Official Umar Johnson Thread

To me, a white person, that just sounds borderline reverse-racist, to argue Eminem can't be the greatest because he's white and hiphop was initially made by and for black people.
There's tons of valid reasons why Eminem shouldn't even be in the goat conversation. The idea of comparing someone like Kendrick's body of work to that of Eminem and somehow concluding 'yeah Eminem is the goat' is ridiculous.

I would simply argue that he might have the greatest technical skill as a rapper, but most of his catalog is absolute dog****.
Most of his body of work is filled with garbage production and extremely corny and cringeworthy lines that appeal to people who don't like hiphop, edgy teenagers, incels and future schoolshooters.
As I mentioned in the Music TAN:
Eminem's technical skill is up there as possibly the greatest of all time.
His catalog is mostly dog**** though. Some incredible highs with a lottttt of bottom of the barrel lows for future schoolshooters

Last edited:
Define what reverse-racist means Belgium Belgium
Well he's basically saying Eminem can't be considered the best because he is white, rather than looking at the merits (or lack thereof as I argued). That is a blatantly racist way of thinking, and also entirely unnecessary because Eminem shouldn't be anywhere the goat conversation.
Basketball was reportedly invented by a white person, and that is rightfully completely irrelevant in discussing the goats of basketball.

I think any non-white race can make racist statements, but it's not exactly impactful because they can't engage in or contribute to systemic racism. In other words, there is no power component attached to it. I can't envision any circumstance where I would be affected, much less offended, by a racist remark directed at me or my race.
The key distinction is that white people can engage in systemic racism, and a white person being racist automatically contributes to furthering systemic racism.
Just in case systemic racism needs clarification, it refers to the systematic oppression and disadvantages non-whites face in the job market, police treatment, the judicial system overall, .... etc etc.

Edit:
Just for further clarification, I think the ability to engage in systemic racism depends on which group has the most power, which is generally white people but not always.
In India for example, the country's leadership is not white but they engage in the systematic oppression of dark-skinned individuals. Thus, anyone there with racist views of those with darker skin contribute to that system.
Even in that case though, the genesis of India's colorism issue leads back to the Colonial Age. To the surprise of no one, it was of course white colonizers who instituted this mentality in the first place.

Does that answer your question DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican ?

Last edited:
Ep is still behind the paywall? I’m not giving budden 1 cent
I guess im a bit looser with money than I was a decade ago, but to view both episodes, it's 10 bucks. That's 5 hours of content.

I pay 17 bucks a month for hulu and haven't watched 5 hours of content on it in about 5 months.

It was worth the price. Quite easily, in fact.

I don't know if Umar had ever been questioned about being a scammer. And it's not like Budden pressed him on it, but he did at least bring it up and have Umar address it. And Umar's answers were mad convenient but I also think there is SOME truth in his explanation as well.

Beyond that, it's your classic Umar amongst his people kind of interview. Engaging and entertaining. Again, worth the 10 bucks. But if you don't wanna spend any money and don't mind not having the video feed, you can listen to the pod for free through Google. Check the combat jack thread for the post.

"Does Satan exist? "

STOP!

"Does Satan exist? "

STOP!

"Does Satan exist? "

STOP!

"Does Satan exist? "

STOP!

😂😂😂😂😂😂

Man Bigga was in his feelings. :lol: This got heated. :lol:

Last edited:
Dr. Umar is a scammer and also very entertaining and intelligent, you can be two things at once.

His past criticisms:

Frederick Douglas ancestry (odd considering Douglas married a white woman for his 2nd wife)
Kobe (for apparently sleeping with a white woman and marrying a Mexican?)
Telling Blacks not to vote
No school 10 years later
all ludicrous and I could go on tbh..

Despite all this, I love his unconditional love of everything black and it's a message we just don't see enough of tbh, with regards to him Eminem comment even though he argued it terribly. I kind of get what he is saying..there has to be pride to the extent of not even allowing the engagement of our art forms to be co-opted by non-black artists

That being said of course someone could say Em is one of the greats while still upholding this value of black excellence with respect to black music-rap especially, this is where Umar missteps most often imo, simply put while most things-especially in America have a racial aspect, impact and history, not everything has to do with race and race alone

Last edited:
Well he's basically saying Eminem can't be considered the best because he is white, rather than looking at the merits (or lack thereof as I argued). That is a blatantly racist way of thinking, and also entirely unnecessary because Eminem shouldn't be anywhere the goat conversation.
Basketball was reportedly invented by a white person, and that is rightfully completely irrelevant in discussing the goats of basketball.

I think any non-white race can make racist statements, but it's not exactly impactful because they can't engage in or contribute to systemic racism. In other words, there is no power component attached to it. I can't envision any circumstance where I would be affected, much less offended, by a racist remark directed at me or my race.
The key distinction is that white people can engage in systemic racism, and a white person being racist automatically contributes to furthering systemic racism.
Just in case systemic racism needs clarification, it refers to the systematic oppression and disadvantages non-whites face in the job market, police treatment, the judicial system overall, .... etc etc.

Edit:
Just for further clarification, I think the ability to engage in systemic racism depends on which group has the most power, which is generally white people but not always.
In India for example, the country's leadership is not white but they engage in the systematic oppression of dark-skinned individuals. Thus, anyone there with racist views of those with darker skin contribute to that system.
Even in that case though, the genesis of India's colorism issue leads back to the Colonial Age. To the surprise of no one, it was of course white colonizers who instituted this mentality in the first place.

Does that answer your question DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican ?

In general, I have no problem with this line of thinking.

Bigga need to do what Reggie White (former football player) did. Reggie had been preaching to whoever he could reach for DECADES. But when he got in his late 30s and 40s, he started questioning everything he’d ever learned, and realized that he himself, did not have all the answers.

A lot of cats like Bigga be following stuff because they don’t question anything, they just take everything as fact, instead of doing a deep dive. It’s OK to question what you’ve learned or been taught. Bigga doesn’t understand that.

Umar TRIPPING. If it ain’t my moms, kids, or certain women in my family, I’m not sticking my neck out to defend any women.

It’s shameful. Endless stories of these fools putting themselves in other peoples business and getting dealt with. A dude in Walmart near me just got killed because he tried to break up a fight between a dude and a female.

He didn’t even know them people and the dude who was fighting, shot him for trying to break it up.

Allota graves and prisons filled with dudes tryna be captain save a bish :smh:

This happened in my neighborhood. Got killed trying to break up a fight even though his girlfriend told him not to and she said called the cops instead. But he didn’t listen and got killed

:smh::lol:

Nappy Umar Johnson:

"We need to stop telling our women to respect us as men if the word "can't" is in our vocabulary". "Black men need to take responsibility for the development of all Black children".

Ceaser Umar Johnson:

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom