Which next gen Xbox will you purchase

• Xbox Series X

Votes: 129 78.7%
  • Xbox Series S

Votes: 28 17.1%
  • Both

Votes: 7 4.3%

• Total voters
I need all you dudes that complain about Halo Infinite not being exactly like Bungie's Halos to go by a Bluetooth headset, a linen suit, and go talk that back in the day talk over voice chat while playing MCC
They’re not wrong about the lack of BR starts in BTB or even Quick Play 4v4 rn. I cannot stand AR starts. It’s all almost trade offs. I kill someone, took me 85% of my AR clip so I reload, his teammate comes out full shields and bodies me. It’s exactly why so many of the games I’m playing have such close KD’s across the board.

Ranked with BR starts is the only place I’m able to actually get a substantial + KD at right now, because BR’s and power weapons are so hard to come by in regular modes.

Back in my day we didn’t sprint we just walked fast
How dudes want Chief to look when he is fighting the Banished...
BHUD.gif

They’re not wrong about the lack of BR starts in BTB or even Quick Play 4v4 rn. I cannot stand AR starts. It’s all almost trade offs. I kill someone, took me 85% of my AR clip so I reload, his teammate comes out full shields and bodies me. It’s exactly why so many of the games I’m playing have such close KD’s across the board.

Ranked with BR starts is the only place I’m able to actually get a substantial + KD at right now, because BR’s and power weapons are so hard to come by in regular modes.
With all dude respect famb, srs, but...
bye-chris-tucker.gif

Infinite is definitely much better than I expected, I didn't expect to enjoy it given 343's track record of ruining Halo

Reactions: MVP
With all dude respect famb, srs, but...
bye-chris-tucker.gif
Confused-GIF.gif

So I'm curious fam.. are you against BR starts? Are you for the current AR start being absolutely everywhere other than ranked? Or are you just writing off the opinion of anyone who played Halo 1-3?

For the record, so you know where I'm coming from.. I think 343 absolutely nailed this game so far. It's what I wanted and more.. but that doesn't mean that things can't be improved by slight modifications.. such as adding BR start game modes in regular social modes, especially BTB.

I want Infinite to be a success so next year when Destiny @ Witch Queen drops, and Bungie inevitably does something to piss off their fanbase again, I can go into the Destiny subreddit and post **** like "I wish 343 were making Destiny" and watch people flip out

I don't mind AR starts

The AR in Infinite is a lot better than it's ever been and I like the feel of using it to take shields out and then switching to Sidekick to finish off

Y’all dudes pumping up 343 even good? “This game so good!” *KD 3/23*

hope not

Anyway, last real memory of 343 halo was halo 4. Games were all voted to be on the same 3-4 maps max. Used that one rifle that was single shot and long range. I’d kill everyone until I ran out of ammo then melee until I was killed unless I got an ammo drop. Got boring quick

I don't mind AR starts

The AR in Infinite is a lot better than it's ever been and I like the feel of using it to take shields out and then switching to Sidekick to finish off
The AR is the best it's ever been but if you're gonna have AR starts there should at least be a plentiful amount of BRs on the map. Especially in Big Team Battle. I don't know what kind of demographic prefers AR starts over BR starts.
The BR shouldn't essentially be a power weapon, which is what tends to happen with so few BRs on the map.

Confused-GIF.gif

So I'm curious fam.. are you against BR starts? Are you for the current AR start being absolutely everywhere other than ranked? Or are you just writing off the opinion of anyone who played Halo 1-3?

For the record, so you know where I'm coming from.. I think 343 absolutely nailed this game so far. It's what I wanted and more.. but that doesn't mean that things can't be improved by slight modifications.. such as adding BR start game modes in regular social modes, especially BTB.
I played all the Halos

I don't really care about the issue and don't think it is that big of a deal unless the AR sucks

Infinite's AR seems serviceable enough, so I am fine with them

The AR is the best it's ever been but if you're gonna have AR starts there should at least be a plentiful amount of BRs on the map. Especially in Big Team Battle. I don't know what kind of demographic prefers AR starts over BR starts.
The BR shouldn't essentially be a power weapon, which is what tends to happen with so few BRs on the map.

I agree with you about BTB because the maps are bigger and ARs aren't very useful outside of low-mid range

I don't have an issue with it in 4v4 since the maps are so much smaller

BR starts makes weapon placement on the map worthless because you have the gun of choice. Map control is a staple of halo and that control includes weapon spawn. The exception is on huge maps where it’s BR or nothing BUT the power weapons and vehicles because part of the control.

I don't actually care what they do with Halo's MP anymore.

Just don't get me started on the direction of the Fallout games since FO4 :lol:

BR starts makes weapon placement on the map worthless because you have the gun of choice. Map control is a staple of halo and that control includes weapon spawn. The exception is on huge maps where it’s BR or nothing BUT the power weapons and vehicles because part of the control.
It’s the gun of choice for most who truly know how to play the game and put in time, it takes skill and strafe to use it. The AR being where it’s at now would beat it in close range, thus balancing it out, anyways.

It’s the gun of choice for most who truly know how to play the game and put in time, it takes skill and strafe to use it. The AR being where it’s at now would beat it in close range, thus balancing it out, anyways.
Who said anything contradictory to this? You 343 boys are just weird

Who said anything contradictory to this? You 343 boys are just weird
You’re basically saying it’s not needed on smaller maps, to which I said it would be fine to add to smaller maps because the AR beats it in close range anyways. Are you dense?

You also called it the gun of choice and I stated it is that to about half the community. Not everyone. So no, it’s not rockets or sword or something that would ruin the gameplay on a smaller map like you’re insinuating?

also, do you care elaborating on how I’m a “343 boy”? I’m genuinely curious.

Last edited:
I don't think the beta was the best, but got $25 in GameStop certs so might pull the trigger on BF2042. Trying to see what else is available, might pick up a 2nd controller. Not sure yet lol.

Back
Top Bottom