Change dont come from the top B.

Never has. Never will.

Be the change you want to see.

Simple.

Aint nobody giving us nothing.

Power condedes nothing w/o demand.

The question is:

What are YOU gonna do?

Never asked that or said that. I said black people have been in the same position before and after Obama. That’s a fact! You’re just proving my point.

Never asked that or said that. I said black people have been in the same position before and after Obama. That’s a fact! You’re just proving my point.

Aint our fault you dont know how the US Government works.

Your beef should be with Mitch McConnell and the Republicans not President Obama.

Also - all government is local.

Your local government has exponentially more impact on your life than the feds.

Finally: Presidents are not elected to grant wishes.

Aint our fault you dont know how the US Government works.

Your beef should be with Mitch McConnell and the Republicans not President Obama.

Also - all government is local.

Your local government has exponentially more impact on your life than the feds.

Finally: Presidents are not elected to grant wishes.

Show where I said anything about how the government works.

I like and respect both Obama and Umar.

Never look towards one man as a savior, look at them as inspirations.

I respect Umar for being the most public man of Pan-African values and black love.

I respect Obama for being the first black President, marrying a black *** woman and being a decent role model. Yes, his policies weren’t perfect and he helped another community (lgbt) more than the black but I wasn’t expecting much from him.

A lot of y’all in here to tear down these brothers but y’all not giving me alternatives to who should be praised and respected

never heard of them, but thanks

you start seeing names like theirs more often when you start looking past how empowering words make you feel and want to know how to put things into action. If you’re black and in the activism,empowerment, conscious, political Space, youve been on the Karen Hunter show. Umar a Johnson included, although I can’t find the audio.

Surprising he hasn’t been back on though considering she runs the biggest black channel on SiriusXM, but kinda not surprising since she’d giving him the toughest interview of his life guaranteed.

Last edited:
you start seeing names like theirs more often when you start looking past how empowering words make you feel and want to know how to put things into action. If you’re black and in the activism,empowerment, conscious, political Space, youve been on the Karen Hunter show. Umar a Johnson included, although I can’t find the audio.

Surprising he hasn’t been back on though considering she runs the biggest black channel on SiriusXM, but kinda not surprising since she’d giving him the toughest interview of his life guaranteed.

Dont forget Radio Hall of Famer "The Black Eagle" Joe Madison...he's a legend! Been active since before we were born...

search Umar on YouTube and what pops up are his big breakfast club interviews inspiring a lot of black folks to black consciousness. Millions of views
yet these little haters spending their time to “expose” Umar. “Omg where is the school” or “he is a dead beat dad” and they got 3k views lol.

petty little people who hate black consciousness.

why try to derail the bigger picture of progress with our people by bringing up petty issues?

Not every black man is a black man for his people, I’ve learned that a long time ago.

just out of curiosity. If these things proved true. And they’re antithetical to everything Umar preaches, would you still support him specifically?

I’m not really here to support Umar, just more the movement. The one speech he gave and I went to I was so refreshing to see so many other people like me who want to see the conditions of black people changing. The school thing isn’t that important to me because I don’t have children (it’s not like I’m sending my child to that school) and I know he got some beef with his baby momma. That 2 issues are minuscule to me.

I mess with Umar because he’s the most public figure in the movement. The movement is bigger to me than him.

him doing unethical things (we all do unethical things to a certain degree) doesnt deter me from the message. Let’s say he was married to a white woman or he is partnered with a white bank then those are grounds for dismissal because it’s the opposite of Pan-African and black consciousness. Having baby momma issues isn’t one of them.

as for the donations, the man needs support from people to travel and do these Speaking engagements and to eat. You people have to realize people are not donating to have specifically a school open but instead to support the whole movement. As long as he keeps doing what he is doing and push the movement forward we aren’t sitting here watching the clock like “omg where is the school”.

I look at it like this, if a homeless person comes up to you and ask can I have a donation. You give it from your heart. Now if he uses it to buy crack or if he buys a meal whatever, that’s besides the point. YOU choose to give it because you wanted to help. Hopefully he buys food but if he buys crack you’re not gonna get upset and ask for a refund right?

A lot of the haters and raccoons are watching me donate $1 to a homeless person and following the homeless person to make sure he buys food instead of crack. Why is it your business? Why does it concern you so much? It wasn’t an invoice for an actual product, it was a DONATION.

