Official WBC China VS Japan Thread. Vol: Great things come in smaller packages. 1:30 PST/4:30 EST

Team Japan.
pimp.gif

so this is the only game on today? that's wack. i need something to watch after it goes off.

lets go japan
pimp.gif

Does china suck that bad as you're telling us? And they said most of their pitchers throw 82-83. !#@??

Team Japan.
pimp.gif

I love the matte helmets...always liked that look. Also can't wait to see Darvish tested against some top shelf competition.

Does anyone know why Nishioka isn't on the squad this time?

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Ichiro cares about the WBC more than the Major League season.
laugh.gif
Because he knows his team will never be anything.
laugh.gif

But this is a big deal to ALL of these players from Japan, it's a lot bigger than you may think.

I wonder why Ogasawara never came over to the states...dude is a gamer.

Funny article I found with Ray Chang
Suddenly one of them said to the crowd in perfect English -- "How's it going today?"

Taken aback, the fans reacted by applauding. Out of this supposed language barrier came a surprise greeting. Here's the story behind the surprise, though.

"My name is Ray Chang," the player said later. "I'm from Kansas City and I've played in the Padres organization the last four years. I'll be back in camp with the Pirates this year when the Classic is over."

So much for thinking that one of the Chinese players had stayed up late to learn his first English phrase.

"Everyone doing OK?" he asked again -- and with that, infielder Ray Chang of the Chinese team walked away, leaving a puzzled, but appreciative crowd behind him.

why does ichiro have that on the back of his jersey? isnt that his first name? whats the reason behind it?

A. Ichiro is that famous he's only known by his first name.
B. Suzuki is a super common last name in Japan.
C. It was a publicity stunt that stuck.
D. All of the above?

Co-sign on the matte helmets being badass.

but im surprised mlb would even allow that. with that being said im even more surprised nobody from the states has tried doing that

Back
Top Bottom