Official Umar Johnson Thread

Calm down bro. Just asking if there was any legitimacy to it. I’m not one to post facebook memes and pass them off as facts. Which is why I asked.

my bad, not really talking about you. Mainly about the person who posted it.

Last edited:
when are black people gonna start asking their money back from churches that they have blindly given over the years.

they attacking a brother for trying to instill black Pan-Africanism instead.

1610497_img_20140805_095613_jpeg48424f283d5d3604d400ebb41f4deed5

The same reason people keep giving to churches scamming them is the same reason you keep defending the scammer. You fell in love with the idea Umar sold you of himself.

The same reason people keep giving to churches scamming them is the same reason you keep defending the scammer. You fell in love with the idea Umar sold you of himself.

alright we get it. you hate Umar you can go away now

like when the dust settles and something happen with this school. I wonder what you haters will complain about.

Nah fam, we here now.
Tell me what's the difference between you defending Umar and people defending their preacher?

Since you asked, the difference is what Umar is preaching (black solidarity, being independent and self sufficient) is what will save black people, not Christianity.

So I defend him because he is preaching things that actually make sense.

Does this answer suffice?

Since you asked, the difference is what Umar is preaching (black solidarity, being independent and self sufficient) is what will save black people, not Christianity.

So I defend him because he is preaching things that actually make sense.

Does this answer suffice?

There's not much of a difference in what he's preaching. There's plenty of Christian churches and preachers who also preach black solidarity. Does a preachers past and reputation change how you view them?

Let's remove the $400k out of the equation, Umar has been caught in a few lies, do those lies and the proof thereof change the way you view him, or is the fact that there's some truth and uplifting things being said that outweighs it all?

There's not much of a difference in what he's preaching. There's plenty of Christian churches and preachers who also preach black solidarity. Does a preachers past and reputation change how you view them?

Let's remove the $400k out of the equation, Umar has been caught in a few lies, do those lies and the proof thereof change the way you view him, or is the fact that there's some truth and uplifting things being said that outweighs it all?

Let’s generalize the role of “the church” and black folks. It was originally meant as a tool to help pacifify enslaved Africans. Nothing more; nothing less. Even today they preach salvation in the afterlife when we should be trying to fix our problems here currently on Earth. Our oppressors have their heaven here right now, but we gotta wait until we die?

As for Umar, we all know he isn’t perfect. The guys literally speaks for a living, he is bound to say some lil fibs here and there. What is important is the bigger picture to what he is saying. Simple

I don’t care for Umar that much, I care about his message and to me he is the staunchest public personality of Pan-Africanism I know, henforth I don’t care about the petty little things because the big picture is way more important .

Let’s generalize the role of “the church” and black folks. It was originally meant as a tool to help pacifify enslaved Africans. Nothing more; nothing less. Even today they preach salvation in the afterlife when we should be trying to fix our problems here currently on Earth. Our oppressors have their heaven here right now, but we gotta wait until we die?

As for Umar, we all know he isn’t perfect. The guys literally speaks for a living, he is bound to say some lil fibs here and there. What is important is the bigger picture to what he is saying. Simple

I don’t care for Umar that much, I care about his message and to me he is the staunchest public personality of Pan-Africanism I know, henforth I don’t care about the petty little things because the big picture is way more important .

You can generalize church if you want, but that's how you end up making misguided assumptions. Christianity does not preach the reward is only in heaven. Christianity wasn't originally meant for slaves, but that's a conversation I'll pass at having online.

A "few fibs" sounds small in practice but as outlined before he's based pretty big points on false information, very similar to Trump by the way. You can admit he's not perfect but choose not to hold him to a high level of expectations because he basically promises that it'll all work out because of black solidarity? It reads off that you'll allow a lot of bull from people like Umar just because they seem to stand for the same thing you stand for.

Sounds a lot like the white people who "aren't racist" but support Trump because he has similar values as they do. You can ignore all the lying, scamming, and pettiness because he somehow represents your desires. Screw who gets screwed just long as black solidarity is the end result?

Yea, I appreciate ya time. I see now that you don't have the integrity to hold Umar to the flame. You'd let a man steal from your brother just as long as his song and dance entertain you. You hell

Young man iamdef iamdef as I said, he asked for donations for a school and it hasn’t come to fruition as yet.

If you’re hung up over that, and not what he is talking about then I don’t know what to tell you.

Take care of yourself and goodbye forever

Gon tell me goodbye forever like one of us is getting on a plane, man relax

This actually came up on my newsfeed just now. Any truth to this?
A4DCD006-B7BD-4B24-A71C-4F09B68989E3.png

0DD786C9-A340-4D88-805D-01080CD54506.png

I'm of the understanding that he's retiring from public speaking in order to focus on the school. It's not like he's running to another country with people's money (yet)

I still find it odd that he's retiring from public speaking to focus on the school when he hasn't provided as much as a business plan, location, etc. So what exactly is he gonna do all day? Also, by not public speaking people no longer have a forum to ask him what he's doing with people's money, ask about progress with the school, etc.

I'm of the understanding that he's retiring from public speaking in order to focus on the school. It's not like he's running to another country with people's money (yet)

I still find it odd that he's retiring from public speaking to focus on the school when he hasn't provided as much as a business plan, location, etc. So what exactly is he gonna do all day? Also, by not public speaking people no longer have a forum to ask him what he's doing with people's money, ask about progress with the school, etc.

I feel sorry for you.

Are you into Pan-Africanism? Uplifting the black community? Why are you so petty?

How can you say you don’t really care for umar but spend 2 months telling us why it’s okay for him to be untruthful?

How can you say you support him because he’s the best public supporter/teacher but you’re okay with the public face of pan africanism to be a fake intellectual? Basing alot of his points on lies, pseudoscience and
Pseudohistory.

That all sounds inherently contradictory to me. Like I said before, you don’t have to have you panafricansim served to you with a side of misinformation and hidden agendas. Umar Johnson isn’t the gatekeeper to some secret knowledge. Umar could have never existed and I’d still feel how I feel about uplifting the black community

I feel sorry for you.

Are you into Pan-Africanism? Uplifting the black community? Why are you so petty?

I'm all about pan-africanism. I was born in Liberia in my family emigrated here to America when I was a kid. Honestly, I don't disagree with everything dr. Johnson says. I completely agree with him about the need to support black-owned businesses and the black community having their own banks, hospitals, etc. I also agree with his criticisms of the black church and them not doing enough in some cases.

With that said, I know a self-promoter and huckster when I see one. He is such a gifted orator that many of his followers will gladly come out of their pockets to support any cause that he points his efforts towards. I don't believe he's working in good faith regarding the school. I think he's using the school as a reason to pilfer hundreds of thousands of dollars from his supporters. I don't think he ever had any intention of ever opening the school at any point.

IdI respect him a lot more if he were upfront with fundraising campaign and just said "hey, I need money to take care of my living expenses, travel, etc. so I can promote my message"

Back
Top Bottom