Official Warriors Offseason Thread --> PLEASE LOCK.

EXCLUSIVE: Ellison Will Not Be Next Warriors Owner

July 15, 2010

WARRIORS PAGE | WARRIORS VIDEO

Matt Steinmetz
CSNBayArea.com
Oracle CEO Larry Ellison will not be the next owner of the Golden State Warriors, according to a source close to the situation.

A potential deal between Ellison’s consortium, which includes the current Warriors’ minority ownership group, has fallen through, according to that source.

That would seem to mean that the next owner of the Warriors will be a group led by Mandalay Entertainment CEO Peter Guber and Joe Lacob, a minority owner of the Boston Celtics.

F that aggot cohan, ellison had the sale done until cohan held up the sale and tried to milk em for more.  Ehh, at least cohan isnt the owner anymore.  But damn, imagine if Ellison was the owner.  This organization stays taking L's

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

F that aggot cohan, ellison had the sale done until cohan held up the sale and tried to milk em for more
Do you think this is a final push from Cohan to get Ellison to buy it at like $500m?

grin.gif

Originally Posted by Andrew630

Originally Posted by ady2glude707

F that aggot cohan, ellison had the sale done until cohan held up the sale and tried to milk em for more
Do you think this is a final push from Cohan to get Ellison to buy it at like $500m?
From what steinmetz is saying, deal is done, ellison dropped out.  IMO I think ellison was tired of cohans sales tactics.

Wow
eek.gif

I'd figure Ellison would call Cohan's bluff and he'd have to settle for under $400 mill. Didn't expect someone to go over the top of Larry.

Ah Kliener Perkins....one of the top PE firms out there.

Please just be the exact opposite of Cohan. Please instill values and winning into our decrepit franchise. You don't have to spend like Larry would have; but please spend smartly.

51GS5KX7D8L._SS500_.jpg

How Sony lost $3.2 billion by hiring Guber andPeters as cochairmen.

the arrogant, spendthrift, cutthroat, good cop/bad cop team of Guberand Peters, who variously schmoozed (Guber) and bullied (Peters)their way to the top.

Guber, the smoother and more sedate of the two, was actually, ofcourse, the real killer. The pair frequently attended jointtherapy sessions, sometimes even holding hands. ''I love you,''Peters recalls Guber telling him during one typicallyhypocritical session. ''No, I don't love you — I feel like I'm inlove with you.''

And in the end, Peters' fists were no match for Guber's velvetgloves. When Peters and his antics became too much of aliability for Sony, Guber arranged in 1991 for his partner of 12years to be fired, as if he were dismissing his gardener. Peterslater broke down and wept in front of Guber (who was dumpedhimself in 1994). ''How could you do this?'' he cried. How,indeed?

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

this team is gonna move to las vegas

The Detroit News reports that an investment group has an NBA team "under contract" to play in Las Vegas.
Assuming this is true, it's unclear which team might be under contract. The Pistons are for sale, but owner Karen Davidson has made clear her interest in selling to a local buyer. Regardless, this Vegas deal would still require a new arena to be built with public funds, so consider us skeptical for now that it's actually on the verge of happening.

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

DAMN!...The Warriors can't do ANYTHING right.  We never get ANYTHING we want.  I can't believe it's not Ellison. Wow.

No way will David Stern allow for the Warriors to be moved to Vegas. I wanted Ellision to be the owner as well, given his reputation, but I hope these guys owning the team are the second coming of the Maloofs.

Stern isn't going to allow he bay area not to have a market. If any team is moved to LV it'll be the Kings

Damn man, this sucks. Another L for the Warriors. Hopefully he does something good for the Team..no one knows too much about them

Originally Posted by minus28

forwarded the article to gary. thanks offbad

heard radnich read this on air.. pretty cool..

As for the sale... Just glad Cohan is out. Would of been very nice for Ellison to take over, considering almost everything he takes on he wins.

Warriors won't move, if they draw 16,000 on average when they suck just think when they turn it around.

Back
Top Bottom