Official Vancouver 2010 Olympic Winter Games (Sports Forum) Thread!

February 12 -28, 2010
2010_Winter_Olympics_logo.png

Opening Ceremonies: Feb 12th!

On NBC! It happens at 4:30pm PST But I believe NBC is showing at 7:30pm in your time, but check your listings.

Olympic Schedule and Results
http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-schedule-results/

Participating nations

[table][tr][td]
[/td][td][/td][td][/td][/tr][/table]

The Sports
7254as.png

Calendar
[table][tr][td] [/td][/tr][/table]

What's up with the snow out there? I heard it may not be enough snow fall for certain events

from Richmond here, but go to school in seattle. did any of yall vancouver heads see the torch relay yesterday at the Ozone?

laugh.gif
Tim Cowlishaw poked fun at curling during ATH today.

I'm hoping the Final 4 in hockey are Sweden, Russia, USA and Canada. Looking forward to seeing some youngsters and the old timers making what could be their last appearance.

"What's up with the snow out there? I heard it may not be enough snow fall for certain events"

it doesn't snow in Vancouver.... Average temp in feb is 44 degrees....

All fun and games until we get stuck with the 6 billion dollar bill the tax payers are gonna have to pick up.... All this while social programs like education and health care are being cut. I feel sorry for anyone that has to work downtown or cross any bridge. Still gonna rip it up downtown though for a week straight though!

Everything but hockey is basically a joke.

And about the snow, well Whistler saved a bunch of snow from a few weeks back and is bringing it down the mountain for the events. In Vancouver it's just cloudy and will probably rain but it's 10 degrees so basically no chance of snow.

yea no snow at all. they been saving it up and are moving it.
road closures are wack tho looks like i wont whip it for a while.
im def gonna be out and about tho. hear theres some sick stuff going on

People need to stop complaining.
It's here, if you don't like it at this point you can't do anything about it. So have fun and enjoy it. It's only gonna happen once.

Originally Posted by kash55

People need to stop complaining.
It's here, if you don't like it at this point you can't do anything about it. So have fun and enjoy it. It's only gonna happen once.
word, so many debbie downers on my facebook with statuses "!!+% the olympics".. it won't come around too often. 

olympics is good for the city too, bringing in a lotta revenue.  only problem is school being cut.. dont yall have a 2 week "olympic break" or something in vancouver?

smokin.gif
 nice, Kash for the S&T Olympics thread

and yes, it looks like NBC is doing the tape delay thing again for this Olympics.  don't you guys in the States with digital cable/ satellite get the Eastern NBC feed

I remember being pissed off when I heard Vancouver won the 2010 Winter Olympics.

I wanted Toronto to bid and win the 2012 summer games but I guess the city realized the IOC does not usually let the same country host the Olympics 2 years apart.

Anyways, how much is it going to cost BC tax payers to host these games? It's going to be fun for 2-weeks and you guys are going to get some amazing facilities but it'll probably end up costing the province for many years to come.

The games aren't too bad, at least it has been able to help subsidize some local projects. BC will certainly lose money on the Games but I'm not too worried. At least I'm getting a couple weeks off from it. I think it has been 5 years since my last spring (...winter) break.

Back
Top Bottom