**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Hungover af but well worth it. Thats why soccer is the GOAT sport. So many feels in 95 mins.

Thats dope that Joe Biden stopped by after to congratulate the boys. He seems like such a chill *** dude.

Did Alex Morgan really say "lets go portugal"? :lol: Shes so damn fine though :smh:
Abby Wambach true leader of the WMNT.

Someone tell me Andres Cantor called our game somewhere yesterday...

Last edited:
I'm at work still hungover but wow, what a game. The atmosphere and people there was just :wow: . I can't wait till Sunday. Hopefully Klinsman puts Green in the mix. I'm looking forward to see him play

I'm sooooooooo glad Klinsmann put in Brooks over omar. We would've been effed if omar went in. Within the last year & a half, I've noticed a lot of Klinsmann's subs have come in & contributed game changing moments (in our favor) and/or goals. Brooks coming in continued that pattern.

In addition to a great game from Jermaine Jones, Crofton MD's Kyle Beckerman had a great game also. I except Bradley to bounce back in fine fashion.

Some footage of US fans celebrating the US win across the country starting with BMore!

Birmingham, AL.

Kansas City

Cleveland

A company in AL called the Good People Brewing Co....

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with personnel or the system.

But where was all this uproar over Bradley playing in the advanced central playmaking role the past few months? You know when he actually performed quite well? Y'all need to chill it was one game. You can't count the number of games Bradley's had like that for club or country on one hand.

By the way Bradley broke and held the American Eredevsie goal scoring record for years before Altidore playing CAM. He was crucial going forward for Zeman at Roma. He's never been a holding midfielder, more box to box than anything.

Yeah in friendlies against weak competition.

This is the WC. He's our best midfielder and he's the only player we have capable of sitting deep, holding up possession, spraying passes, and starting up attack from a deep position. Jones played great but that's not his game. Same for Beckerman.

The reason Ghana dominated possession and us for most of the game is because we couldn't hold on to the ball. We need Bradley deeper. He's the only one on the roster capable of sitting back and dictating the play of the game.

We have plenty of creative attacking players to fill in for him up top. But nobody who can do what he does in the middle of the pitch. He's much more valuable in a deeper role linking up the defense to the attack.

We got lucky yesterday that Ghana was so unclinical in front of goal. Can't keep expecting to win like that when you surrender so much possession.

The chant on page 161 :pimp: :pimp:

Awesome game.

We pull for Germany over Ghana now correct?

Gotta draw Portugal or beat them and we're gonna make it :smokin :smokin:smokin

Big Time W!

Great wallpaper

I'm sooooooooo glad Klinsmann put in Brooks over omar. We would've been effed if omar went in. Within the last year & a half, I've noticed a lot of Klinsmann's subs have come in & contributed game changing moments (in our favor) and/or goals. Brooks coming in continued that pattern.

In addition to a great game from Jermaine Jones, Crofton MD's Kyle Beckerman had a great game also. I except Bradley to bounce back in fine fashion.

Some footage of US fans celebrating the US win across the country starting with BMore!

Birmingham, AL.

Kansas City

Cleveland

A company in AL called the Good People Brewing Co....

Amazing.

:pimp: :pimp: :pimp:

Cheers!

For those watching the game at home, here are some drinks to make. First the national drink of Brazil, the Caipirinha. It's like a mojito but stronger.

Makes 1 servingChange Servings
- 1/2 lime, quartered. You can use a lemon to but lime is better.
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 1/2 fluid ounces cachaca or caichaca . It's a Brazilian liquor that any liquor store should carry.
- 1 cup ice cubes

In a large rocks glass squeeze and drop in 2 eighths of lime. Add sugar, crush and mix with a spoon. Pour in the cachaca and plenty of ice. Stir well.

Here's one of the easier recipes for making the bomb pop drink. I posted this drink a while back because the away kit looks like one.

It has nothing to do with personnel or the system.

But where was all this uproar over Bradley playing in the advanced central playmaking role the past few months? You know when he actually performed quite well? Y'all need to chill it was one game. You can't count the number of games Bradley's had like that for club or country on one hand.

By the way Bradley broke and held the American Eredevsie goal scoring record for years before Altidore playing CAM. He was crucial going forward for Zeman at Roma. He's never been a holding midfielder, more box to box than anything.
Yeah in friendlies against weak competition.

This is the WC. He's our best midfielder and he's the only player we have capable of sitting deep, holding up possession, spraying passes, and starting up attack from a deep position. Jones played great but that's not his game. Same for Beckerman.

The reason Ghana dominated possession and us for most of the game is because we couldn't hold on to the ball. We need Bradley deeper. He's the only one on the roster capable of sitting back and dictating the play of the game.

We have plenty of creative attacking players to fill in for him up top. But nobody who can do what he does in the middle of the pitch. He's much more valuable in a deeper role linking up the defense to the attack.

We got lucky yesterday that Ghana was so unclinical in front of goal. Can't keep expecting to win like that when you surrender so much possession.
Bringing up the quality of the competition is a cop out. You can only play the competition in front of you, not that Mexico and Turkey are weak competition anyway. Bradley has no problem playing in a more advanced role, one bad game doesn't change that. 

Bradley wasn't even operating that advanced, he positioned himself like our best playmaker should, he covered the entire pitch trying to find the game he just failed at it. Watch the game again and count how many times Bradley dropped all the way back and sat between Cameron and Besler/Brooks when we were in possession. 

After watching the game properly on DVR last night there were two obvious underlying reasons why we couldn't keep possession. Bradley's poor performance was just the surface. When Johansson replaced Altidore we had nobody to lead the line forward.  In effect there was nobody to occupy the Ghanian CB's, they were completely free to step and disrupt any attempt to penetrate in front of them and to track any attempt to play balls in behind, hell they could have been out there smoking cigarettes. 

On the other hand Fabian Johnson/Bedoya and Beasley were completely consumed with Ayew and Atsu/Opare respectively on the outside, they couldn't get forward at all. That left Bradley with two pure CDMs, one a destroyer, the other a security blanket accustom to sitting directly in front of the back line, as his only options to link with in midfield. Jones and Beckerman both have a range of valuable skills but they don't include creating space or finding ways to get on the ball helping circulate possession.  

No width, no fluidity in midfield, no center forward. Xavi Hernandez would have looked like horse **** under the same circumstances.  

I think we're on the same page I just don't think Bradley's positioning is the root of the problem. I also don't agree that we have plenty of attacking players who can play Bradley's role. We have Mix Diskerud who we surely would have seen if Kilnsman's hand hadn't been forced by injuries but that's about it. Clint Dempsey is not the possession player you're looking for. Neither is Johansson.

But even if someone else could play there I'm not comfortable removing Beckerman or Jones from the lineup. We need them (and Bradley) defensively. Something is obviously wrong but fixing it isn't as simple as dropping Bradley deeper into midfield. 

Back
Top Bottom