OFFICIAL - UEFA EURO 2008 TOURNAMENT

I swear for the last 9 months I've been screaming "GET MALOUDA OFF THE PITCH!" and no one ever seems to *@!#@@% listen.

Ok I have never been a huge Soccer/football fan, as there was no teams in the area i grew up in. But I always have caught the World Cup and lately have beenwatching the UEFA Euro and the matches last month. One question I have for those that pay more attention to the sport is why has it not took off more inAmerica. The only thing that I can think of is that it does not have a lot of commercial appeal in America. They play 45 minute halves without commercials,unlike basketball, football, baseball, etc. To me soccer is one of the most entertaining sports especially when you see a country come together and dressed inone color waving flags, scarfs, etc.

^ I think part of it is that soccer requires a longer attention span, and a knowledge of the game to apperciate. It can be a difficult sport to just jump intoand enjoy. When you have a game that is 85 minutes of missed chances and suspense, and 5 minutes of converted chances and action, you lost a lot of americansports fans, who are used to the immediate gratification of football and basketball etc.

That, combined with the fact that our country is never a contender for anything major i think is part of the reason it hasnt caught on here. Its funny too,because its far and away the most popular sport for kids to play when they are young.

Chances are there.. props to Govou so far.

Maka was practically in front of Sneijder on that FK lol.

Textbook Counter Attack.. 2-0

Did you see v.Nistelrooy keep it in bounds?!

OMGGGGG @ that play by Ruud...
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

no doubt, its a shame people think hes just a poacher.

Meanwhile, VdS with his Dikembe Mutumbo impression

props to Boulahrouz.. he has been immense, both games.

2-1! Thierry Henry, nice cross from Sagnol.

Nice shot but a keeper like Buffon or Boruc from Poland or probably VdS would have saved that.

Ok again a brilliant touch by Henry, I didn't even see him touch the ball til the replay then the Dutch come right back with another great goal.

honestly i wish the french would step up... but at this point the netherlands deserves this game and i can see them going far in tourney... they certainly playexciting soccer... putting on robben and van persie instead of any defenders appears to have been a stroke of genius

damn near 4-1. this game cannot end any sooner.

gotta pray for a france win and romania draw/loss on tuesday i guess.

This is terrible. France has played like complete garbage today. Holland definetely deserves to win this, they have played outstanding.

As for Italy, they played well, but Romania held their own and now France vs Italy, whoever wants to keep going must win, should be 1 dirty game.

Back
Top Bottom