Official Warriors Season Thread

^ it's gonna be hard because we are gonna need someone to step up big time. we used to have baron then jrich, or baron then sjax, but right now all we have is baron. someone is going to have to step up and replace those guys which is going to be hard considering all of the work they put in, not to mention jackson was a great backup leader when baron went to the bench.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
Azubuike - Barnes - Belinelli - Biedrins - Croshere - Davis - Ellis
Harrington - Hudson - Jackson - Lasme - O'Bryant - Perovic - Pietrus - Wright

So I'm watching the Cavs/Kings game and they're showing a graphic on the screen... Sacramento is 28-30 from the FT line.

I'm so jealous!!!
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
> Fire Sidney Moncrief ASAP<

^^
Foreal, i wish we had Martin.
TEAM XBOX360
.::Gamertag = SF Killer 415::.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

A lot less people talk when we're losing.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Andrew630:

Just shows who's really here to stay, I guess.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
> Fire Sidney Moncrief ASAP<

Quote:
Just shows who's really here to stay, I guess.

Theres a couple of people that were supposedly life-long Warriors fans, but now have disappeared. :nerd:
nerd.gif
TEAM XBOX360
.::Gamertag = SF Killer 415::.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Quote:
So I'm watching the Cavs/Kings game and they're showing a graphic on the screen... Sacramento is 28-30 from the FT line.

I'm so jealous!!!

:lol:
laugh.gif
:D
happy.gif
s off terribly it just rubs off to everyone. azubuike used to be a good ft shooter, but he's seemed to decline lately. same with monta. just another reason why i can't wait for sjax to get back.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

I really can't wait until Jackson gets back, he will make a huge difference. And you have to figure that the free throws will start falling eventually. At least I hope.
TEAM WARRIORS
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS​

Chris Mullin is a carreer 87% FT shooter and I'm pretty sure he's at some Warrriors practices. I'm sure he could show Baron and the rest of the guys a few pointers... Sidney Moncrief isn't getting the job done...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
>> Fire Sidney Moncrief ASAP <<

This thread has to stay alive when NT moves. Haha. Yeah you guys are right, where ARE all the people when the W's were winning. Funny.
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
I heart Norv Turner.​

Well I know we stayed through the thick and thin. I know our threads were still pretty big before the 06-07 season.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Quote:
^ it's gonna be hard because we are gonna need someone to step up big time. we used to have baron then jrich, or baron then sjax, but right now all we have is baron. someone is going to have to step up and replace those guys which is going to be hard considering all of the work they put in, not to mention jackson was a great backup leader when baron went to the bench.
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Proving the doubters wrong
Ager, Barea, Bass, Dampier, Diop, Fazekas, George, Hassell, Harris, Howard, Howard, Jones, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry​

Hey JapanAir21
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Quote:
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Buike comes in 2nd with the best player rankings...He deserves to start. The line-up when SJax returns should be...

Baron Davis
Kelenna Azubuike
Stephen Jackson
Al Harrington
Andris "No Hands" Biedrens.

That is a solid line-up...And my goodness, someone tell Andris to be ready for the ball and stop trying to impersonate Adonal.
Team49ers
XVI . XIX . XXIII . XXIV . XXIX
I heart Norv Turner.​

LiveMyReality:
And my goodness, someone tell Andris to be ready for the ball and stop trying to impersonate Adonal.

He's just being careless with the ball. Adonal's problem was that he wasn't any good.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Quote:
Hey JapanAir21... who was your guys' FT coach? I heard it was some old guy that never played basketball and he did a superb job with Dallas' FT%...
DALLAS MAVERICKS
Ager, Barea, Bass, Dampier, Diop, Fazekas, George, Hassell, Harris, Howard, Howard, Jones, Nowitzki, Stackhouse, Terry​

^ Yeah, a buddy of mine told me that Nellie employed a FT coach in Dallas. Just wondering who it was...
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Quote:
Twelve years ago Dallas investment banker, Gary Boren, sat in Reunion Arena wondering why highly paid professional basketball players could make gravity defying shots and then miss a simple free throw shot. Today, the mild mannered and unpretentious Boren is the Godfather of a widely acclaimed free throw system used by the Dallas Mavericks.

Boren has spent the past nine years as a player development coach with the Mavericks and is the only free throw specialty coach in the NBA. He says the statistics prove that free throws make a difference in a game, There's no question. It's over twenty-percent of all points scored are free throws. Every tie game where they go into overtime, every single one of those is basically decided with one more free throws. And they would have won the game and wouldn't even have gone into overtime if they had made earlier free throws.

With a video camera in hand at the Mavericks practice facility beneath the American Airlines Center in Dallas, Boren says the free throw, Is one of the most over looked and under coached skills of the game. Players have seen miles of tape of themselves running and shooting up and down the court throughout their careers, but most have never seen themselves shoot the free throw.

As a result of Borens system, Dallas ranks among the best free throw shooting teams in the league. shooting free throws in the empty gym. Boren kept shooting until he could sink five hundred free throws a day.

Boren also consulted a mathematician. They worked out the geometry of the problem starting backwards from the basket to the player standing fifteen feet away at the free throw line. The equation factored in the ideal angle at which the twenty-three-ounce ball should approach the eighteen inch diameter hoop thats mounted ten feet above the floor.

Boren calculated that the best chance of sinking a free throw depended on shooting the ball with a high rainbow style arc. To accomplish that feat, Boren broke down the mechanics of the perfect free throw into forty-one parts.

Borens work starts in the fall at the beginning of the Mavericks season with a private videotaping session of each players free throw shots. Boren records from four different angles: front, side, rear, and from the side at basket level.

Boren says he wins over the players confidence in his system by telling them, I am making you the head coach of your own free throw shot. I show them what they are doing and I give them a little logic and they say I want to fix that. I'm not here because I can shoot. My value is I can teach shooting to these guys. I'm not going in the game anytime soon. :lol:
laugh.gif
DALLAS MAVERICKS

:lol:
laugh.gif
I can't believe you found it :lol:
laugh.gif
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

David Stern will say, "With the 1st pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, the Golden State Warriors select..." You guys can fill in the rest......

Quote:
it's not good for the blood pressure to talk right after a loss. that's how it is for me anyway.
GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS

Just got my Bobcats shorts in today, they are :pimp:
pimp.gif
:pimp:
pimp.gif
. Wish they'd put the Warriors shorts on the site :frown:
frown.gif
. On a side note, Jason isn't doing to good on the Bobcats :\
ohwell.gif
CHARLOTTE BOBCATS
Anderson - Brezec - Carroll - Davidson - Dudley - Felton - Harrington
Herrmann - Hollins - May - McInnis - Morrison - Okafor - Richardson - Voskuhl - Wallace

J-Rich had I think one good game, but yeah, his shooting has been off.

Paul, I really think it's a natural thing, or you need someone really committed like that dude from the Mavericks is... He takes his job way too seriously.. :lol:
laugh.gif
DALLAS MAVERICKS

Back
Top Bottom