Official Warriors Season Thread

hinrihc is out
so we just needsta worry about ben wallace and not get super overconfident that we give up stupid points
WE NEEDA TRADE PEITRUS hes a dummmmiie foreal

Another come from behind victory for the Warriors.

koolaid5b.jpg

Baron, Captain Jack, Monta all played 40+ mins tonight, we need the bench to carry some of the load tomorrow night for that back to back game.

Golden State 119, Chicago 111

By RICK GANO, AP Sports Writer
January 19, 2008

CHICAGO (AP) -- Baron Davis matched a career high with 40 points, hitting six 3-pointers Friday night, and the Golden State Warriors used a strong finish to beat the Chicago Bulls 119-111.

Stephen Jackson had had 12 of his 24 points in the fourth quarter, including a key 3-pointer with 46 seconds left.

Ben Gordon led Chicago with 29 points and Andres Nocioni added 28.

Matt Barnes scored the go-ahead basket for Golden State, grabbing a loose ball as Nocioni tried to save it, putting the Warriors up 106-104 with just over two minutes to go.

Joe Smith's basket cut it to one before Jackson dropped in two free throws with 1:20 left, making it 109-106.

After Gordon's two free throws again made it a one-point game, Jackson took a pass from Davis and made a 3-pointer from the deep corner, puting the Warriors up four.

After a miss by Nocioni, Davis dropped in two free throws. Then Jackson hit two more and the Warriors had a hard-earned road win against the disappointing Bulls.

Golden State outscored the Bulls 35-27 in the fourth quarter.

Barnes showing signs of old self after mourning mother

Contra Costa Times

Article Launched: 01/19/2008 02:56:40 AM PST

CHICAGO -- Warriors forward Matt Barnes tried so hard to be stoic in the face of his mother Ann's death on Nov. 27. In the end, however, it just wasn't possible.
Barnes spent the first month of the season attempting to play despite the anguish of watching his 50-year-old mother be ravaged by cancer, then spent the following month trying to recover from his grief.

"I thought I could hide it," Barnes said. "I thought I could just go out there play through it, but there's nothing like losing your mom."

Nearly two months after Ann Barnes passed away, her eldest child is once again enjoying some of the form that made him such an indispensable piece of the Warriors' playoff run last season. Against Minnesota and Indiana in the first two games of the Warriors' current four-city road trip, he combined for 29 points, 12 rebounds, seven assists and three steals.

"I think that he's starting to turn the corner a little bit," Warriors forward Al Harrington said. "I mean, to me, the biggest thing in this game is confidence, and the only way to get confidence is being out there on the floor and playing well. Hopefully this gives him a lot of it and that'll carry him for the rest of the season."

Barnes' re-emergence could hardly come at a better time. Swingman Stephen Jackson, guard Baron Davis and forward Austin Croshere are all suffering from various maladies, so there are minutes to be had, especially for a guy who seemed to give the Warriors a burst of energy every time he got onto the floor last season.

"He played his two best games of the year," Warriors coach Don Nelson said. "I feel good about that. I've been waiting on him a long time. He may be starting to come around."

Things may be getting better for Barnes on the court, but that success is a far cry from replacing what he's lost.

"It's getting a little easier, but at the same time I think about her every day, and I dream about her at night," Barnes said. "It's just a healing process, and I think I'm making strides in the right direction."

Yea Barnes been Playing better Lately he been scoring like his OLd SELF but yesterday He had a DOuble DOuble 11 points 11 rebound made sum crucial rebound

Another winning record road trip.
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

koolaid5b.jpg

[table][tr][td] Mon 21[/td] [td] vs Minnesota [/td] [td] 1:00pm[/td] [td] FSBay[/td] [td]
broadcast_NBALP.gif
[/td] [td] 1050[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Thu 24[/td] [td] vs New Jersey [/td] [td] 7:30pm[/td] [td] [/td] [td] RTV,
broadcast_TNT.gif
[/td] [td] 680[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sun 27[/td] [td] vs New York [/td] [td] 6:00pm[/td] [td] FSBayHD[/td] [td]
broadcast_NBALP.gif
[/td] [td] 680[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Tue 29[/td] [td] @ Houston [/td] [td] 5:30pm[/td] [td] FSBayHD[/td] [td]
broadcast_NBALP.gif
[/td] [td] 1050[/td] [/tr][tr][td] Wed 30[/td] [td] @ New Orleans [/td] [td] 5:00pm[/td] [td] [/td] [td]
broadcast_NBALP.gif
[/td] [td] 1050[/td] [/tr][/table]
Hope we beat the teams that we're suppose to beat.
pimp.gif

pimp.gif
nice road trip, we shoulda won at indiana but still a successful road trip nonetheless. 3 very, very winnable games up ahead
eek.gif
pimp.gif

dunno if you guys read this, but HAHAHA
No Matt Barnes? No problem. (And Keith Smart can take a sigh of relief)

From Janny Hu in Milwaukee.

Matt Barnes joked that the gained five pounds snacking on appetizers tonight as he was forced to watch the Warriors' game from the locker room. Coach Don Nelson joked that assistant Keith Smart was preoccupied with, umm ... must-see TV, in mistakenly leaving Barnes off the active roster.

But it almost wasn't a laughing matter when the Warriors, already missing Mickael Pietrus and Austin Croshere, had their best reserve ruled ineligible just before tip-off because of Smart's error.

Said Nelson: "Actually, Keith Smart left him off because he was watching the adult movie channel when he should have been concentrating on drawing up the roster. So we're going to take that privilege away from him for the rest of the year -- no more adult movies for Keith Smart."

Said Barnes: "I didn't find out until they announced the starting lineups and said I had to go to the locker room. I said, 'For what?' They said I wasn't on the active list. It happens, I guess. ... (I had) everyone in the world asking me what's wrong, texting me, why aren't you playing?'"

I'm posting from my brother's username...

Go Warriors!!! Should be a win vs the T'Wolves but nothing the NBA is easy. I expect Minnesota to put up a fight, hopefully the Warriors don't come outflat in the 1st quarter again. They'd better win tomorrow because I'll be in attendance tomorrow vs the T'Wolves. Section 120 Row 29!!! Don'tdisappoint me Warriors!!!

1 PM start tomorrow. I wish I could go and watch the game live. Is NBA League Pass free preview start tomorrow? If so, I hope it's on HD.

Dissapointing loss today. We let them get up on us early and we couldn't really come back. Baron couldn't hit his FT's today, if he did, thiswould've been a win. That last layup was as good as in but it just rolled out. We need to get off to hot starts and stop coming from behind. Oh well,Warriors have a break till Thursday, so that gives them some time to rest up.

Bad loss today of course, but it's not the end of our playoff bid like some people were trying to say in the game thread
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom