Official Warriors Season Thread

J-Rich will always be a part of the W's. He is practically family to the W's organization. He loves the W's so much, he may become a Warrior killerand have a career game tonight and make us lose. Hahaha. JK. I will be excited to see the cheers that Richardson receives tonight. If anyone boos him, that isjust messed up...He never did anything wrong for the organization.

Originally Posted by GAS BREAK DIP

"I want them to do well," Richardson said. "I want them to make it to the playoffs and go further than we did last year. A lot of times, I'm watching the games like 'C'mon Monta (Ellis), you've got to make that shot' or 'C'mon, (Baron Davis), get to the hole.' My teammates ask me how can I root for the Warriors, and they traded me."

"My teammates ask me how can I root for the Warriors, and they traded me." <- quote of the year.
pimp.gif

J-Rich is still a Bay Boss.

pimp.gif
he's still a part of the team and he's gonna get supportjust like he was on the team. jrich is awesome, can't wait for tonight. and is there a link to this or something? i'd love to save it.

NOOOOOOOOOOO GDDAMMIT IT'S NOT FAIR

all right that's it. pacific division is a wrap. so is the west.

Man... the Lakers get all the luck in the world.
laugh.gif
Are the celebs payingthe salaray caps?

#!@# it:

Kosta Perovic > Gasol

^ lol. mannn, horrible news in the last 24hours. gasol to the lakers and baron not making the allstar team.
frown.gif

but damn, if the grizz are gonna do a fire sale now..go grab miller or gay!!! get it done mully!

J-Rich game should be exciting. No matter where he is, he's still a Warrior in my mind. He's an OG Warrior and I'm sure (most people) Oracle willgive him what he properly deserves

I really wish I didn't have to work tonight.
frown.gif

Oh, and on that Fan Appreciation card, look @ Andris' A, came straight out of a Kindergarten spelling book, turned sideways!

I can't wait for this game tonight! Haven't been to a game in years. I hope Webber can get in for a few minutes. I want J-Rich to go for 50 with theWarriors gettin the W.

Originally Posted by offbad

c-webb not slated to play?

someone in the game thread saud he wasn't playing until next thursday, but from those pics it looks like he's ready to go tonight

He won't play tonight. I think he'll be in his suit on the bench though. But if he does play tonight....give em hell c-webb. Haha.

And with that Lakers trade...Why couldn't the W's give up some crap for Gasol?! What in the world. Darn you Mitch.

Wow, that video posted in the game thread was really spectacular (J-Rich definitely missed).

Tonight's game = pure entertainment

1) Nice to see Jason Richardson back in the Oracle
2) Fans applauding his presence (Even early on in the warm ups with first ~1,000 fans cheering him; amazing)
3) Sjax playing VERY well along with the starters (Monta, BD, Biedrins, and Harrington)
4) Our team played wonderfully, nice to see the bench getting some PT (Belinelli made 3, shots and assists!)
5) BRANDAN WRIGHT - THAT DUNK WAS A MIXTURE OF
eek.gif
pimp.gif
smokin.gif
sick.gif
NASTY!
6) It's also really nice to see our veterans cheering for our youngsters, great team chemistry.

Hope you all enjoyed the game as much I did. Damn vietsta, heard you had an extra ticket haha.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/teams/gsw;_ylt=AomqbFPkiTH48T4uvKodbk2QvLYF
Golden State 127, Charlotte 94

OAKLAND, Calif. (AP) -- Monta Ellis scored 21 points, Stephen Jackson had 19 and the Warriors made Jason Richardson miserable in his return to Golden State with a 127-96 victory over the Charlotte Bobcats on Friday night.
With new acquisition Chris Webber watching from the bench, the Warriors rolled to a 34-point lead in the third quarter of their ninth win in 12 games. Baron Davis had just five points and six assists in his first game since being snubbed for an All-Star spot on the Western Conference's loaded team, but Golden State needed little help from its catalyst to finish off the wounded Bobcats.

Richardson had 10 points on 2-of-9 shooting in a dismal return to the arena where he became the Golden State fans' most consistent favorite during six seasons with the club. Golden State traded Richardson to Charlotte last summer after he helped to end the Warriors' 13-year playoff drought, and he got multiple standing ovations in his first game back.

Emeka Okafor had 20 points and 18 rebounds in the Bobcats' third loss in four games. Raymond Felton, who had 16 points, and Gerald Wallace both sat out the fourth quarter with sprained ankles for Charlotte, which has two games left on its longest West Coast trip of the season.

Earl Boykins, the 5-foot-5 former Warriors guard, made his debut with Charlotte late in the first quarter. Boykins, who finished with five points and four assists in 23 minutes, signed with the Bobcats on Thursday to provide backcourt depth -- and they might need it if Felton's injury turns out to be serious.

Golden State fans still love Richardson, the charismatic dunker who often provided the club's few highlights in his early years. He played a key role in the Warriors' return to the playoffs last spring, but top executive Chris Mullin reluctantly shipped him to Charlotte in a deal that moved Richardson's big contract and landed Brandan Wright, the long-term project chosen with the eighth overall draft pick.

Richardson started aggressively against his former teammates, but went just 1-for-8 in the first half as the Warriors sped away with one of their best halves of the season. Jackson hit three 3-pointers as Golden State made a 21-2 run, eventually taking a 28-point lead midway through the second quarter with 61.4 percent shooting.

Charlotte trimmed the lead to 14 points, but Golden State finished the third quarter with a 21-4 run behind Mickael Pietrus, who had 13 points in the period as Golden State went ahead 101-67. Every played in uniform scored for the Warriors, with six in double figures.

The fans still love J-Rich, but they still aren't certain what to think about C-Webb.

Webber, who won the Rookie of the Year award with Golden State in 1994 before leaving in a fight with coach Don Nelson, hopes to suit up for the Warriors in their next game against Chicago on Thursday.

But the Warriors found a clever way to make sure Webber wouldn't be booed in his first game back in Oakland nearly 14 years after forcing a trade that crippled the franchise for well over a decade. They showed a video montage of Webber's highlights from his season with Golden State on a split screen with a montage of Richardson, and the cheers for J-Rich drowned out a few scattered boos for C-Webb.

Nelson hasn't defined a role for Webber, but believes he'll take minutes from big men Al Harrington and Andris Biedrins. Webber once fumed about being used as a decoy to cause defensive problems for other teams' centers, but he's looking forward to a role in the middle of the action this time around.

"The older you become, the more you want to play center, because you want that (opposing) guy to be taller and slower," said Webber, who turns 35 next month.

766e062148ace7acc49c2e4ed3a09199-getty-76076138rw00010_bobcats_warriors.jpg

2540c2575d54c413d3ecfc27badaf6a7-getty-76076138rw009_bobcats_warriors.jpg

f6a56428125acd961cdbe7b36b153db0-getty-76076138rw003_bobcats_warriors.jpg

0736988161533c1eac854fb6e6363b7e-getty-76076138rw00031_bobcats_warriors.jpg

capt.264398670e8c40a89f4c7ada5ea2a2b8.bobcats_warriors_basketball_oas105.jpg

a306e7359b867fd372ec9bbf869c9703-getty-76076138rw007_bobcats_warriors.jpg

Back
Top Bottom