**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Once took a trip to Venezuela for work. My god, the women there are drop dead gorgeous. I wanted to bring a couple back and make myself a ton of kids haahhahaah! :tongue:

So incredible that we could not make the Olympics. At home against Honduras. We played like trash in that game also :smh: :smh: :smh:

So incredible that we could not make the Olympics. At home against Honduras. We played like trash in that game also :smh: :smh: :smh:

That's two games in a row Honduras we've lost out on qualifying to Honduras right? That's indefensible.

Luis Gil is no more to me as a USMNT pool player after his episode with qualification on the line in the H&A with Colombia.

On the bright side the U20's are heading to Spain's COTIF Tournament in July and before that they're hosting a small invitational with Costa Rica and Japan coming to play us in Carson at the end of the month. all matches are gonna be streamed In HD on YouTube.

Great opportunity to check out Mukwalle Akale, get ready because I'm about ready to jump that hype train into overdrive.

Last edited:
^^ I remember I was so hyped about GIL. I dont remember which tournament it was, but I was like, dude here is the heir apparent to Ramos, Reyna. Boy was I wrong. Dude's career has gone down. those years in SALT LAKE did nothing for his career. I think hes at Queretaro now in the ligua mx.

Whats the deal with Kyle Scott?? 
nerd.gif

Great opportunity to check out Mukwalle Akale, get ready because I'm about ready to jump that hype train into overdrive.
how come there's hardly been anything (if not nothing at all) written on him??

I think because of his birth year, he was somewhat of a tweener in terms of youth cycles. Too old to participate in the last U17 cycle with guys like Pulisic and Haji but really too young to be in consideration for the past U20 cycle with guys like Hyndman and Miazga.

I think people know about him he just hasn't participated in many of the high profile camps so there hasn't been much to talk about in terms of his involvement within the program.

Funny enough though his club performance is incredibly accessible thanks to Villarreal's YouTube channel.

Villarreal ended up getting knocked out of the Copa Del Rey Juvenil semi-final last week by Real Madrid in a pretty crazy match but Akale scores the opening goal in the 15th minute around 39:00 in the video, he's #10. 

His ceiling is unreal man. No hyperbole - he's already one of the fastest players I've ever seen with the ball at feet, period.

In some ways he reminds me of Raheem Sterling at the same age. Incredibly rare combination of speed and technique. He's not as strong physically as Raheem was as a teenager but he has even more pace and he's even more dangerous in 1v1 situations.

It's really just about him developing the tactical and psychological sides of his game to that of a premier professional in the next 2 - 3 years. Lucky for us he couldn't possibly be in a better environment to do so. 

If I knew video editing I'd put together some moments showcasing his ability from this spring, most of the full matches are on Villareall's youtube channel. 

Last edited:
^ good stuff on these up and comers. always stoked to hear about younger players to keep an eye out on :pimp:

well, we lost U17 captain Alex Zendejas to Chivas/El Tri... thats a bit disappointing

can't win em all, I suppose

dope that Christian Pulisic took this pic with a fan.....

also kinda hilarious these two randomly got picked for doping tests after the match

ClpUk_oVEAADbM_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom