OFFICIAL - UEFA EURO 2008 TOURNAMENT

Tough one there at the end...good match for Sweden, Spain were great in spurts, but also poor in others. If Puyol is out for an extended period of time Spainwill struggle to advance deep in this tourney.

While Villa did a marvelous job poaching that last second goal, he was crap the entire match. I do not see him being a great goal scorer if he moves to thePremier League...

Originally Posted by EFIL 4 REKAL

<3 <3 <3 DAVID VILLA <3 <3 <3

COME TO ARSENAL, MY SON

FIXED!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GORDON GARTRELLE

Spanish has actually very little to do with football,
You're the same person who said Michael Ballack was severely overrated and Croatia was in the top 8 worldwide. Nothing else needs to be said.

Spain should be comfortable playing against Sweden today though the Swedes do tend to play a more physical and technical game with the longball and can easily strike when least expected. Hopefully Puyols has a better game. Also, I still can't get over Raul being left out, but then again Aragones pulled the plug on Torres prematurely in the previous game. Some of this particular coach's decisions are leaving a lot of people scratching their heads at times. Torres should be a bigger presence this time around.

edit: I'm sick of arguing. I still think Ballack's reputation is being held up by how he played 2-3 years ago.

My team has lost like that before in a regional tourney finals. Goal in stoppage time, whistle immediately after kickoff. Probably one of the most depressingfeelings ever.
I don't envy the Sweden having to play Holland the way they are going. But Holland is my team so.......
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Smokey1212

My team has lost like that before in a regional tourney finals. Goal in stoppage time, whistle immediately after kickoff. Probably one of the most depressing feelings ever.
I don't envy the Sweden having to play Holland the way they are going. But Holland is my team so.......
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

At least you didn't score an own goal for no reason, word to Riise.

Originally Posted by Krisp Kicks

Tough one there at the end...good match for Sweden, Spain were great in spurts, but also poor in others. If Puyol is out for an extended period of time Spain will struggle to advance deep in this tourney.

While Villa did a marvelous job poaching that last second goal, he was crap the entire match. I do not see him being a great goal scorer if he moves to the Premier League...

laugh.gif
How many poachers can put that touch on the ball and tuck it past the keeper. Every striker needs service and he got none today, he was immediately crowded by 2 and 3 defenders, had no one in support. Theyjust ran into a brick wall today and it will likely happen again in the knockout rounds. Villa is a world class finisher, no doubt he would score20+ in the prem for a top club. I've seen rubbish strikers notch 15-20 goals in the prem (see: Darren Bent).

That was sick. Good job by the Russian player to flip that ball back infront of the net.

Spain deserved to win, Sweden showed up for only 15 minutes today, between the 30-45 min mark.

That should've been a penalty in the 45th minute when Elmander bulldozed the Spanish attacker, the ref was a douche to both teams the entire match,hopefully we dont see him again in the knockout phase.

Tough one there at the end...good match for Sweden, Spain were great in spurts, but also poor in others. If Puyol is out for an extended period of time Spain will struggle to advance deep in this tourney.

While Villa did a marvelous job poaching that last second goal, he was crap the entire match. I do not see him being a great goal scorer if he moves to the Premier League...

laugh.gif
How many poachers can put that touch on the ball and tuck it past the keeper. Every striker needs service and he got none today, he was immediately crowded by 2 and 3 defenders, had no one in support. They just ran into a brick wall today and it will likely happen again in the knockout rounds. Villa is a world class finisher, no doubt he would score 20+ in the prem for a top club. I've seen rubbish strikers notch 15-20 goals in the prem (see: Darren Bent).
He's a good player, I'm not trying to deny that. But he was poor all match, not getting in position to create chances, and his touchwasn't special except on that goal. Truth be told that goal was as much a mistake on Nilsson for not getting the ball out. But clearly it was a nice job ofVilla to pounce on the mistake, thats why I called it a "marvelous job"
tongue.gif

Villa can be a decent support striker in the Premier League if he has someone like Torres who draws all the attention to him. He does benefit from playingwith, in my opinion, one of the top 3 creative/attacking mid-fields in this tourney along with Holland and Portugal, and playing with one of the best strikersin the world (Torres). Villa is good, but I don't see him being a top goalscorer with those physical defenses in the Premier League every match. Just myopinion though, so maybe he will prove me wrong.

laugh.gif
How many poachers can put that touch on the ball and tuck it past the keeper. Every striker needs service and he got none today, he was immediately crowded by 2 and 3 defenders, had no one in support. They just ran into a brick wall today and it will likely happen again in the knockout rounds. Villa is a world class finisher, no doubt he would score 20+ in the prem for a top club. I've seen rubbish strikers notch 15-20 goals in the prem (see: Darren Bent).
He's a good player, I'm not trying to deny that. But he was poor all match, not getting in position to create chances, and his touch wasn't special except on that goal. Truth be told that goal was as much a mistake on Nilsson for not getting the ball out. But clearly it was a nice job of Villa to pounce on the mistake, thats why I called it a "marvelous job"
tongue.gif

Villa can be a decent support striker in the Premier League if he has someone like Torres who draws all the attention to him. He does benefit from playing with, in my opinion, one of the top 3 creative/attacking mid-fields in this tourney along with Holland and Portugal, and playing with one of the best strikers in the world (Torres). Villa is good, but I don't see him being a top goalscorer with those physical defenses in the Premier League every match. Just my opinion though, so maybe he will prove me wrong.

I think it was Hansson that failed to clear it once it was in the box. I def. agree that Villa needs a player like Torres to really succeed. If any clubcan manage to get both of them together, everyone else is screwed.

I felt bad for Isaksson though. I feel he's one of the better keepers in the world.

Originally Posted by PlatinumFunk

My team has lost like that before in a regional tourney finals. Goal in stoppage time, whistle immediately after kickoff. Probably one of the most depressing feelings ever.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

086riiseDM_468x322.jpg

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

I didn't know you were a liverpool fan, that wasn't meant to be a jab
laugh.gif

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

086riiseDM_468x322.jpg

frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif
ohwell.gif

unecessary. im still feeling that.
frown.gif
frown.gif
indifferent.gif
mad.gif

What happens today if the Czechs and Turks tie? They have the exact same stats in every category... Penalties right?

Yeah Switzerland is already out, Turkey or Czech MUST win. If it's tied after 90 minutes it goes to extra time then PK's. I like both teams, butI'm going for Turkey.

It actually doesn't go to extra time, if it's tied after 90, straight to PK's. It's the new rule implemented in this Euro for the group stage.

Wow, I never knew about this PK rule. What happens in the World Cup if two teams are tied for 2nd at the end of the group stage with the same statistics?

I'm not positive if it's the rule for all Fifa competitions, or just for the this UEFA tourney. Anyone else know for certain what the deal is?

Back
Top Bottom