OFFICIAL VANS SHOWCASE THREAD - TEAM VULCANIZED

^ Same decision, I want less shoes, total....plus I need money to get a new Camera Body.

Cris.

0803-M-04-VANS-CLSSC-106-VULCANIZED.jpg

where to find under retail????

is this kind of a NEW shoe? ive only seen them out for about a yr. or less...

and whats the diff. between...

*chukka lo
*vulcan
*vulcanized

?

Vulcan(ized) > Era/Authentic

Wow Cris...from 50-60 pairs to 10?!

I can't knock u thou. I did the same thing with Nike SBs a year ago. I went from about 70 pairs to about 16 now...with half of them being Blazers.
I just like Vans too much to sell my pairs but I'm with u guys as far as cutting down. My way will be to stop buying new #%@&. I figure about 60 pluspairs of Vans will last me for years. Not too mention the other 100 plus pairs of Nike/Jordan/Converse/Puma that I own.

If the shoe isn't something necessary (True Blue 3s)...I'm done with new pick-ups.

YEEEUUURRRP!

Originally Posted by ThaPeoplesChamp

where to find under retail????

is this kind of a NEW shoe? ive only seen them out for about a yr. or less...

and whats the diff. between...

*chukka lo
*vulcan
*vulcanized

?

Vulcan(ized) > Era/Authentic
I can't really answer all of your questions, at least not with 100% confidence that I'm right, but if you look at the Vulcanized and theChukka Low side by side, you'll notice that the Vulcanized model is more flat and Era-like in that sense. They both look similar though. I know thatI've mistaken one for the other in the past.

As far as finding them for under retail...eBay's always and option and different skate websites like SkateParkofTampa (especially when they have sales)should be helpful.

I hope that kind of helps.

^^^The Chukka Low & the 106 Vulcanized do look similar but you can easily tell them apart.

The difference is the 106 Vulcanized is basically an Authentic that looks like a Chukka Low.
It does share the padded collar with the Chukka Low but the shoe is entirely canvas & sits more low profile.

1a02534ebd4004cd1ee1778869277f47c30ed9c.jpg

The Chukka Low has the padded collar...but also comes with a padded tongue & thick (syndicate style) insoles. Also the Chukka low's toe-box, collar& heel is suede.
Other glaring differences is the lace holes (106 Vulcanized have 4...Chukka Lows have 5).......and Chukka Lows have the Vans label stiched on the side of theshoe.

af1155e341451f1e48e36ea17642f4a050f14d9.jpg

Oh...and the 106 Vulcanized are cheaper (Retail is $40 - $49 depending on seller), while Chukka Lows retail for $55. I think that covers it.

YEEEUUURRRP!

Great stuff everyone. Here is my humble collection.

Authentics/Eras:

Zapato Del Barco & Prison Issues:

Hosoi:

Chukkas:

Rudeez:

Supreme:

Half Cabs:

sneakermane - Thanks for doing a better job of explaining the differences.
smokin.gif
You pointed out some things I never even noticed.

j8y:nerd:4 & echelon - Nice stuff, fellas.

Dope Vans everyone.

Crisuno- damn bro you have some serious stuff. If my damn foot wasn't so big Id own more than the one pair I have. IMO Vans look better in smaller sizes.

hey all, just a heads up that the nordstroms rack around the ways have been getting good vans in

if somebody finds a sz 8-9 in a HUF 3 ft hi chukka lmk! or a sz 4.5-5.5 in the green kicks/hi chukkas...again lmk!

this is what i found today after driving all around seattle....so tired....

8x96ae.jpg

again please try to help?...muchos gracias

also there have been reports of DQMs as well....

Back
Top Bottom