I hope that little analogy makes sense

that’s why it’s crazy to a lot of us within the movement that there are people who are witch-hunting against him. The people who donated aren’t complaining, it’s the people who don’t like the movement that’s complaining.

the school isn’t going to affect 99% of us that donated. We donated to help push the movement forward and we like the brothers message.

Last edited:
I love Dr Umars message and have been listening to the brother since he got on the scene in the early 2010s but my question is for Pan-Africanism, where's the financial institution's to help renovate the school and initially purchase? Pan-Africanism has no economical infrastructure and is not beneficial at the moment, like I believe it once was when Garvey started it.

I love Dr Umars message and have been listening to the brother since he got on the scene in the early 2010s but my question is for Pan-Africanism, where's the financial institution's to help renovate the school and initially purchase? Pan-Africanism has no economical infrastructure and is not beneficial at the moment, like I believe it once was when Garvey started it.

Pan-Africanism isn’t an institutions like the FBI, it’s more of a feeling or movement to uplift black people all over the world. That’s it.

Not beneficial? Black people everywhere are suffering. Not just America

I’m not really here to support Umar, just more the movement. The one speech he gave and I went to I was so refreshing to see so many other people like me who want to see the conditions of black people changing. The school thing isn’t that important to me because I don’t have children (it’s not like I’m sending my child to that school) and I know he got some beef with his baby momma. That 2 issues are minuscule to me.

I mess with Umar because he’s the most public figure in the movement. The movement is bigger to me than him.

him doing unethical things (we all do unethical things to a certain degree) doesnt deter me from the message. Let’s say he was married to a white woman or he is partnered with a white bank then those are grounds for dismissal because it’s the opposite of Pan-African and black consciousness. Having baby momma issues isn’t one of them.

as for the donations, the man needs support from people to travel and do these Speaking engagements and to eat. You people have to realize people are not donating to have specifically a school open but instead to support the whole movement. As long as he keeps doing what he is doing and push the movement forward we aren’t sitting here watching the clock like “omg where is the school”.

I look at it like this, if a homeless person comes up to you and ask can I have a donation. You give it from your heart. Now if he uses it to buy crack or if he buys a meal whatever, that’s besides the point. YOU choose to give it because you wanted to help. Hopefully he buys food but if he buys crack you’re not gonna get upset and ask for a refund right?

A lot of the haters and raccoons are watching me donate $1 to a homeless person and following the homeless person to make sure he buys food instead of crack. Why is it your business? Why does it concern you so much? It wasn’t an invoice for an actual product, it was a DONATION.

I hope that little analogy makes sense

that’s why it’s crazy to a lot of us within the movement that there are people who are witch-hunting against him. The people who donated aren’t complaining, it’s the people who don’t like the movement that’s complaining.

the school isn’t going to affect 99% of us that donated. We donated to help push the movement forward and we like the brothers message.

Understood. Separate the man from the message. I agree

Pan-Africanism isn’t an institutions like the FBI, it’s more of a feeling or movement to uplift black people all over the world. That’s it.

Here me out, now I appreciate the sentiments of it being a movement and a feeling but don't you think that we are past that? Even in the early stages of Pan-Africanism, the father of the ideology, Marcus Garvey came with financial structure in the beginning launching multiple businesses and putting economics first "without commerce and industry, a people perish economically. The Negro is perishing because he has no economic system"

I think what he means by this is that, while the feelings are good, feelings alone aren’t going to raise black people out of their current positions. What
About infrastructure? Economic, political, academics, and civil infrastructure. That’s what I think he means by institutions. Who’s grooming the black financier class? Who’s grooming politicians with black agendas? Who’s developing black centered policies? We often talk about how other groups like Jews, women, lbgtq, get favored attention at the policy level, but all of those groups start and fund institutions to work On their behalf. What institutions are black people holding accountable to make sure the agenda is known and being followed out?

I’m very much so on board with black consciousness. What I don’t like that is too many of the biggest names in the “consciousness movement”
Are spending all of their time stroking feelings as opposed laying out the actual ground work for economic and political influence for black people wherever they are in this world. And while I know platforms like the breakfast club are great for views and publicity I need to see these people reaching out to audiences that are Actually empowered to do something about it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom