**Official USMNT Soccer Thread**

Trophies ain't won on paper. There's a reason why Messi has zero international trophies, being the favorite means nothing.

cause there are better international teams than argentina

see Portugal/ronaldo

You missed the point entirely. The "best" team doesn't always win the trophy. A LOT has to go right for any team to make it to, and succeed in winning a cup final.

Last edited:
I think Messi is gonna go off tonight, I hope not 
frown.gif

Trophies ain't won on paper. There's a reason why Messi has zero international trophies, being the favorite means nothing.

see Portugal/ronaldo
You missed the point entirely. The "best" team doesn't always win the trophy. A LOT has to go right for any team to make it to, and succeed in winning a cup final.
I think it's a flawed premise

Germany was a far superior team to argentina in the 2014 world cup final

having the best player on the pitch doesn't mean you have the superior side

which is why Portugal/Ronaldo haven't done that well internationally either

see Portugal/ronaldo

I think it's a flawed premise

Germany was a far superior team to argentina in the 2014 world cup final

having the best player on the pitch doesn't mean you have the superior side

which is why Portugal/Ronaldo haven't done that well internationally either

The only premise is that anything can happen, being the superior team doesn't guarantee victory. Certainly nothing flawed about that.

Maybe I worded it poorly by saying "there's a reason Messi has no trophies," but again the only point was that being the favorite, like Argentina was for last year's Copa America, and the Copa America before that, means very little in the grand scheme of things. I certainly wasnt implying that Argentina were superior to Germany in 2014.

Portugal does poorly because they're not a great team, and their best player underperforms. Not a great recipe for succes. Argentina is a great team, but it's still very very difficult to win a major tournament as proven by their track record.

Last edited:
I think you're being generous calling them a great team.. they're a good team

If Argentina is only a good team then Portugal is straight *** cheeks and the USA should quit international football. 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
The only premise is that anything can happen, being the superior team doesn't guarantee victory. Certainly nothing flawed about that.

Maybe I worded it poorly by saying "there's a reason Messi has no trophies," but again the only point was that being the favorite, like Argentina was for last year's Copa America, and the Copa America before that, means very little in the grand scheme of things. I certainly wasnt implying that Argentina were superior to Germany in 2014.

Portugal does poorly because they're not a great team, and their best player underperforms. Not a great recipe for succes. Argentina is a great team, but it's still very very difficult to win a major tournament as proven by their track record.

To be honest I get why people think Messi is a great player and so is Ronaldo. Yeah Messi has won a boatload of championships at Barca, but to be the best in soccer, you have to win at the highest level which is with your national team. To me Messi cannot be called the greatest until he actually starts winning with Argentina. MARADONA has two World Cups, Messi nada. No copa Americas, no confederaciones, no world cups. When he does then and only then can put him up there with the GOD MARADONA :smokin

Last edited:
I was impressed they made the world cup final in 2014 and beat the dutch.. and gotta give it to them for making it a game vs Germany in the final

Don't be, WE GOT THIS [emoji]133674693112[/emoji][emoji]133674693112[/emoji][emoji]133674693112[/emoji][emoji]133674693112[/emoji][emoji]133674693112[/emoji]

USA will be fine
Pressure is on Argentina

Anyway as long as we don't lose 7-0 I will be happy with any close result

USA will be fine
Pressure is on Argentina

Anyway as long as we don't lose 7-0 I will be happy with any close result
see, as a fan, sure I just wanna see us put up a good fight and go down swinging......

but we are screwed if thats also the players mindset... If even one of the players out there has the mindset of "lets just not lost by too much", then we are in big big trouble.

These dudes gotta genuinely keep it in gear and believe that we will win (no pun intended)

ummm Vegas has us as +780 underdogs..... if anyone is into online betting, mineaswell throw a few bucks our way 
laugh.gif

So that means betting a dollar could get me 780??? **** it why not.

Also I'm assuming thats what that means cause I don't know how to read betting lines 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
Why not us.

Leggo. :pimp:

-edit- my conversion skills are subpar at the moment :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom