**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

man the game wasn't on downtown last night (at least where i was at). luckily i managed to avoid learning the score and watched it on DVR when i got home around 11. stoked as hell for tuesday :pimp:

shame that we're going to be short JJ. our center backs have REALLY impressed. crazy that the only goals we've allowed were from set pieces. take that as you may, but overall, brooks and cameron have been stellar outside of a couple miscues. really impressed by their play.

i'm with you guys on keeping besler on the backline. bump up fabian. give nagbe a go. i'd love to see pulisic but not to start right away versus ARG. think he'd be better off coming off the bench nice and fresh versus some tired legs.

stoked :pimp:

Definitely going to  miss JJ and Wood in the semis. 

Pulisic can be good for us in the semis. He's been exposed to big teams and names with BVB and i don't think he would have many jitters going against Argentina. 

Will be interesting to see what the starting eleven look like come game time.

Love the arch on Dempsey's story this summer.

Some people thought he was washed and we needed a change up front - in true Clint fashion he proves them wrong. Goes on to score his 50th goal in a USMNT shirt, in Chicago of all places... US Soccer HQ and the same city where he scored his first international goal. Next match, goes on to score the lone goal to ensure our advancement from group play. Scores AGAIN last night.... And now, he has a chance to return home to Texas and possibly play a semi-final match against the best player in the world and of his generation.

Come get this work, Messi.

You got me pumped up at my desk

9d520ac82b19cbd7c73ffc5e21578d97.gif

I think we have a better chance then people think. Keep besler at LB. move fabin to the midfield for jones, nagbe for bedoya and pulisic on top for wood....... WE GOT THIS!!!!

Last edited:
So is everyone back on the Klinsmann bandwagon?

I for one, never was off the Klinsy bandwagon.

from two weeks ago:

i think you can still support Jurgen but also say the jury is still out. the fact of the matter is we need REAL results. meaningful results. not some nice wins here and there. more consistency. i haven't written him off yet. the talent that's developed has been nice but let's see how he uses it. he can't keep experimenting forever. we've got to get guys into roles where they can expect to be so they can develop some sense of familiarity with the role alongside some type of playing style.

not everyone hopped off :pimp:

and that's not to say Jurgen is free and in the clear. still A LOT of work left to be done. not just talking about Copa. but long term.

Last edited:
I've learned that soccer fans' opinions of their coaches/managers changes game by game :lol:

Jurgen isn't immune to that fact.

I think we have a better chance then people think. Keep besler at LB. move fabin to the midfield for jones, nagbe for bedoya and pulisic on top for wood....... WE GOT THIS!!!!
This could actualy work, although I would bring Yedlin back it because of the ability of getting forward and tracking back on  the quickness, but knowing Klinsmann, we will get Beckerman, Zusi, and the likes of them

i have always been on the Klissy wagon. Have I criticize him? of course. He does lack tactical skills, but makes up for it every where else. All in all I think hes done a goof job running the national team. All is forgiven, if we can win this Copa America :smokin :smokin :smokin

from two weeks ago:
not everyone hopped off :pimp:

and that's not to say Jurgen is free and in the clear. still A LOT of work left to be done. not just talking about Copa. but long term.

Hey how come you dont have the USMNT in the list of your teams?? :lol:

..add to the fact that Klinsy has gotten us farther (and better) as a NT than our previous managers.

Sonoftony. You been a fan for a longtime?? I dont recall seing you in here in the past (years ago)? forgive me for the question..:tongue:

I would say honestly the snow game in Denver made me a fan. I'm still a newb compared to all you but since then I've been learning more and more about soccer by watching the prem and la liga when the NT isnt playing. My friends that actually played soccer growing up helped too. Playing FIFA made me understand formations and tactics much better.

FWIW, I never played soccer growing up :\

Last edited:
^^Good stuff. I only played soccer when I was 10-12 years old. I used to play in my uncle' recreational league every sunday. No one wanted to play Lb or Rb so they would put me in there. It was cool, but I am really not that good to be honest :lol: :lol:

^^Good stuff. I only played soccer when I was 10-12 years old. I used to play in my uncle' recreational league every sunday. No one wanted to play Lb or Rb so they would put me in there. It was cool, but I am really not that good to be honest :lol: :lol:

I would love to join a rec league but like I said, I never stepped foot on a pitch in my life :lol:

Most I've done was kick-arounds with my bro-in-law whos colombian and brazilian.

I would love to join a rec league but like I said, I never stepped foot on a pitch in my life :lol:

Most I've done was kick-arounds with my bro-in-law whos colombian and brazilian.

you can likely find an indoor league for beginners, man.

actually be considering it myself. i've played pick up games here and there, but never organized

I'm back on the Dempsey wagon. I was foolish to suggest we sacrifice him in the line up immediately after Colombia even if it was more about getting Wood central and possibly introducing Nagbe.

So is everyone back on the Klinsmann bandwagon?
I still believe in his big picture type ideas.... working on the youth coaching stuff, add more USYT, expanding the player pool, etc.... all that I think I've more or less always been on board with

as a tactically capable manager? not really. On the fence at best.

I will say, seeing him bounce back and having a good run since that Colombia match has been awesome to see. And firing a coach in the midst of WC qualifying is somehting I don't want to see, despite what I may think of him as a manager.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom