Official World Series Thread: Texas (3) @ St. Louis (4), CARDINALS GRAB THEIR 11th

Sad how little buzz this has right now.

Hope the Rangers win, I don't want to have to deal with the Cards & Tony La Russa love fest if they win.

Glad the other Philly "Dream Team" didn't make it and its always good when the yanks, sox, giants, angels aren't in it. Go Rangers!

Op has does it feel that you will never make a world series thread for the Mets?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by JumpmanFromDaBay

Op has does it feel that you will never make a world series thread for the Mets?
laugh.gif

ron_artest_1wEpi.jpg

566464-ron_artest_large.jpg

Keep the Mets out this fam
grin.gif
.  Acting like the Giants until last year had done anything in 50 years.

i hate the rangers with every fiber of my being. there has been nothing worse than watching my astros steadily fall since 05, us not letting nolan ryan run our organization, and then having nolan turn the rangers around. not to mention, there were 0 rangers fans a couple of years back, now everywhere i walk im surrounded by them. go cardinals, get lance berkman a world series

Man, Dirk is livin right these days with his teams. 
laugh.gif

Wonder how it all works out, win the series, does Pujols stay?  Lose the series, does Pujols stay?  Has kind of a Lebron 09 feel to it honestly. 

Neither team should be fazed, Texas was here last year, Cards been here a couple times the last few.  Staffs should be at full strength/rested.  Hope it's a good one. 

I'll go ahead and say...........Texas in 6, I like the way Cruz is workin, and their lineup is savage.  Gotta believe that Texas is smart enough to not pitch to Albert, that should help them more than the Brewers dumb butts. 

Born, Dirk, good luck ya'll. 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

Wonder how it all works out, win the series, does Pujols stay?  Lose the series, does Pujols stay?  Has kind of a Lebron 09 feel to it honestly.    
Did you watch the post game interview CP? I think Albert is gone win or lose. I have a strong feeling he's in a Cubs/Angels/Giants or Nationals uni next season.

I am just hoping the Cards pitching staff can keep up the momentum they had against the Brewers.

Naw I didn't see it. But if StL wins, can't that nudge them a little more money Alberts way? Maybe he gives a small discount and finish his career there. What is the drop dead amount they can offer him, 150? More/less?

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Originally Posted by CP1708

Did you watch the post game interview CP? I think Albert is gone win or lose. I have a strong feeling he's in a Cubs/Angels/Giants or Nationals uni next season.

I am just hoping the Cards pitching staff can keep up the momentum they had against the Brewers.
Frankly I don't think Albert is gone, just based on the lack of suitors.

Cubs will make a serious push because they need to make a bold move.

The Angels don't need a first baseman since they are still hoping Kendry comes back, and they have Trumbo.
The Giants will not be players in the free agent market, they are in the same position as most college graduates, it has come time to pay off those college loans (Inexpensive players about to get paid).

I could see the Rangers making a play for Albert/Fielder if they whiff on CC.  Seems like they will have money to blow this off season.

I would hate Albert ending up with the Nationals, such a waste.

Congratulations to Raffy on making the World Series with the Cards, wouldn't be mad if they win.  I think the Rangers will win in 7.

Albert will be no where near SF if/when he leaves.

What's the over under for average game time now that St. Louis made it, 4.5 hrs?

Probably cheering for TX but don't really care. I'll probably catch one or two games but that's all

Back
Top Bottom