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

I think the Croatians def. fit into that group, esp. if you include Eduardo.

I've always found Ballack severely overrated. He takes far too many shots (considering 1 out of every 20 is on goal), insists on taking free kicks, etc.

1) I know there is a tendency to look only at the last game...but Croatia looked TERRIBLE against Austria. Being generous to them, they should have beenplayed to a draw in that match. They played well today against Germany, and are a tough team, but don't get them confused with any of the consistent powersin Europe please.

2)
indifferent.gif
Come on my man, there is no debate that Ballack is one ofthe top two-way Midfielders in international and club futbol. To call him overrated is an admission of a lack of knowledge about this sport.

Omg my fellow Poles are playing horribly. Luckily our goalie Boruc is a beast. We should be down 2 nil.

Edit should be 3-0 Austria

Austria is so weak. Damn.

LOL @ Croatia being in the same likes as the teams mentioned. They're good, they used to be way better, but they're not on the same level as those top8 teams.

Back
Top Bottom